Web Analytics
TYR/DE

News:

Main Menu

TYR/DE

Started by pmkaboo, June 18, 2017, 04:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmkaboo

Once again, im asking anyone with proper knowledge, can you please post a guide on how to kill rbs with this char? Please include the party comp, equip (weapon, armor and jewels), enchant levels, element levels, how you go about killing bosses and how long it takes, and whatever else that has any effect on your ability to kill the boss.

------------------------------------------------------

As an example, heres what i was doing on HR1:

chars: (everyone was between 78-80)
DE/TYR (on DE stats), tal plate, DHA+3 (+75 fire)
WC/OL
BP/WK
BD/SK
SWS/TK

strat:
- get under 30% hp
- full buff, dance, song, cat buff (no life steal)
- activate infernal form - rage - frenzy - bison - zealot
> alternatively if trying to be efficient with cooldowns: equip fist+crit haste, infernal, puma, zealot, rage, frenzy, bison
- TK shield of faith
- F1 the boss (ignore fighters, youre immune the whole fight anyway)
- with 1-2s remaining on SoF, SK does his SoF
> if boss is not dead by the time 2nd SoF is ending, use force barrier
- collect loot
- some bosses survived for whole zealot (1min), for those we had another PAL with 3rd SoF in reserve

With this setup it took about 2 SoFs to kill Hekaton.

Heres what im trying on Ayirn beta:

chars:
TYR/DE (on DE stats), lvl80, platinum heavy dynasty weapon master, icarus fist +0 (150 fire), aq, baium, valakas, zaken, antharas jewels
WC/OL 81 with seal of limit
SK with hex+22 chance

strat:
- get full buff from scheme buffer (greater might, cov, and lifesteal)
- get under 30% hp
- unequip jewels
- get purple
- get seal of limit
- get focus up
- self buff the same way as above
- F1 the boss (or fighters if there are any, use force barrier if necessary)
- after a hit or two, SK starts hexing the boss

With this, it took full frenzy duration and a couple more seconds to bring down Hekaton.

And yes, i know that im missing the cat buff, but that wouldnt change much, instead of taking 2mins to kill the boss, it would be around 1:30, at best. Im also aware of the fact that i could downgrade to S-grade, drop boss jewels, get a healer in there and take the boss down in 2-3 frenzies, maybe more, (fighters spawning at wrong time might make it complicated), but 2-3 frenzies is like 5+ minutes, and you will be purple for most of that time (because youll need to refresh seal of limit), which means as soon as any other player appears there, which is very likely in that long window, you will just die.

Quick comparison:
HR1: tal plate, DHA, no need to flag yourself, boss dies in less than a minute
Ayrin: enhanced dynasty, icarus, boss jewels, have to flag yourself, boss dies in a couple minutes, also need to get forgotten scroll and enchant skills, alternatively, can be done in s grade without boss jewels, but this takes extremely long time.

I see that TYR/DE can still solo bosses, but the requirements for that are absolutely ridiculous, and dont go well in hand with the comments ive seen on these forums claiming that its still pretty much the same as before, and thus i believe im missing something crucial.
So please, enlighten me, and all the other noobs like me, and explain how can DE/TYR still be viable, because from my point of view, it takes about the same time to kill bosses as any archer or mage pt, but unlike them, the orc cant defend himself. When posting, please remember that im terrible at this game, and so a lot of stuff that might seem obvious to you, is a complete mystery to me.

Peorexo

Quote from: pmkaboo on June 18, 2017, 04:04:05 PM

tl;dr not fully prepared probably lacking some stuff, killing 80lv boss in under 90sec solo with 1 character.
Legit unplayable.

You can use necro DOD for *2 dmg, certificate for atk speed, cat buff.

pmkaboo

Quote from: Peorexo on June 18, 2017, 04:07:33 PM
tl;dr not fully prepared probably lacking some stuff, killing 80lv boss in under 90sec solo with 1 character.
Legit unplayable.

You can use necro DOD for *2 dmg, certificate for atk speed, cat buff.
one character with full boss jewels, dynasty armor, icarus weapon and lvl81+ debuffs, and its still weaker than the same one character in tal plate, dha without any jewels or debuffs. this is what you mean by "its still playable"?

Vexim

Quote from: pmkaboo on June 18, 2017, 04:44:33 PM
one character with full boss jewels, dynasty armor, icarus weapon and lvl81+ debuffs, and its still weaker than the same one character in tal plate, dha without any jewels or debuffs. this is what you mean by "its still playable"?
its still playable
"When a Malkavian speaks, listen. When a Malkavian acts, leave. When two Malkavians gather, run."

