Author Topic: Why x7? Dates?  (Read 983 times)

Zidkon

• Baron
  • Rec's: -51
Why x7? Dates?
« on: July 11, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »
Hi guys,

I've been following the progress of the project for a while now, being very interested in it, mainly because of its progressive chronicles idea to maintain activity.

But why x7?

It means server will be LOW rate, and a bunch of people won't join just because is veeery long until you reach the fun, there is no actual fun on leveling your character or being low level for THAT long. My point is that at this time Lineage is not know for being the most fun game on lower levels, so people just want to get to 76 as soon as posible to have a chance on pvps.

Not to mention that 10-25 years old generations doesn't play Lineage, it's an old game, and people older than that have family, work, business to take care, etc.. it means not enough time to play a low rate server, if you don't compensate the offline time I estimate low pouplation, remember Lineage is a farming game, more farm = more items = more chances on PvP, no good items = no chance, of course hability plays a role but S grade VS B grade is not good (except for daggers)

Aditional question, are dates for open beta defined yet?

Drizzt Do Urden

• Vagabond
  • Rec's: -1
Re: Why x7? Dates?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 09:21:15 PM »
Nova should have substack at lvl 40 for
Main class so 7x +rune + votation coin let I have on interlude something close to 10x, even more later on gf , with this on mind u can have a fair game even at this rate without the loss of the old pvp subbed vs not
Always learn. Always.

<< I am forever grateful to Zaknafein for teaching me to ask two simple questions of myself before I act on any impulse:
What am I trying to prove, and to whom? >>

Vexim

• Knight
  • Rec's: -2
  • Malkavian Primogen
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:57:16 PM »
Id rather have progressive rates but x7 is not that low as it seems. With exp runes it becomes x10+ and substack will be available at lvl 40 for main so exping will be way more fun. You can have buffbots like bd/se and ee/sws right from the start and that speeds up lvling by alot for both solo and party players. Remember that this is Boringlude, once u hit 78/79, a grade set + s weapon you need nothing more and you can freely engage in high  lvl pvps.
"When a Malkavian speaks, listen. When a Malkavian acts, leave. When two Malkavians gather, run."

Zidkon

• Baron
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 06:34:11 AM »
x10 is still low rates, x20 starts to be mid rates. It will take days to level up to 76 on 10x. Have in mind there is no fun on low levels so the one who plays more hours per day wins.

Clonage

• Baron
  • Rec's: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »
x10 is still low rates, x20 starts to be mid rates. It will take days to level up to 76 on 10x. Have in mind there is no fun on low levels so the one who plays more hours per day wins.

Welcome to oldschool asian mmorpg. There's tons of ppl playing classic. Enjoy the progress up to the top. Even if it takes you a bit longer, it's ok. It will be worth it. Try to meet ppl that can group up with you at the same time when your free. It should be more efficient :) .
RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt

Vexim

• Knight
  • Rec's: -2
  • Malkavian Primogen
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 11:23:42 AM »
Lel isnt it like that everywhere? Even on last kind of highrate HB server, where everyone had free a grades and npc buffer, there were underlvled ppl. It all comes down to efficiency, even on x7 u dont need full cp to exp fast, small group od 3 ppl can lvlup fast with stacks from 40.
Definition of low/mid/high rates is flexible and different for everyone. Last HB server was high rate for me, its not only about rates but also about other sever's settings.

"When a Malkavian speaks, listen. When a Malkavian acts, leave. When two Malkavians gather, run."

somasz

• Viscount
  • Rec's: -50
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 03:52:28 PM »
It doesnt matter if server is x7, x2 or x 200. There allways will be ppl with better gear if you play caasually. Character creation at interlude servers is linear as hell. Im pretty sure you know where is best place to farm every a grade set, S grade weapon rec/kmats and every single crafting material.
With lets say x25 server, everybody will have endgame gear. Will everybody go pvp 24/7? No, a lot of them will just log out.
We had high rate server lately. Was easy and fun, indeed. For few days.
Point of going low (but its mid tbh) is to force players to fight each other for best farming spot. Its MMO - PVE takes a lot of time, but later, PVP tastes much better.

SizeMatters

• Knight
  • Rec's: -12
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 06:23:33 PM »
Hi guys,

I've been following the progress of the project for a while now, being very interested in it, mainly because of its progressive chronicles idea to maintain activity.

But why x7?

It means server will be LOW rate, and a bunch of people won't join just because is veeery long until you reach the fun, there is no actual fun on leveling your character or being low level for THAT long. My point is that at this time Lineage is not know for being the most fun game on lower levels, so people just want to get to 76 as soon as posible to have a chance on pvps.

Not to mention that 10-25 years old generations doesn't play Lineage, it's an old game, and people older than that have family, work, business to take care, etc.. it means not enough time to play a low rate server, if you don't compensate the offline time I estimate low pouplation, remember Lineage is a farming game, more farm = more items = more chances on PvP, no good items = no chance, of course hability plays a role but S grade VS B grade is not good (except for daggers)

x7 is mid not low rate, especially with those runes

stanko

• Count
  • Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 04:43:22 PM »
Hi guys,

But why x7?

So if you don't like it don't try to generalize that other people don't like slower progression and lower rate servers. And dunno why people still keep this mentality that l2 is boring until you have everything on your char maxed... As it was pointed out already in the topic, try finding some people to play with instead of going solo, you will find fun even during the journey and not only at the end.

PunkeD

• Baron
  • Rec's: 9
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 09:21:32 PM »

Morel

• Knight
  • Rec's: -8
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 11:33:16 AM »
We had high rate ayrin, now its time for "low" rate. Good job Alannah.

We gonna have stacksub at lvl 40, so after 2h~ in first day you can start pvp. I dont understand why ppl need end game items to pvp.
When your enemy have karmian set, you dont need avadon to win with them :o
Start pvping and stop whining that you want valakas and passive wm to start pvp -.-
Morela - True hero of common people

LancelotPL

• Heir
  • Rec's: -4
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 02:19:07 PM »
LVL 40 sub also let u farm faster :)