Web Analytics
Ayrin x75

News:

Main Menu

Ayrin x75

Started by dabo, September 10, 2017, 01:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dabo

This is mostly to =^Alannah^= and for any other GM as well.

So thats it.

You open a server, get as much donation as you can in the first 2 weeks, and then gives no support on anything. No balance , no events, no nothing. Trade bugs out, we need to wait 2 days for a fix. You dont get in game anymore , takes forever to reply on forum (if you reply at all). You just wait for people to leave and server to fail.

After that, you just go and open a new server. Rinse and repeat, right?

Dont get me wrong, im not pissed about the donations. $20 or so wont make me starve, but the time we spend on this server , playing , questing , farming and gearing up , was problaby more time than you spent "planning" or giving support to Ayrin.

So please, care to explaing why are you opening  a new server, if , as it is proven, you cant even run Ayrin well? Is there anything different you'll do as GM on that new server? I dont really believe so, otherwise theres no reason you wouldnt do it here as well, right?

You might think this is a flaming post, but its far away from that. All i really want to know is why did you open this server in first place, if you were not willing (or do not had the competence) to support it as GM, AND, why are you opening a new one , if you cant even fix the one thats already running?

I guess the players just deserve to know if they gonna farm everyting else again just to be left alone on that new server or if you actually gonna do something diferent.

Id really love to get some replys from =^Alannah^= here, so she could enlighten us, and hopefully , topic wont get deleted becouse i said something you didnt want to hear.
Ayrin -> THWL - sold
Dragon -> dabo

Alannah

Hellbound extender is funded by us. ^Teqi^ was the idea giver, who kept spamming the staff. Probably we put more money in HB than we put into other stuffs..
At the really beginning the development were going, lets say fast and good. There were 2 developers both enjoying the profit of it. If we go even deeper into details 1 fix, 1 patch or 1 hand movement .. 1 file opening started at 100 euro. Sometime a patch cost 200 eur. Someone might think L2OFF files are cheap and you get it everywhere... no, quality files and especially this HB which created from scratch, literally from 0 cost 5 digit euros in total by now. Time has passed and 1 dev gone, quited developing. The remaining one no matter if we keep paying the same ... he is AFK, not replying, that's why you experienced delays in fixes. There's bugs and exploits that are not even patched up, and 99.9999% won't be ever. We can't do anything because the extender developer is not responding to us no matter how much we spam or look for him. We can state that HB development is stopped on extender level, not because of us, we can't work with these files if they are going outdated.

On other hand, It's announced none of the DN servers are going down, all remain online. Even tho this part of the staff ... we are not connected to Dragon server at all. It's Glasy and whoever know who.

Most part of the donations are paid into OVH datacenter to renew machines, idk how much income was in this server because it's not handled by me at all. All I know machines are renewed for another 6 month.
In this new Interlude, we are paying advertisement from pocket...

I'm not gonna saying this rude or being cokcy, but it's a x75 server (with runes!!!) what do we talk about gearing and time spent on it?
It's a free to play Private realm. Just like few years ago I was playing several servers, i was nolifing and what? i spent uncountable hours on these private servers and they are all gone. I did not feel bad about all these gone cause I played for fun and I had fun but as all private realms most of them will die eventually, ppl leave and thats it.

We had few gms on this new server, I can't do much if they are not active. I'm in charge for myself only. I had less time due to irl work, irl > hobby. We do these as hobby, free to play. You choose.

Yes we will keep doing these as hobby. Hellbound simply isn't developed anymore, we can't do anything. Only available STABLE files are IL,GF,GE,Hi5 for us. I'd love tho a Classic but they ask too much money for it and it's only RENT, no files we get.
I think I answered that part why we couldn't run smoothly Ayrin and HB servers. (developer issues)
Why we open new server? It's autumn, ppl are willing to spend more time at pc at these seasons. I can show here EGO: There are no good low rate IL server around. We have quality IL files with support for any issues. We can do good IL retail.

Possibly I won't be doing anything unusual than doing here on HB, That's why we have ^Floki^. I personally know him IRL, I put my trust in him and I believe he will serve better than any of the gms ever. OFC this gone to business, paid as irl job.

About current Ayrin, I'd turn server into instant pvp server, few shops to be changed, different rewards or prices
[url=http://support.dragon-network.net] Support [/url]

Ephroctius

Quote from: =^Alannah^= on September 10, 2017, 02:27:50 PM

About current Ayrin, I'd turn server into instant pvp server, few shops to be changed, different rewards or prices

Please do this. There is no "real multi-sub" pvp server arround.

Also i'd like to see, that we could get top gear not only by crafting, but also by killing some RB's. there are tons of raids on different level, that could drop top end gear. I think this will be more attractive for players on different levels, that he could grind gear through lvling process. And when he would reach lvl 80, he ll be ready for battle.
Infinity - BD/SE {Ephroctius}
Valkyra - GL/PAL {Rania}
Dragon - SPS/EE {TheRain}
Tarantula - SK/SE {DoctorOz}
Nova - EE/ES {Ping}

Naiz

Seems interesting to me :>
Vash aka Mardun / SoBOtA / ChriSBrowN

Naiz  / Teutates

ExCiDiuM / CaerSidi

sc0vy

+ from me. Great idea ! A lot of ppl dont have time for farm.
Infinity x5 
RobinHood (sold) and many others..

Nova x7
ScovA

reddragonjr

To make it shor Ayrin server rocks best than all together except Tarantula.
So put in there some pvp events like Tvt or towns turning in pvp zones etc.
Tarantula SS2 Ninja TrIBaL The Shaman!
Dragon x15 Severance Ninja!
gl/he c2-c3 begin
TrIBaLu th/wl c3-c4-il-Hb
|TrIBaLu| he/pp c4-il-Hb
Always outnumbered! Never outgunned!

pressman

Can u list the changes ? And when ?

Kirianus

Alannah

thursday i have dayoff and weekend
ofc changes will be listed

Chipprel

Nice to hear that. Curious to ser whats coming and if who left server will be back.
Any possible to increase number of Evils in Anomic Foundry?

Alannah

I added extra mobs there already but they have special AI which makes them spawn this weird way
anyhow i can check on it too, its not big thing

dabo

Thanks for the reply. Feels much better to know what happened.

As sugestion , id rework all Anomic Foundry. Remove all the "useless mobs" there, maybe make custom ones with lots of HP and stats that drops evil weapons , so players would actually need a party to farm those. Since its pvp zone, people would be fighting for that spot, party vs party. That would make a great place to farm and find pvp at any time.
Ayrin -> THWL - sold
Dragon -> dabo

Malv

Note:
I know you are super excited about changing Serv into instant pvp and it's ok. However I love it's pve side - lineage is game where at endgame you need big group of players to achieve something. In stacksub Serv like this it's far easier to do stuff - group of three has the power of 6 or even more when made well. It's true that being on top 10 or 20 players needs a lot farm - but it will never change, this game is gamble- even if you get free s stuff it can always be enchanted , skills too , augments , attributes.
Having that said it's Really hard for me to find lot things that require change - of course pvp keeps ppl busy , but gearing up does the job too. If you get all things on plate you get bored quickly.