Web Analytics
Damage Reduction - Page 7

News:

Main Menu

Damage Reduction

Started by =drake=, April 17, 2008, 11:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuko

Dmg should be -50% if mp pots are power x2.That will be same like before with dmg/mp used but pvp time will be longer.
33% x2 mp is little bit better for mages(pls don't that to me :) )
if dmg is -33% do MP +33%

tckr

I dont understand wtf u sayin O_o

~Serbian Madafaka~
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=wV5c7nb65L0

Jeri

From where I got that idea of physical skills are not affected? Maybe becouse every mage goes down by one dagger blow?

And yeah, its perfect now. One TH goes against 6 mages (dances, emp, pp buff) and the result was -> TH like 2k HP and mages -> dead.

And when you think that TH hits for 10k+ would be "normal" without the pvp reduction, then you shouldnt run any server, becouse you are crazy.

From my experience from other servers, damage of TH was like it is here, same goes for archer critics and critics by skills, everything else here is f@cked up.
RETIRED©

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that half of them are even stupider than that.

ShadowBane

Quote from: Jeri on April 18, 2008, 03:18:59 PM
From where I got that idea of physical skills are not affected? Maybe becouse every mage goes down by one dagger blow?

And yeah, its perfect now. One TH goes against 6 mages (dances, emp, pp buff) and the result was -> TH like 2k HP and mages -> dead.

And when you think that TH hits for 10k+ would be "normal" without the pvp reduction, then you shouldnt run any server, becouse you are crazy.

From my experience from other servers, damage of TH was like it is here, same goes for archer critics and critics by skills, everything else here is f@cked up.

To make things clear ... you're trying to tell me that 6 mages (almost fullbuffed!) couldn't even slow/root/sleep one TH? yeah sure why not...

Avo

Quote from: drake on April 18, 2008, 07:07:47 AM
???
wrong, currently is both 33%... then just imagine then how much damage a dagger would deal if was 0% reduction x'D
NERF THEM!!!!

joking.... :P
HE/WL nobl 
                             << FoR SeLL
GLAD/PAL

GLAD/PP nobl   mY buFF MaSta

DESTRO/PAL active atm

=drake=

Quote from: Jeri on April 18, 2008, 03:18:59 PM

Never said that is "normal" and, if you watched some of my posts, i already wrote that i'm reviewing the dagger power 'cause of this.
Is not easy to balance all, mostly because of the subclasses, give us time to test it (oh, and suggestions from fair players using such classes are always welcome)

Anyway your example of 6 mages VS 1 dagger is just funny... (ShadowBane said already all i think)

Final note, i love when someone say "Here anything is Fvcked up"... i love it because maybe is just 1 or 2 skills that isn't well balanced but anyway... "aLLiSfreakeDUpHereDude!MakEiTaSoFFiCiAL!" ... i prefer instead a nice post (even not well formatted, just a readable english in enough) that explains the problem and eventually some suggestions (with motivations).
We are all here to make the servers better and the community help can greatly improve it.

Furesy

Quote from: drake on April 18, 2008, 04:17:55 PM
Never said that is "normal" and, if you watched some of my posts, i already wrote that i'm reviewing the dagger power 'cause of this.
Is not easy to balance all, mostly because of the subclasses, give us time to test it (oh, and suggestions from fair players using such classes are always welcome)

Anyway your example of 6 mages VS 1 dagger is just funny... (ShadowBane said already all i think)

Final note, i love when someone say "Here anything is Fvcked up"... i love it because maybe is just 1 or 2 skills that isn't well balanced but anyway... "aLLiSfreakeDUpHereDude!MakEiTaSoFFiCiAL!" ... i prefer instead a nice post (even not well formatted, just a readable english in enough) that explains the problem and eventually some suggestions (with motivations).
We are all here to make the servers better and the community help can greatly improve it.
First is I've only played TH a lot now, I only tested AW dmg once in coliseum, I know it hits way harder on normal blows dmg than TH, but I haven't played it that much (AW/SE)
But I'll speak about TH only now, in particulair TH/PP (my char).
I've played this on only PP buffs, and on PP buffs + Dances. I aswell have AQ + Baium.

