Author Topic: Interlude server Conception  (Read 5054 times)

ShadowV

• Vagabond
  • Rec's: -4
Interlude server Conception
« on: March 23, 2018, 06:14:50 PM »
Hello guys i have played l2 DNET a long time ago and it was one of the best servers i have evr played :) So let me tell you how i think  a new DNET server will look good :)
                                                                        INTERLUDE

Rates :
exp-20x
sp-20x
Drop-10x
Adena-10x
Class change :
1st and 2nd class with adena  3d class by quest

Subclass:
Free subclass (only go to npc)

Nbl:
Full quest !! And instead of having only barakiel to have a second method that u need to collect 100 items from a special type of mobs ( the gm's decide) and the chance of droping those items to be  15-20% for mob

Gameplay:
-Gm shop up to C grade items that u can buy with adena
-NPC Buffer without ressist and pet buffs
-Mp potions that regen 800mp wth 10sec delay
-Global GK
-Special GK for catacombs
-Bigger respawn time for RB's like Valakas,Baium,Zaken,Qa.... (i think it will be good if each of this bosees spawn ONCE a moth...That will make the boss battle a rally big deal)(Also the bosses to be boosted so u cannot beat them with 1pt...)
-Olympiad every 1 month( with items max +8)
-Clans can have only 1 clan in ally (And when creating a clan to start at lvl5)
-Sieges only Aden,Giran,Goddard,Dion (This  will make sieges bigger and better)
-Clan halls only Aden,Giran,Goddard,Dion(same as castles with 250-300kk monthly rent)
-4 or 5 fortress avaible

Enchants:

-Normal scroll-60%
-Blessed scroll-75%
-Armor/Jews max +12
-Weapon max +16
-Armor/jews/weapon safe +3

DONATIONS : Hats,Mask,VIP Char (That have rate improve by 5x to all rates and can write in HV chat) and to have accses to npc buffer in any area for himself.

I can add many more things but this are the main ones. Please share your opinion if u want to see  this kind of craft-pvp server from DNET.
I think this type of server can last for atleaset 1.5-2 years

Reggard's by ShadowV
BD

Picksy

• Knight
  • Rec's: 1
  • KAPPA TwentyFourSeven KAPPA
Re: Interlude server Conception
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 11:45:37 PM »
I dont like it, at all. This is just another mid rate pvp interlude server. Hell, I hate it tbh.
Npc buffer ? bad idea.
Mana pots ? bad idea.
1 month respawn on epics ? bad idea, server dies sooner than the 2nd/3rd spawn.
Free stucksub item? I like it because its a server feature that should be available for everyone as soon as they hit X lvl, but at the same time hate it bcs it decreases the PVP for the horns which used to be a good time.
20x interlude ? LuL

Clonage

• Baron
  • Rec's: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 12:03:01 AM »
Perfect.

/s
RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt

Discord: Mitchel#3748

Tessellate

• Knight
  • Rec's: -3
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 06:46:19 AM »
Rates:
EXP/SP: x10
Drop/Adena: x7
Sealstones: x5

Class Change:
1st Class = Free
2nd Class = Quest
3rd Class = Quest (x2 rates)

Subclass/Stacksub:
Subclass bosses on 6h +/-1h (quest on x2 rates)
After you finish the 2nd class quest get a 'FREE' stacksub item (so you can stacksub on lvl 40 instead of 78+)

Noblesse:
Full quest (rates x2) Barakiel on 6h Respawn

Gameplay:
Auto Skill learn until lvl 40. (after that SB & SP)
GMShop up to Full Cgrade you can buy with Adena
NPC Buffer (without resists & 3rd class) until lvl 61
Global GK (only Villages&Towns&Cities)
Chatban until 1st class (Shout/Trade/PM) (normal/party/clan/alliance chat works fine)
Fixed DEstroyer/xx
Try and fix archers (not that 'EVERYONE' plays F1 characters)
Epic Bosses: (Friday: Antharas/QA/Core, Saturday: Baium/Zaken/Orfen, Sunday: Valakas/Frintezza)
Raid Bosses: 12h +/-1h
Sieges every 2 weeks (limited castles like 4 or 5)
Olympiad every 2 weeks (start 1 month after start server)
Clan rewards at start of server
Buffs only giveable in party (unless clanbuffs)
Alt+Click to remove certain buffs
Shift + Click to link items to the chat
Active Staff (also after the 1st month of server)

Donations:
EXP/SP Runes
Accessories
Name/Title Colors
Use NPC Buffer up to lvl 75 mb (or is that to big of an advantage?)
Lifestone

