To Track,Drake and old players! - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

To Track,Drake and old players!

Started by reddragonjr, November 26, 2017, 10:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HerrMayer

Quote from: Peorexo on November 28, 2017, 10:04:28 PM
And ppl will quit once again for having difficulties compared to the guys already subbed, its all the same no matter what hardship u will do, call it retail call it sub call it nobless call it a/s-grades if you will dare to make something hard to get, ppl will cry and quit cuz of that :S most of the guys nowadays does not have the cojones to stand up and fight for something

back in 2008 ppl did not quit and golka was hard as hell
it was even more ppl comming to play bcz the stack nd when subbed went to golka the rb casted him back to town
when you read the forum, your eyes bleed...

stanko

Quote from: LadyZENITH on November 27, 2017, 06:52:14 PM
Wow this thing made me log-in here after years, so here I go:

Look man, Tarantula was not that good. It had pretty much only thing going for it and that was nostalgia. It was so strong it even brought me back to L2, as long as many old players I knew from old infinity, but most of them did not last long.

The server itself had poor balance (worse than 2007 C4 infinity), the no pots tatoo system uugh, the dynamic exp system making early game even shorter was so bad idea, etc, etc. Even the community on Tara was cowardly, one clan blocking baium 200+ begging. Imagine that on old infi, the next baium everybody would unite and push trough. On Tara? The begged for few more weeks and then left the game. I remember pking few guys in BS just for the sake of some action only to see them cry and while "noble first then I pvp" while I was lower lvl than them. Isn't L2 primary about the plotting politics and drama? Well apparently for current players not and when they loose the rush to endgame race they just quit and go to different server. Tarantula even had many castles unsieged in NPC hands when people already had S grades, cause who cares right, sieges don't give me noble nor epics. That was the mentality on the server and it sucked.

TBH I do not even know why people favor Interlude so much. To me best was C4. Interlude has brought some ok balance changes on retail, but that was it. On the other hand some horrible gameplay changes. To name few, for example you no longer had chance to drop stuff if you die to mobs even with 0 karma, removing another risk factor from the game. Also, the weapon auguments, good idea, except it makes your weapons undroppable, aka another risk removed. Another problem, "summon" skills, aka male logged off ES on all important players, you log him in, he summons the WC, he gate-chants the entire clan here and boom you are all on top of TOI. The inclusion of shadow weapons making the early-game even shorter and more insignificant tho the late-game did not really get any more content. Like... thats bad for the game guys. Such as the clan system change, aka from the big ally 40member clans to big clans small ally. I think that was a bad change for the game.

But all of this is just my opinion I know, and its not the primary reason most of the old players left Tarantula rather fast. Nor are the exploits or ballance or such, that was the last straw for those still remaining, but most were gone by that point. The issue is they were drawn in just by nostalgia which makes us remember things in better light than they actually were, and then hit in the face by the reality of the game, and the reality of current day community and all, simply told they did not enjoy this so they left, thats all there is to it. 

No wonder tho, imagine a mid 30's guy working full time, some of them with family that log-in for 3 hours once every 2 days. In less than month he is facing guys in total endgame, ofc he is gonna drop it cause back in the day he was on top, and he will not be a non-factor, and the basic gameplay of L2 is pretty boring.

The stuff that made the game good back then is no longer present. Even if you would revert to what I for example liked the most, aka the 2007 C4 Infinity era (the real C4,not the 2006 one with the C1 beta server core, god not that one), it would still lack the drive, cause people already know everything. Back then we were all noobish, we took months to get to B grades, we fought even dwarf vs dwarf on spoil spots that were not even that optimal, nothing was optimal in our play, but that slow progress and constant clashing seeded the complicated player and clan relationships that actually made even the endgame fruitful when we eventually got there, and thus we played for years with joy. This does not exist anymore. The moment you start you will be hit in the face by whales and CP's that will rush to the endgame. Nobody will enjoy the daily play as they all did it before and know exactly where to go and what to do on every lvl, playing basically on rails. None of this screams fun. Even if you do your best to counter the rush, for example implement a system where the more you play the less your exp would be that would reset daily, making the differences between accounts smaller, it would not fix it.