MIkel

Well today I killed few RB's with DE/TYR. Main difference between HR1 and HR2 (Ayrin OBT) is that Bison doesn't work with other weapons than FISTS anymore. So don't use DHA/Dyna Crusher/Icarus Heavy Arms just use fists. Result... only Orfen killed me few times.
HR x25
MIkel - ee/sws BAN
iMIkel - ee/sws OFF

NM x30
xMikelsx - he/wl OFF
Baldur - freaked by GM :( OFF

somasz

tallum heavy > dynasty heavy
no haste cert
no cat buff

killing boss SOLO in 5 min is more than enough anyway

pmkaboo

Quote from: MIkel on June 18, 2017, 08:28:20 PM
Well today I killed few RB's with DE/TYR. Main difference between HR1 and HR2 (Ayrin OBT) is that Bison doesn't work with other weapons than FISTS anymore. So don't use DHA/Dyna Crusher/Icarus Heavy Arms just use fists. Result... only Orfen killed me few times.

tested TYR/DE with fists and bison, TYR/DE with two hand and DE/WC with two hand, all 3 are pretty much on the same level when it comes to downing raid bosses. would you mind mentioning what items you used and what other chars contributed to the kills with buffs or debuffs or whatever else? because information like "ive done this and that" doesnt help very much. thanks.

Quote from: somasz on June 18, 2017, 08:29:01 PM
tallum heavy > dynasty heavy
no haste cert
no cat buff

killing boss SOLO in 5 min is more than enough anyway

yes killing boss solo in 5 mins is good enough, i agree.
but thats beside the point, since hr2 started, the word around here was that tyr/de is still the same as before, you just have to use fists. so i was like "ok, gonna craft demon splinters, give them some fire attr, craft talum and i can go wreak havoc", then i came to some boss that i was annihilating on hr1 and frenzy ended before i got him to 90%, and so ive been wondering ever since what the heck am i missing, how fcking bad am i that i cant make the simplest char in the game work.
and now i finally have the answer, i wasnt missing anything, people just forgot to mention that you need s80 equip, and rb jewels, and you need to get a debuff from your ol, and you also need a necro with 3 other mages empowering him to debuff the boss.

also im not sure about the armor, talum is just atk speed, while dynasty gives you p atk, crit damage, and also crit chance if using two hand.

Clonage

Like peo said you cant skip catbuff and DoD...

Take smthg like
wc ol
bp wk
sws ee
necro pal

You can use flame icon from pala aswell but it will only give u atk speed on fists.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

pmkaboo

Quote from: Clonage on June 18, 2017, 10:06:46 PM
Like peo said you cant skip catbuff and DoD...

Take smthg like
wc ol
bp wk
sws ee
necro pal

You can use flame icon from pala aswell but it will only give u atk speed on fists.

ill repeat this for the last time, even if i use all that, ill still need icarus and rb jewels to be almost as good as HR1 tyr/de with just tal plate, dha and 0 rb jewels. im not saying this is a bad change, and i agree that its still playable, but its complete trash compared to HR1 tyr/de.

MIkel

Ok my setup was like this:
- DE/TYR with dyna hvy set (tbh killing RBs with this set was easy enough so i did't test another sets), Icarus Fists+haste+150 fire, c grade fists with rsk. haste and full RB set (aq, zaken, antharas, baium, valakas). I also learned counter haste certification skill and fighters will.
- SWS/WK for cat buff, champion and reneval song
- WC/OL for seal of limit, cov and chant of protection

As always at the beginning I drop my hp below 30%, take seal of limit, songs, cat buff, cov etc. then equip c grade fists with rsk. haste, use puma totem, activate counter haste (if im lucky also with fighters will), rage, zealot, frenzy, bizon, force barrier and just killing RB (starting with raid fighters)

For lower lvl RBs (70-76) I delevel to 76 and take draco set and demon splinters, all the rest is the same.

I don't use hex nor DoD.
HR x25
MIkel - ee/sws BAN
iMIkel - ee/sws OFF

NM x30
xMikelsx - he/wl OFF
Baldur - freaked by GM :( OFF

Clonage

Quote from: pmkaboo on June 18, 2017, 10:20:28 PM
ill repeat this for the last time, even if i use all that, ill still need icarus and rb jewels to be almost as good as HR1 tyr/de with just tal plate, dha and 0 rb jewels. im not saying this is a bad change, and i agree that its still playable, but its complete trash compared to HR1 tyr/de.

You dont need icarus or epics.... first Baium was killed with 2 de ty in a grade fists last server... Ofc it's worse then Hr1. It was retardedly stupid to have 1 character delete bosses in less then 30 seconds.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

stanko

Quote from: pmkaboo on June 18, 2017, 04:04:05 PM
I see that TYR/DE can still solo bosses, but the requirements for that are absolutely ridiculous, and dont go well in hand with the comments ive seen on these forums claiming that its still pretty much the same as before, and thus i believe im missing something crucial.
friends  :(

We had really good ty/de player on last server but even he was doing much better when we logged few chars for him to boost his dmg output, so consider playing in party.
And ofc, you cannot compare dmg of 2 hand blunt weapon with 500 crit rate to the style of using this char nowadays but if you're really leaning towards the usage of blunt weapons with high crit rate you can try some mutants with some specific 2 hand blunt weapon and see if you're more satisfied that way (I can even tell you the combo and the weapon but you will still not be satisfied cause the best you can get is ty/de - certs/fs)
Bajchos  Eon  plavusha

https://youtu.be/WLnwxNHJ7bA
https://youtu.be/IpDxIT8OyQM
https://youtu.be/dXtZ8UNmMts
https://youtu.be/NZEI5WUv2_o