Normal damage of the blows, isn't that huge for TH (I don't use Focus Power, since I simply think that skill blows).
The thing that makes the huge power of blows, is when I was on PP buffs only, running to a mage, doing a backstab and seeing "Over-Hit" and there, 5k damage on his ass.
Same goes for Lethal Blow (Not sure if it's also possible with Deadly blow) running to a mage, or even a Glad/DA, doing Lethal blow, seeing it say "Lethal Kill" and hitting for 4k - 6k and still only on PP buffs. Hitting the Glad/DA for 4k - 5k with PP buffs + Dances.
The thing is, the rate of this is pretty high, it happens pretty often, same goes for instant kill, the rate is much higher than it was on C4. I have had more Instant / Lethal kills / Over-Hit's in this 1 week Interlude than I had in entire C4 I think, and I have played TH/PP for ages.

Also I think Instant kill is working again on raids.

A side note, to Drake; I think the timer on drops isn't working/implemented anymore, since drops no longer dissapear.

ShadowBane

Quote from: Furesy on April 18, 2008, 04:25:16 PM
Normal damage of the blows, isn't that huge for TH (I don't use Focus Power, since I simply think that skill blows).
The thing that makes the huge power of blows, is when I was on PP buffs only, running to a mage, doing a backstab and seeing "Over-Hit" and there, 5k damage on his ass.
Same goes for Lethal Blow (Not sure if it's also possible with Deadly blow) running to a mage, or even a Glad/DA, doing Lethal blow, seeing it say "Lethal Kill" and hitting for 4k - 6k and still only on PP buffs. Hitting the Glad/DA for 4k - 5k with PP buffs + Dances.
The thing is, the rate of this is pretty high, it happens pretty often, same goes for instant kill, the rate is much higher than it was on C4. I have had more Instant / Lethal kills / Over-Hit's in this 1 week Interlude than I had in entire C4 I think, and I have played TH/PP for ages.

Agree. Over-hits from blows are way to frequent, same goes for instant kills. Lower the chance for those effects and fights should be more balanced.
As for AW... the huge difference makes here 'focus death'. AW hits hard, thats true but only directly in the back, dmg from sides/front is not so big (not to mention hp/a.speed/vulnerability for any kind of debuffs). With shock resists (buffs/fortitude) I have to really jump around to hit in the back.

ps. Start wearing MJ (stun resist ftw!) :)

williams

Quote from: ShadowBane on April 18, 2008, 05:14:48 PM
Agree. Over-hits from blows are way to frequent, same goes for instant kills. Lower the chance for those effects and fights should be more balanced.
As for AW... the huge difference makes here 'focus death'. AW hits hard, thats true but only directly in the back, dmg from sides/front is not so big (not to mention hp/a.speed). With shock resists (buffs/fortitude) I have to really jump around to hit in the back.

ps. Start wearing MJ (stun resist ftw!) :)

Blinding blow automatically turns target around no matter what

BlackHand

ShadowBane

Quote from: williams on April 18, 2008, 05:25:22 PM
Blinding blow automatically turns target around no matter what

If it lands which is not so common, it has also pretty long reuse time.

sorifiel

lol... Everyone must own :)

in this topic i found three funny things

1) Hi, I'm  archer/xx, please nerf nukers/xx because I can't own...
2) Hi, I'm  nuker/xx, please nerf archers/xx because I can't own...
3) Hi, I'm  xx/xx, please nerf bishops/xx because I'm too big f...ing p..ssy and I can't own

Please no more cry ppl... Just get buffs... 

Still voting => -33%... GJ drake...

reznYk

Quote from: kuko on April 18, 2008, 08:24:52 AM
Dmg should be -50% if mp pots are power x2.That will be same like before with dmg/mp used but pvp time will be longer.
33% x2 mp is little bit better for mages(pls don't that to me :) )
if dmg is -33% do MP +33%

Strange is when mana pot is now busted , why I use much more manapots then b4 ...

NCwest Chronos server
few 99 toons and even more 95+ boxes