Vote/PVP Rewards:
EXP/SP Runes
Mats

Enchants:
Normal 60%
Blessed 65%
Max Enchant +16
Safe enchant 3 (full armor 4)
i came up with this after i read yours. this is kinda my version of an awesome server made in 5minuts. (still probely did alot wrong and can improve way more :D)
mb you can even start C4/C5 then after 6months go Interlude and so on
Tessellate | SH/PS

NunoPitbull

• Baron
  • Rec's: -3
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 02:36:25 AM »
Rates:
Gracia Final? Ask Clonage or Picksy or any1 who actually cares with a good server for balance changes, and stop listening to randoms. Your problem is that ur always listening to randoms. QQ here and QQ there, u don't make a challeging yet acessible server other people leave.
EXP/SP: x8-15
Drop/Adena: x7 (doesn't matter, balance it out)
Sealstones: x5 (same)

Class Change:
1st Class = Free
2nd Class = Free depending on Adena rate. make it like u reach lvl 40 and you have it. Just so your obligated to spend it on quest and not on Karmian for example, so it slows down a bit the mid lvl.
3rd Class = Quest (x2 rates) - sure, why not. Or not. make it 1x, if ur in party, 2x if ur solo. Possible?

Subclass/Stacksub:
Subclass bosses on 6h +/-1h (quest on x2 rates)
After you finish the 2nd class quest get a 'FREE' stacksub item (so you can stacksub on lvl 40 instead of 78+) - Old times...kinda cute but no @ this. Make it more challeging. 6h + random times is cool.

Noblesse:
Full quest (rates x2) Barakiel on 6h Respawn

Gameplay:
Auto Skill learn until lvl 40. (after that SB & SP)
GMShop up to Full Cgrade you can buy with Adena
NPC Buffer (without resists & 3rd class) until lvl 61 - no
Global GK (only Villages&Towns&Cities)
Chatban until 1st class (Shout/Trade/PM) (normal/party/clan/alliance chat works fine) - no
Fixed DEstroyer/xx - yes. Make RBs killable by all classes so people don't have to dual/triple box.

-----> AND HERE BECOMES A REAL ADVICE AND MY PERSONAL OPINION <-----

From what i've seen from other servers (DN ones), the big clans always rise and shine due to their overwhelming activity. They start getting geared and destros bvecome their ez RB killing weapon. As you know you get gear faser in l2 thanks to RBs.
So...why you said all that obvious stuff?
Because...Lower geared clans don't have the man power or organization to actually assembly a full PvP party + a party weith destros and buffs to actually kill the RBs.
Find a way to lower or increase (find a right balance) to make RBs killable to all classes. Make them much more reistance in defense vs every weapon destro/xx uses to a point where 1 destro only makes 20%~ more dmg then 3-4 Damage dealers (nukers or fighters).
Does that sound ahrd to do? I would say it would be perfect. That way a Late night camping party on Baium or some RB Could actually focus on pvP and maybe start getting geared up and getting motivated.
TL;TR: Make RBs vs Destros weapons (all of them) super resistance in the matter that a destro dmg on full buffs will only give around 20%~ more dmg then 3 nukers together.
And make RBs easier vs Mages/Fighters(bow, daggers, etc)
That way clans with less people but with at least good gear can have a chance at gearing up on other bosses too and focus on pvp+killing the bosses instead of trying to have half-half party.
Increase Bosses HP. And make them the bigger dmg gets the drop. Drops of RBs will stay at the floor for 10m and only biggest dmg can pick. After taht anyone can pick it up.

---------------------------

Try and fix archers (not that 'EVERYONE' plays F1 characters) - depend son chronicle

Epic Bosses: (Friday: Antharas/QA/Core, Saturday: Baium/Zaken/Orfen, Sunday: Valakas/Frintezza) - no, I don't know, maybe?
Raid Bosses: 12h +/-1h - no. Normal timers.
Sieges every 2 weeks (limited castles like 4 or 5) - meh
Olympiad every 2 weeks (start 1 month after start server) - 2 months maybe?
Clan rewards at start of server
Buffs only giveable in party (unless clanbuffs) - no.
Alt+Click to remove certain buffs - Lets play that chronicle then.
Shift + Click to link items to the chat - same as above
Active Staff (also after the 1st month of server) - Most important of it all. ACTIVE, NON-CORRUPTED STAFF, NO-SIDE STAFF. CAN'T be a player. Will always end badly. ALWAYS, If u dont have time to run/manage a server dont do it!

