News:

Main Menu

Post your 1337 desktop =)

Started by Kikolina, September 24, 2008, 10:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyZENITH

Quote from: weapon_zero on July 29, 2010, 09:57:49 PM
thanks alot for the pictures! :)
moving out you say? well hope to a nice calm place with lots of room for all machines yet still not too far from the lovely historic town center! :D

and yeh, i m well aware about the difference in between 16:9 and 16:10.
no one serious can prefer a 16:9 screen, after all you are loosing 120 very precious lines on the vertical side when choosing 16:9. i hate scrolling lists, documents, webpages on a 16:9 panel. yet most people are dumb to even believe 16:9 is "better" with widescreen material cause it "doesnt show any black bars" (guess what 16:10 shows all the 16:9 picture in full resolution AND same size PLUS has extra pixels ontop and below that s why there are black bars).
but yeah, you can cut more 16:9 screens out of a panel than 16:10 ones, so saves alot of money for the manufacturer. and if the consumers are stupid enough not to note any difference.. :D
anyways i thought the sony crt had a 16:9 aspect ratio despite of it being "oldskool" since it was falsely labeled on an ebay auction which i checked, but i found i was wrong. :)

Yeah you know the consumers (aka typical member of American society without any education buying anything the RV says it's good), worse is that soon there will be no alternative. These days when you decide to pay more for it, you get better hardware or bigger screen or.... bigger.... not better.

And unfortunately I'm more fleeing then moving. Lets say that I just can't stand anything or anybody anymore. Everything I touch burns explodes or dies, I'm starting to be sick of the people as much as I never was, and so then I'm just running away. So, actually extremely small place and the truth is that I will have to get rid most of the things which I collected for years. I have already sold out most which had some value.  Now I don't know if I shall touch the 3DFX collection as well, but I guess not, cause later I would regret that.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

weapon_zero

Oh well life has its ups and downs and changing a place can really give you a different perspective on things (meant to move out from my place too for a long time but right now just have too many other stuff around).
If you really are about to dissolve the Voodoo collection -which would be a shame: i wanna buy the 5500! :)

LadyZENITH

It is just more.... which I will not talk on public. Well, to the point:

5500 ? So 6000 will have to go on Ebay... shame. Well last one went for 2400 dolars but that is the last thing I will give up, if I count right there is 4 of them in Europe. I mean working ones.  Talking about 5500 which one do you mean? The most common 5500 AGP, D-sub only, or the 5500 PCI, or 5500 PCI - MAC (pc compatible as well) with Dsub + DVI ?

Shame is that....  the 10 year warranty for it ends this year.   ;D Still working like new tho....
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

Ashlynn

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

dodqns

Ashlynn

Ret ard ired

xLynax

Quote from: Torek [IF] on September 28, 2010, 10:31:32 PM
omg i want it, plizz send m eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Its bumptop an app to make 3d desktops, sadly was sold and soon will be available only for cellphones  :-\.

But there are many copys around to download and use it for free, also you can apply some themes to change the look.

gl

Ashlynn

Quote from: Torek [IF] on October 04, 2010, 07:42:28 PM
hey ashlynn, did i say you taht my cousin looks like the paramore's singer???
she is very similar lol  ;D ;D ;D
so pack her up and send her to CZE. I'm gonna take care of her. ;)

Ret ard ired

Ashlynn

Quote from: Torek [IF] on October 04, 2010, 09:38:27 PM
sry but atm she is engaged with an italian/american thecno DJ xDDD
even her style is the same (but the red hair)
so pack her up and send her to sink in the Pacific ocean. Something will take care of her I guess. :D

Ret ard ired

weapon_zero

(http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1584/unbenanntoxq.jpg)

weapon_zero

Feels2005Man

(https://abload.de/img/unbenannt7nkvs.jpg)

...and sorry for doublepost, mods, activity is not what it used to be over here. :)