Web Analytics
Please Consider

News:

Main Menu

Please Consider

Started by Tyler, October 09, 2021, 12:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler

I want to present my 2 big suggestions to keep the server alive for longer, as a player and ex ClanLeader, after playing almost all DN servers from C3 so on and tens of other servers.

You fine people at DN have been doing a fantastic job at mixing-up the game with the sub-stack option and balancing it throughout the manny years.
But i think you should not shy away from furthermore mixing it up in other ways except the ones you usually do.
The staging part helps for sure, but it only delays the unevitable.
In my opinion these 2 factors will help the server have a longer life and reduce the chance of quitting.

1. Limit clans to max 40-60 players and max 2 clans in ally.
Why? Huge clans will always force 2 sides. One side emoquits, the other one will leave and no more people left to keep the server alive.
Instead, you will force multiple sides and more interesting oportunities to be formed, which is what we want and why we like sub-stack.
Also some old clans may have a chance to be reborn and compete at some level.

2. Nerf hero skills and rewards, or completely remove them.
Why? Usually the same winning side gets most heroes and the loosing side get's discouraged and leaves.
I think Aura and hero voice is reason enough to fight in oly.

Please read the whole post, think about it and say your honest and argumented opinions.
Will this make it better or worse? Does it sound at least interesting to try?
Sir, we are surrounded! Excellent, now we can attack in any direction!
www.zerg.darkbb.com

ImmortaLSpiriT

Quote from: Tyler on October 09, 2021, 12:42:39 PM
I want to present my 2 big suggestions to keep the server alive for longer, as a player and ex ClanLeader, after playing almost all DN servers from C3 so on and tens of other servers.

You fine people at DN have been doing a fantastic job at mixing-up the game with the sub-stack option and balancing it throughout the manny years.
But i think you should not shy away from furthermore mixing it up in other ways except the ones you usually do.
The staging part helps for sure, but it only delays the unevitable.
In my opinion these 2 factors will help the server have a longer life and reduce the chance of quitting.

1. Limit clans to max 40-60 players and max 2 clans in ally.
Why? Huge clans will always force 2 sides. One side emoquits, the other one will leave and no more people left to keep the server alive.
Instead, you will force multiple sides and more interesting oportunities to be formed, which is what we want and why we like sub-stack.
Also some old clans may have a chance to be reborn and compete at some level.

2. Nerf hero skills and rewards, or completely remove them.
Why? Usually the same winning side get's most heroes and the loosing side get's discouraged and leaves.
I think Aura and hero voice is reason enough to fight in oly.

Please read the whole post, think about it and say your honest and argumented opinions.
Will this make it better or worse? Does it sound at least interesting to try?

limited ally and clan numbers sounds really nice, about heroes i agree but i believe there will be A LOT of QQing about that.
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!

=^TrackZero^=

1. Is already done weeks ago, we are just reconsidering numbers.
2. We will discuss about it
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

somasz

Tbh olympiad here were and allways will be feedfiesta and makes open pvp harder to balance.
Unpopular opinion - disable it :D

ImmortaLSpiriT

Quote from: somasz on October 09, 2021, 01:20:20 PM
Tbh olympiad here were and allways will be feedfiesta and makes open pvp harder to balance.
Unpopular opinion - disable it :D

nah, let there be shinies and chat, just delete the skills =)
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!

somasz

Global chat exist since start  ::)

Plahvix

Your idea about removing rewards for oly is BIGBRAIN!

Would people still feedfest the entire thing if the rewards were the aura and hero chat, maybe, but I would bet there would be a lot less of it.

Remove hero skills, weapons and BOGs :p

Vexim

We all know that oly for a most part is a farm fiesta. Clan transfers or a few oly farmers fighting each other. Sadly there is no way to balance things out perfectly, if we balance chars on oly then open world pvp will be freaked and vice versa.

If i had a choice i would remove all hero skills but keep hero weapons just with changed SAs (only acumen for mage weapon, focus for bow, haste or health for spear etc) and p.attack/m.attack equivalent of s grade weapons +X (6-7?) so they act like a skin for normal s weapon and heroes still get something extra. I just rly like how some of these weapons look :P
That way heroes wouldnt be powerhouses with OP skills (ud/berk/valor/aoe silence/fear) and broken weapons (hello hero spear im talking about u). If we had here pvps where 200ppl were figthing 200ppl then those heroes wouldnt be that much of a deal but when there are 50v50 fights then those hero skills/weapons are doing a great difference.

Instead of removing BOGs we could reduce bonus oly points from becoming a hero (or removing it) so heroes wont get those free items. You will have to actually fight and win to get them. Also id like to see oly versions of AQ/Zaken/Tezza like on higher chronilces for resonable prices (40/50/60 points?) so more ppl would join oly not to become a hero but try to get those jewels.

"When a Malkavian speaks, listen. When a Malkavian acts, leave. When two Malkavians gather, run."

+GekKey+

+1

- Remove hero skills
- Remove hero weapon or tweak and remove the special effects.
- Remove enchants
- Add epic jewels oly version
- Remove BoGs or implement a fixed number of non-trable BoGs as a participation price (fe: after 10 oly fights, you are eligible to receive 2 BoGs at the end of the olympiad period.)

ImmortaLSpiriT

Quote from: Vexim on October 12, 2021, 01:46:14 PM
We all know that oly for a most part is a farm fiesta. Clan transfers or a few oly farmers fighting each other. Sadly there is no way to balance things out perfectly, if we balance chars on oly then open world pvp will be freaked and vice versa.

If i had a choice i would remove all hero skills but keep hero weapons just with changed SAs (only acumen for mage weapon, focus for bow, haste or health for spear etc) and p.attack/m.attack equivalent of s grade weapons +X (6-7?) so they act like a skin for normal s weapon and heroes still get something extra. I just rly like how some of these weapons look :P
That way heroes wouldnt be powerhouses with OP skills (ud/berk/valor/aoe silence/fear) and broken weapons (hello hero spear im talking about u). If we had here pvps where 200ppl were figthing 200ppl then those heroes wouldnt be that much of a deal but when there are 50v50 fights then those hero skills/weapons are doing a great difference.

Instead of removing BOGs we could reduce bonus oly points from becoming a hero (or removing it) so heroes wont get those free items. You will have to actually fight and win to get them. Also id like to see oly versions of AQ/Zaken/Tezza like on higher chronilces for resonable prices (40/50/60 points?) so more ppl would join oly not to become a hero but try to get those jewels.

totally agree, specially with underlined part. lets hope GMs will listen about heroes. Dont think they responded in any way yet.
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!

Picksy

My thoughts:

• Remove all active skills except hero fear and hero silence
  • Allow hero fear and hero silence to be cleansable
  • Remove special abilities from hero weapons and just make them exactly like S grade weapons (except with beautiful skin :D)
  • Add more buffs (like higher chronicles) to Oly
  • Implement everything that is in this image aswel (from past server)

I think this is a good balance of enough "nerfs" but keeping still some rewards for making hero. Hero debuffs are max 10 targets, if they are cleansable I dont think its that troublesome, if thats literally the only extra skills they have right ?

ImmortaLSpiriT

imho problem is that 90% of the heroes are not actually best players of class.... they are the ones that got fed up the most by clan/cp/friends, thats why i think removing all except cosmetics is the best. they still get nice shine, nice weapon skin (if they make them the same as other S weapons). also like someone said above, hero skills are a problem in small community, and when they are not even deserved its even worse.
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!