Donations:
EXP/SP Runes
Accessories
Name/Title Colors
Use NPC Buffer up to lvl 75 mb (or is that to big of an advantage?) - no
Lifestone

Vote/PVP Rewards:
EXP/SP Runes
Mats

Enchants:
Normal 30% - changed it to 40% due to teh folloiwing
Blessed 60% - changed to 40% due to teh following
Max Enchant +16 - ok
Safe enchant +3 (full armor 4) - I would go Safe +8 or 10 so that people actually have smth to farm even more after making their first S stuff (easier to farm, funnier to pvp, since u need to get armor enchanted aswell) PvP becomes more balanced and fun, since the difference won't be as abysmal as people with +3 vs +16. And late game will be +10 or +13 vs +16.

Well that's my PoV. Challenging and acessible server for everyone.

Watch my DN Videos @ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv5j4v3iXRu4_tUU2rtBM8coghoTjQUtR

Subscribe for more and be updated: https://www.youtube.com/user/NunoPitbull?sub_confirmation=1

If you want drop me on PM some nice songs 4nextvid

Picksy

• Knight
  • Rec's: 1
  • KAPPA TwentyFourSeven KAPPA
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 03:52:53 AM »
Archers are already capable epic boss killers. The only classes that take a long time are mages and daggers. A fighter pt (archer) can kill epics normally in nearly all clients. Mages find it hard, specially on open world epics because even if they win the pvp, they cannot kill the epic in time for the enemies to regroup and come again.
Tbh, on interlude, which is the client we're talking about here, mages probably need a slight buff. S weapons hitting on A grades would be ok if there was any disadvantage on playing archers. The problem is that archers have 0 disadvantage. Their parties are like 5-6 dps's (counting the bard/archer of course). They kill bosses easily. They have an easier time enchanting their weapons compared to mages. All this combined makes it that archers will always be stronger. Equally skilled parties going against each other as archers vs mages, the archers will always win (on interlude).
On Hellbound things were different. Archers were still strong with new skills and kamaels, but mages had a pretty power boost on a stucksub server because of the mage/tank party UD, shield defenses being super strong and all. Mages would still struggle to kill epics fast but at least they could win the pvps most of the time. Thats where destro would make a mage party OP. Because they would win the pvp with the mage pt, bring in 1 or 2 destros and kill it fast enough so that the enemy couldn't come again in time.
What I mean to say with all this is that on an Interlude server, there should be some kind of tweak to make mages more appealing to play. Maybe decrease the resistance to magic from epics to make it rewarding as a mage to win an epic pvp. However that might not be the best strategy because that buff to mages would only affect the top parties and not the casual player. An idea would be making DC robe and MJ robe get as much P.def as a major arcana robe. The only problem I see with that would be giving too big of a spike to mages around the time where everyone is still on B/A weapons vs S grade p.def armor.....
Creating a balanced interlude server is no joke and tbh thats one of the few reasons why the client sucks (in my opinion of course). whether you like it or not, balancing this chronicle would demand for some major edits that would drive the server away from the official files even more. But at the end of the day, this is stucksub so, I don't think that should be a problem.

Clonage

• Baron
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 05:05:40 AM »
Who even cares about balancing Inter..   zZZzZz.
I'm sorry, i must have felt asleep there for a sec. If you want an Int... ... If you want a "C6" Server just Copy Paste Tarantula. No need more inventions.
I'm pretty sure server files are burried somewhere.

The Deflect Arrow nerf on tarantula was aids tho... If im not mistaken, to lazzy to search, it had -Cast speed -range on bow and - atk spd on dagger.

Best feature on Tarantula was being able to have 4 substack combos(Main +1 and 3xRetail subs +1 each) in 1 character,non mutants. Imo this feature is needed in any substack server since there's such a variety in combo classes to begin with. Being able to play multiple roles at different occasions with 1 character is a must for global character versatility.

@Clan Chat
Qwerty: LF supports for PvP.
asdf: Any slot for an HE/WL?
Qwerty: Nah bro, we already have 4 archers, we really needs bards tho.
asdf: Oh, it's ok, i can switch to PR/BD real quick.
asdf: Invite!
zxcV: I can help in 5 min.
Qwerty: Aren't you sps/ee tho?
zxcV: Yeah but i have 2 support retail subs.
zxcV: Need WC/OL or SWS/EE? I can switch to any of those.
Qwerty: Sure! Both are needed. Just choose one.
Qwerty: Nvm, play SWS/EE pls. Kappa123 is gonna login soon, he's wc/ol.

DONE! No need to log other peoples characters or to wait for that one person XYZ to log in.
I would have paid good money to have this feature on previous HB servers.

I get it why it wasn't a thing on HB, because of the inspector class + mutants would be crazy strong with 81+ skills but let's be honest, it could have worked somewhat properly if...

People didnt have the option to make mutants in retail subs in the first place.
The inspector class didn't exist at all(deleted).
Max lvl on retail subs was 85.
Acquired  certificates from retail subs could work on any class the character was on(main or retail subs).
Profit?

