Web Analytics
Changing PK penalty

Changing PK penalty

Started by Taro, October 22, 2021, 01:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taro

Ok guys i have something interesting for you. I played on official L2 Aden and there they don't have the drop PK penalty. I believe at 10k+ Karma you get like decreased stats(DMG) i believe(never got there). And people could still kill the PK people without getting any penalty. In the beginning it was kind of weird. But HONESTLY after few days it grew on me and the feature was actually cool!

What do you guys think of removing the PK penalty that drops gear? and change it to something more ''acceptable''. Before you get all critical i'm not trying remove all penalty. Just rework it a bit so that its more acceptable/common to PK. The penalty should still be high enough to consider if you're going to do it or not.

Some suggestions i can think of at this moment: (or mb both, or multiple. or any other suggestion someone else comes up with)
  • Decrease EXP/SP gain with 50% (could be progressive, the higher karma the higher the exp/sp loss%
  • When having karma you can't be healed
  • Decrease of stats

Think about it for a bit before you answer instantly. Maybe the penalties i thought of are f*cked. But i think the dropping item penalty is shit and the official L2 devs thought so as well.

PLEASE VOTE SO WE CAN SEE WHAT MAJORITY THINKS (somehow the forum poll does not exist anymore)

Suggestions are welcomed.

ImmortaLSpiriT

Absolutely against that! Pk = drop and thats how it should be. If u dont want to drop, level up your sin eater. I personally pk a lot, and runing and trying to dekarma is part of the thrill, if i knew i have nothing to lose exept a little bit of exp i wouldnt even care to try to escape from players, also when undergeared players see pk they will usually try to kill him, and sometimes that leads to whole train of players chasing another player and thats part of the fun also, with nothing to gain most wont even bother, i mean why would they
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!

HumpDeBump

Quote from: ImmortaLSpiriT on October 22, 2021, 08:25:39 AM
Absolutely against that! Pk = drop and thats how it should be. If u dont want to drop, level up your sin eater. I personally pk a lot, and runing and trying to dekarma is part of the thrill, if i knew i have nothing to lose exept a little bit of exp i wouldnt even care to try to escape from players, also when undergeared players see pk they will usually try to kill him, and sometimes that leads to whole train of players chasing another player and thats part of the fun also, with nothing to gain most wont even bother, i mean why would they

Thats what used to be 15 years ago with all those trains. Nowadays if you have enough pk to drop items, you just bsoe and summon yourself to safe spot to clean. Thats it.

I agree with tess. It could be decrease of stats, like dmg/def/running speed. Would give more action in farm spots instead of carebearing

ImmortaLSpiriT

Quote from: HumpDeBump on October 22, 2021, 10:34:16 AM
Thats what used to be 15 years ago with all those trains. Nowadays if you have enough pk to drop items, you just bsoe and summon yourself to safe spot to clean. Thats it.

I agree with tess. It could be decrease of stats, like dmg/def/running speed. Would give more action in farm spots instead of carebearing

And what action would that be? 😂 killing someone with decreased stats? 😂 some action that is
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!

Rayden

Keep the drop when you are a PK but remove the Sin Eater quest and you will see the point in doing a PK!!! Then you will have your ass shaking!

ImmortaLSpiriT

Quote from: Rayden on October 22, 2021, 04:57:57 PM
Keep the drop when you are a PK but remove the Sin Eater quest and you will see the point in doing a PK!!! Then you will have your ass shaking!

Pve l2 player spotted
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!

Picksy

Like I told you personally, I would love to see this but it is pretty much a global pvp zone out of town which, we all know that most people will hate it and cry about it. If people are canceling wars with 3 parties vs 1 just because people are killing them when they farm, its more than obvious they wouldn't want this kind of change, even tho I would personally enjoy it ;)

djvancho

Tarantula   IL     Dragon H5          Hellraiser         Gaia         Infinity

BUFFSONG         BUFFCAT            SHAMANA         SHAMANA              NE/PP
sws/ee               best pp/wk ever       WC/OL         WC/OL        
sps/sws                        
ne/pal
BUFFCAT
wk

_okazaki_

Dragon c3/c4
okazaki

Tarantula