The only fix would be more complex change, something that would derails the old tracks, change where sutff drops/spoils, change where which mobs are, change quests, change the way you obtain sub and noble, make it better not worse (worse equals easier here), do not milk it in your cashshop (well you can a bit the PVE parts, but not the pvp ones), balance stuff manually and dont be afraid to make swift changes when needed, but most important do not publish the bloody changes (except like char skill ones), make people explore and share info again, aka make it impossible to google pmfun and play on rails. This is the only way I can imagine it being good. I do not want to play another Interlude, not even another C4 TBH, because Iv played it before and Tarantula was a proof that this cammel's back is already broken, its too worn down, its on rails, all played it before, it sucked, and the next time it will suck even more, its overplayed.

Funny, the reason we still long for old L2 is because the modern MMO's are such a shit.
While I agree with the part where you say L2 pvp should be driven by L2 pve on every single spot, and it should be game of politics when you are on the weaker side of the fight I disagree about simplifying the game to lower chronicles.
Old chronicles had so few skills to be used, so few items to farm, so few goals when you actually know what goals you have to accomplish. And it's normal that when new expansions came out NCSoft enabled some of the catch up mechanics for possible new players to make their life easier (shadow weapons), as people on these servers already had characters on max level and didn't even care about this feature probably. And it's also normal that they introduce new items / mechanics that need to be farmed, you have to give your community updates so they keep playing your game, it's just that this doesn't work out good for private server players as they are used to playing one single chronicle and when they are offered something new they just skip to another good ol' interlude server  :)

I don't have problem with server rate being even x1 with slow progression etc, but thing is interlude chronicles + no stack sub... kinda boring to me.
For me stack sub mixed with higher chronicle is much more fun, gives a lot of possibilities / fun combos, I would even allow some OP combos that would be OP only for certain aspects of the game (for example give ty/de full power of all skills but block him from solo killing epics, lower bonus from skills while using bow, etc...).
It's private server, you can make even skills work the other way they are supposed to work by the official chronicle, as long as it gives enjoyment / fairness to all the players  :D

Maybe the next good idea for the project would be low/mid rate progression server with stack sub, starting from interlude and climbing to GF/H5... As we know this was how it went with oldest DN servers, and they were the most successful and they still live as one merged server :)
This takes too much time / effort / money, so we are probably not going to see it, but I can guarantee that progression project would bring a lot of people.
Bajchos  Eon  plavusha

https://youtu.be/WLnwxNHJ7bA
https://youtu.be/IpDxIT8OyQM
https://youtu.be/dXtZ8UNmMts
https://youtu.be/NZEI5WUv2_o

pressman

100%  Agree with stanko.

-Games need updates

low/mid rate progression server with stack sub, starting from interlude and climbing to GF/H5.

Kirianus

mochin

Dunno if any of you guys played it, but for me the most interesting stacksub server was the PacMan's server, lineage2 squared aka lineage2
http://forum.pmfun.com/viewtopic.php?t=46
h5 chronicle, unique features etc

__Metallica__

I think Dragon x15 should be wiped ( sorry , ok don't throw rocks ) and reopened as c4 with all the extras it had ( things as CHP, substuck, unique for DN)... 
"Forum fighter - Bullshit writer awards" - jury
berty - The Gladiator

reddragonjr

Well I liked all chronicles even GOD 1st 2 years before they made those stupid updates with infinite lvl wtf...and other shits.
Progression could be good to,server will last more.
Tarantula SS2 Ninja TrIBaL The Shaman!
Dragon x15 Severance Ninja!
gl/he c2-c3 begin
TrIBaLu th/wl c3-c4-il-Hb
|TrIBaLu| he/pp c4-il-Hb
Always outnumbered! Never outgunned!