It's not perfect but it would have helped a ton.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:11:38 AM by Clonage »
RetardedCP/AbyssCP

=^Alannah^=

• Administrator
  • Rec's: 19
  • Have you seen my bear tibbers?
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »
We have nice backup of projects but most of them can only be used for infos, launching any project on them wouldn't turn out well.
So they remain for "infos" or sources. I wasn't in the staff yet about Tarantula times but I put it in year 2014?
Since then.. tons of IL update
http://www.depmax64.com/en/products/changelog/1

Anyhow i read in the lines somewhere upgradeable project (IL- x month -> GF -> x month -> GE/hi5?). Nowdays and the time when we would launch it, probably the best possible "long term" project would be, IL guys could have their fun on it also ppl who like higher chronicle will have the chance to hop into a chronicle having geared and leveled chars, not to mention you have the info .. yes there will surely be updates as higher chronicles open more possibilites to achieve or play for.

Clonage

• Baron
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 03:37:36 PM »
How realistic is this upgradable project tho. Being a substack server there needs to be tons of tweaking and testing in order to check if everything is "fine" when it comes to balancing PvP. It took at least 1 project in HB to somewhat understand how pvp worked there. And we're talking about a whole new chronicle that is a complete different beast from HB.
Don't get me wrong, I really LOVE the idea of upgrading from Interlude to further chronicles as a long term project.

But inbetween those months what is going/needs to happen is:
The server has to pay it's own rent.
The server has to pay for the next upcomming files.
Files have to be bought and adapted to substack and changed for future settings(rates, etc).
Test adapted files(Quest rewards, Substack funcionality, Epics drops, Custom NPCs, etc)
Tweaking skills
Testing skills
Tweaking again
Testing again
and again and again and again.

Anything below 4~5 months seems unrealistic to me when it comes to preparing from one chronicle to the other. Unless there's some unreal dedication going on, and since "Real Life" exists, i dont see it happening before.
Content wise in Interlude by the end of the 2nd month everyone is already full S and most likely with some OverEnchanted stuff running arround.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 03:51:21 PM by Clonage »
RetardedCP/AbyssCP

=^Alannah^=

• Administrator
  • Rec's: 19
  • Have you seen my bear tibbers?
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 07:52:47 PM »
personally I was thinking something like

Interlude running 2 month, then upgrade gf... another 2 or even 3-4 month then we can see how it goes towards hi5
What we have now: IL concept with tweaks!? i havent been on Tarantula but it had few balance issues? lets say NOT TOO much so it can be fixed within short time. We also have hi5, since we are VIP and long time partners with extender devs hi5 wont cost us much, I'm not sure about GF but possibly we can get it cheap.
Thinking about the project lifespan .. this could be a key in 2018, IL simply runs out of concept after a month, then just question of time one side leaves then slowly die. IDK tbh just an idea this whole thing but it can turn out to be a beast project and it can last more than a half year.

and for doubts , real life things: until project gets closer to have ETA for launch and stuff we can anytime dedicate time for developments, so right now I could even start adapting items, accessories w/e small stuffs to GF/Hi5, we can have public test servers long time before launch

I will catch Trackzero and discuss things.. how he thinks about it

(Test server licence cost: 20'ish $ -> able to login up to 20-30ppl)

Peorexo

• Count
  • Rec's: -233
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 10:20:00 PM »

Interlude running 2 month, then upgrade gf... another 2 or even 3-4 month then we can see how it goes towards hi5
What we have now: IL concept with tweaks!? i havent been on Tarantula but it had few balance issues? lets say NOT TOO much so it can be fixed within short time. We also have hi5, since we are VIP and long time partners with extender devs hi5 wont cost us much, I'm not sure about GF but possibly we can get it cheap.
Thinking about the project lifespan .. this could be a key in 2018, IL simply runs out of concept after a month, then just question of time one side leaves then slowly die. IDK tbh just an idea this whole thing but it can turn out to be a beast project and it can last more than a half year.

and for doubts , real life things: until project gets closer to have ETA for launch and stuff we can anytime dedicate time for developments, so right now I could even start adapting items, accessories w/e small stuffs to GF/Hi5, we can have public test servers long time before launch

Progressive server is the only way to keep people active for more than 1-3 months and next server, keeping it low rates and competetive is the other thing
EternalMind Ne/BP Hero...   /
TheDeath SPS/ES Hero      /  sold
Revell PW/TK Hero           /
Evellynn AW/SK              /
dmv TH/WL Hero           /  sold

Clonage

• Baron
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 02:08:59 AM »

Sounds good :D
RetardedCP/AbyssCP