Trojan in Antibot - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

Trojan in Antibot

Started by Ryno, October 25, 2017, 11:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryno

Eresh

It's what is called a false positive. There's something in the DN network files that behaves like other viruses sometimes behave and since it's not a familiar/common program used by millions of people it's flagged as a generic virus. All AV's have this functionality, it's to protect you from newly made viruses that they don't have added specifically yet.

In this case the DN patcher is doing a couple "sketchy" things... it's transferring entered info to a server somewhere (ie - your L2 login needs to be sent for you to log in) and it's downloading and replacing files onto your computer (ie - the patching that it also does). These are red flags for an AV.

The reason it's flagging now and didn't before is likely due to an automatic update to your AV in the last day or so. They generally update themselves every few hours or days, depending on the AV. These updates are normally silent so you won't know they're happening, but every new version has the potential to start complaining about stuff you already had. I use Malwarebyes AntiMalware premium version as well as Windows Defender, both of them are happy with the DN network files. I've never gotten a virus in 19 years of online computing, I trust the DN files.