LadyZENITH

Nah, I don't know about progressing chronicles, wasn't there a server like this before? I would like to see some custom changes done. I don't like how clone copycat the post IL chronicles became. Aka well I guess dynasty armor is now a thing so everyone will have it and everyone will have the same weapon as well playing copycap. If new chronicles then heavy modified, make other armors viable in endgame, restat apella if you have to, throw the attrib system out of the window, throw in C4 drop rules and clan system, throw in the new etheria race or how are they called and lets go. Dont copycat the awful chronicles, just take the good they had and strip the bad. Make something heavy customized, something we would have to explore and learn again.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

reddragonjr

Yeah that would be cool to make a custom substack server with pieces of every chonicle in it (skills/buff bars,slots/armors/maps/mobs/ etc).Appela craftable or dropable with stats same as draconic would be cool.Those sets look better than every set in L2 but they got shit stats.

But with IL or clasic hud.
gl/he c2-c3 begin
|TrIBaLu| he/pp c4-il-Hb

GhostSlayer

Quote from: LadyZENITH on November 30, 2017, 09:52:56 PM
Nah, I don't know about progressing chronicles, wasn't there a server like this before? I would like to see some custom changes done. I don't like how clone copycat the post IL chronicles became. Aka well I guess dynasty armor is now a thing so everyone will have it and everyone will have the same weapon as well playing copycap. If new chronicles then heavy modified, make other armors viable in endgame, restat apella if you have to, throw the attrib system out of the window, throw in C4 drop rules and clan system, throw in the new etheria race or how are they called and lets go. Dont copycat the awful chronicles, just take the good they had and strip the bad. Make something heavy customized, something we would have to explore and learn again.
That is way to much developing effort for DN. Sadly.
You could make a progression midrate server from C4 going forward, introducing new expansion in like 2-3 months so people don't get bored, but that also requires a lot of gm work which i don't know if it's possible. Also the problem with this is in new files. New expansion -> new files -> new exploits and as we all know 1 of those exploits is enough to ruin a server, and then u have to go all over again next year :D.
The thing you mention about PvP events in your 1st post is a really big deal imo. There hasn't been a single PvP event on HR, HR2, Ayrin, Balder, last one being on tarantula in October 2011 (correct me if i'm wrong). 6 f*cking years ago! Like i seriously don't think that it is that hard to spend 1 saturday afternoon organizing a PvP event.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4SUH38yLSH__KXrzmwLXQ

https://www.twitch.tv/balanortv

Khazir

remember - youre not ready for pvp :>

reddragonjr

Quote from: GhostSlayer on December 01, 2017, 10:59:14 AM
That is way to much developing effort for DN. Sadly.
You could make a progression midrate server from C4 going forward, introducing new expansion in like 2-3 months so people don't get bored, but that also requires a lot of gm work which i don't know if it's possible. Also the problem with this is in new files. New expansion -> new files -> new exploits and as we all know 1 of those exploits is enough to ruin a server, and then u have to go all over again next year :D.
The thing you mention about PvP events in your 1st post is a really big deal imo. There hasn't been a single PvP event on HR, HR2, Ayrin, Balder, last one being on tarantula in October 2011 (correct me if i'm wrong). 6 f*cking years ago! Like i seriously don't think that it is that hard to spend 1 saturday afternoon organizing a PvP event.

Tarantula launched in january 2014  :P Ghost.
gl/he c2-c3 begin
|TrIBaLu| he/pp c4-il-Hb

GhostSlayer

Quote from: reddragonjr on December 02, 2017, 05:20:21 AM
Tarantula launched in january 2014  :P Ghost.
Yeah my bad, no idea about timeline hahahha, thats why i said to correct me :D.
Still doesn't change the fact, almost 4 years :/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4SUH38yLSH__KXrzmwLXQ

https://www.twitch.tv/balanortv