Web Analytics
Farewell Hellbound!

News:

Main Menu

Farewell Hellbound!

Started by Alannah, January 25, 2018, 04:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alannah

As it can be felt lately, in the past few months Hellbound Extender will be departing from Dragon-Network. Despite the heavy criticism from the community over its more recent stability and all the issues appeared, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all whom participate in this journey with us. There is no denying, we had countless of bugs, some vulnerability points on the files which most of them were fixed during the DEVS ACTIVE ERA.
There was a breaking point once our Head Developer of HB EXT quitted whole l2 scene, you might know him from several L2 community forums ,,Mac McBigMac,,
Things started to fell apart from that point, we got less and less updates (lets call it "useful fix"). The other developer, well.. with this post I'M not blaming him for anything, for me as an outsider of this developer team, this other dev ,,James,, seems to have a different way of programming. We got HB updates from him after Mac quit, but most of them were tryhard hotfixes, many many issues with overall stability. By now, current stage of Hellbound files are not recommended to run as live server. As I heard rumors L2Citadel is willing to launch a HB server using the same extender.
We have to say good bye to files, cause James can't fix dupe and item exploit, he was unable to replicate and fix the vulnerability of this file.
Overall, let's only remember the golden age of this Chronicle during these few years we revived it.
We have other plans for future and we can't afford to run this HB anymore.

Server will expire on 2018 february.
Once it happens, this part of the forum will be archieved as well.

Q/A?

Q: will there be any other HB server?
A: No, we are not investing in it.

Q: Will there be other new server?
A: As we have the possibility to create something for you, yes definitely.

Q: Will it be substack?
A: It's DN!!! If it comes to substack type of server, where else to look for one??
[url=http://support.dragon-network.net] Support [/url]