Subclass

News:

Main Menu

Subclass

Started by ddome1991, October 28, 2021, 11:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddome1991

Hello!

I have a question about this Subclass topic.
I used to play on the Dragon Network back when there were Nightmare, Dragon and Infinity servers. Well, that was a few years ago. Good old times....
Anyway, when I played on the Nightmare server back in the day, you could (sort of) make hybrid/mutant subclasses. I mean like Overlord/Necro or Spoiler/Warlord etc.
Can I make similar characters here or is it even allowed?
Or does anyone have any good subclass ideas? I usually play with support characters. E.g. bishop/tank

Thanks, regards:
Döme

Taro

Quote from: ddome1991 on October 28, 2021, 11:37:58 AM
No, it is NOT allowed.
only same race stacksub (human/human or orc/orc)

Plahvix

If you want to play Bishop/tank your only options are Bishop/Paladin or Bishop/DarkAvenger.

ddome1991

Thank you very much for the quick reply, that's what I wanted to hear, that you can't!
Yes, I played with the Bishop/Paladin character a long time ago.

Edit:
And what do you think of the Shillien Knight/Shillien Elder combo? Has anyone tried it? Is it even worth it?

Vexim

Its awesome, i played it last server and wasnt disappointed. It is a pvp focused character so dont expect to be good at pve.
You've got tons of very usefull skills> root for catching target that are running away or ols/wls that are going towards you, hex/stigma is great in fighter pts, lighting stike, freezing strike, power break, mana burn, recharge, agros, uds, shield bash... very versatile kit that works in both mage and fighter pts, but at the same time it is not easy to unlock its full potential - uve got a lot to do: tanking/agroing archers/burning/debuffing/recharging etc.
It should be played as a front line tank/debuffer/main assist( in fighter pt ) so expect to be targeted a lot :D
"When a Malkavian speaks, listen. When a Malkavian acts, leave. When two Malkavians gather, run."

ddome1991

I started out with SK, but since you say if I put SE on it, it's more PvP focused. I'm not really into PvP, so maybe I should go with something else. I prefer PvE since, I don't really like PvP, well I never could.
Anyone can recommend a good subclass for SK?
Or how bad is SK/SE in PvE?

Taro

Quote from: ddome1991 on October 29, 2021, 11:47:25 AM
I started out with SK, but since you say if I put SE on it, it's more PvP focused. I'm not really into PvP, so maybe I should go with something else. I prefer PvE since, I don't really like PvP, well I never could.
Anyone can recommend a good subclass for SK?
Or how bad is SK/SE in PvE?
AW/SK is good in PvP & PvE.
just go ToI or MoS and go kill angels with lethal, but for lethal angels you can go SK/xx or DA/xx

ddome1991

Thanks for the replies, although I think I'll stick with the support character. Bishop/Paladin will be absolutely fine for me.

Fiolo

Quote from: ddome1991 on October 28, 2021, 11:37:58 AM
Hello!

I have a question about this Subclass topic.
I used to play on the Dragon Network back when there were Nightmare, Dragon and Infinity servers. Well, that was a few years ago. Good old times....
Anyway, when I played on the Nightmare server back in the day, you could (sort of) make hybrid/mutant subclasses. I mean like Overlord/Necro or Spoiler/Warlord etc.
Or does anyone have any good subclass ideas? I usually play with support characters. E.g. bishop/tank

Thanks, regards:
Döme

Well, you can still do it but it won't raise to level 85. To do that you first have to do the retail quest (Fate's whisper) then take the desired non race class (I.E. overlord if you are human or necro if you are an orc) and raise it to level 78 with the third change included. Then you go to Astra with a golky horn and choose your subclass from your race class list (I.E. necro if you are a human, overlord if you are an orc) and you are ready.

Two weeks ago I made an bd/wc on orc figther skin and it worked. To do that I started and level it to the 75 as a destroyer, then made the Fate's whisper quest, then choose bd, then raise it to the 78 (while doing the Path of noblesse quests) and finally giving a golky horn to Astra and choose WC as DN-Subclass.

somasz

ddome1991

Thanks, but I'm not interested in the other server.

Plahvix

Quote from: Fiolo on November 04, 2021, 04:45:28 AM
Well, you can still do it but it won't raise to level 85. To do that you first have to do the retail quest (Fate's whisper) then take the desired non race class (I.E. overlord if you are human or necro if you are an orc) and raise it to level 78 with the third change included. Then you go to Astra with a golky horn and choose your subclass from your race class list (I.E. necro if you are a human, overlord if you are an orc) and you are ready.

Two weeks ago I made an bd/wc on orc figther skin and it worked. To do that I started and level it to the 75 as a destroyer, then made the Fate's whisper quest, then choose bd, then raise it to the 78 (while doing the Path of noblesse quests) and finally giving a golky horn to Astra and choose WC as DN-Subclass.

This guy is so baked he's got me worried for his health... Damn...