Web Analytics
Question about car chip tuning...

News:

Main Menu

Question about car chip tuning...

Started by TomekAlmighty, January 24, 2009, 11:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomekAlmighty

I have a FIAT grande punto 1.3 multijet with 90 HP and im thinking about buying a chip witch will give me extra arround 28 HP, so i will have arround 118 HP. So my question is, how dangeorus could this be for my car engine, has anyone of you any experiance with these kind of things?
(the chip will cost me 200 â,¬ and its easy to connect to the car... takes about 3 minutes and i can do it by myself and when ever i want i can remove it)

And the second question is:
My punto weights 1145 kg and with the chip im gonna have almost 120 HP, while FIAT bravo (the new one) 1.9 multijet has 150 HP and weights 1360 kg. I know its gonna be slower and have worse acceleration than the bravo, but i would like to know how much HP would my car theoretically need to actually have the same acceleration as the 150 HP Bravo witch has arround 200 kg more weight...

Thnx for the answers  ;D

Here is the link to the site where they have these chips with more info about what extra performance does the chip give: (its a german site btw)
http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning/Fiat-Grande-Punto-1-3-JTD-16V-Multijet-656-r.html
[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
KingBishop, TomekCritz, TomekAlmighty, YoMama
Quote from: Blondy on November 18, 2007, 07:15:25 PM
you will never be better as you are now ... , you reached the "best point"

Oblique

Don't bother, diesel engines from italians are already set up close to high limits. A professional chip tunning need also a new software for engine management. On the other hand you will increase forces applied to engine, turbine, shaft and other key components of the car. The engine you mentioned and the car are different. For your car isn't worth it to install a chip tune. In line acceleration doesn't depend only on engine HP, but how the power is transmitted to the wheels: pistons, shaft, gear shift ratio and speed and so. In my opinion forget about it.
A strong principle: "As long I can't kill all my enemies, I use to run away"
When I was young I believed that money and power will make me happy. I was right (Bill Gates)

Furesy

TomekAlmighty

Quote from: mark_elesse on January 24, 2009, 12:15:35 PM
well, your engine wont really love it i think... i mean the chip is too strong for an 1,3 engine. You should pick up a bit smaller.
My dude had a ~ +28% chip in his 1,4 Astra and the engine died in 2 years, though my dad still have the same in his A6 Quattro and it works fine by turned the 233 HP to ~ 270 .
I also thought about chip to my 316i too, so turn the 110HP to like ~140  ... but since my engine is just 1,6 i could kill it fast.

Well i think its also important how you care about the car, i mean if you dont push it too much when its still not warmed up and things like that especially when you tune it up...

I just made me a paypal account, waiting for them to send me some 4 digit code or w/e and than im gonna order that thing, i will let you know if my car is gonna last longer than 2 years from now :P (im far from being a slow driver btw... so i just hope i wont be needing a new car in a few months xD)

Quote from: Oblique on January 24, 2009, 11:57:20 AM
Don't bother, diesel engines from italians are already set up close to high limits. A professional chip tunning need also a new software for engine management. On the other hand you will increase forces applied to engine, turbine, shaft and other key components of the car. The engine you mentioned and the car are different. For your car isn't worth it to install a chip tune. In line acceleration doesn't depend only on engine HP, but how the power is transmitted to the wheels: pistons, shaft, gear shift ratio and speed and so. In my opinion forget about it.

Dont ruin my plans >.<
I think its still gonna go pretty awesome, since everything on the car is made that way that it can handle more presure and stuff like that than on default settings...  :)

Quote from: Furesy on January 24, 2009, 12:31:35 PM
R.I.P. TomekBlowsHimSelfUp (Again)

Hey, when did i blow myself up for the first time??  ;D

xD

Sell it and buy a VW golf if u want a small car, or if u can't afford then a used one at least. You can mod it much better. :>
Hardcore from cradle to the grave

Insolin

Quote from: TomekAlmighty on January 24, 2009, 11:32:58 AM

U dont rly need chip.Just go to some good service and change ur software.They will make it depending on ur drive style.U cant drive this car with  high velocity cuz of lightly coupe.If u ask me just change the torque and fuel inject and the car will have perfect start :P

P.S: if u have enough money better buy audi s3  :P
[URL=http://img341.imageshack.us/i/07inso.png/][/URL]

TomekAlmighty

Quote from: xD on January 24, 2009, 04:10:50 PM
Sell it and buy a VW golf if u want a small car, or if u can't afford then a used one at least. You can mod it much better. :>

Zomg, i would never drve a golf xD I dont like it cuz its ugly  :P

Quote from: Insolin on January 24, 2009, 04:21:08 PM
U dont rly need chip.Just go to some good service and change ur software.They will make it depending on ur drive style.U cant drive this car with  high velocity cuz of lightly coupe.If u ask me just change the torque and fuel inject and the car will have perfect start :P

P.S: if u have enough money better buy audi s3  :P

Yea, well that kinda costs more than 200 euros for the chip..Its kinda the same thing, if they mod the software or if i just put the chip into my car and i can always remove the chip and put it into another car if i want.  ;)

Anyways i never really thought about tuning my car until my brother hit an animal with his car and he got the new fiat bravo with 150 HP as a car until they fixed his old one, and when i tried that car i got so excited and did arround 100 km with it that day just by driving arround a bit :P and when i tried my punto again i almost cryed xD And now i cannot stop thinking about it lol, so im gonna buy this chip and just hope for the best...

TheLox

Lol... Well I don't know much about cars and thing... But... Making that kind of car going faster + I read you like to drive fast, will actually drive you to death... That small cars are like you are driving Cola can...  :-\

'Cause of that... Drive Land Rover and be cooL! xDd

TomekAlmighty

Quote from: TheLox on January 24, 2009, 06:08:22 PM
Lol... Well I don't know much about cars and thing... But... Making that kind of car going faster + I read you like to drive fast, will actually drive you to death... That small cars are like you are driving Cola can...  :-\

'Cause of that... Drive Land Rover and be cooL! xDd

Well the extra HP wont increase my cars speed much, and i dont really care much since i rarely drive 180 kmh, im usually driving arround 150 kmh on the highway since the tickets you get for speeding in my country are really insane... Im more crazy about the acceleration of the car, especially when i have a full car, cuz im usually driving a full car of my friends from my home town to the town where i study and when the car is full it doesnt really have a good acceleration.  :-X

Sarvi

Don't buy a chip imo. Unless you've got a car with a charger they really don't do that much.
You won't be gaining 28hp, that's just advertising. If you really want your car to move a bit,
I'd try changing the car. 1,3L Punto just doesn't have that much potential. You could try
Golfs or other VAGs, like the 1,8T A3, VTi Civics, maybe a T4 x40 Volvo or something.

Pre-programmed chips are really just a waste of money, unless it adds boost. Even with
programmable piggybacks or full "engine control-systems", the gains are minimal on
non-charged engines, unless you've got plenty of other performance parts on it.

Here's an example how a "performance"-chip affected a 2.0L Opel ecotec-engine. Dynamometer results:

A: Stock program with 96 octane fuel
B: "performance" chip with 100 octane fuel
C: Stock program with 100 octane fuel

A:
Max power: 139hp@5500rpm
Max torque: 195nm@3000rpm

B:
Max power: 139hp@5000rpm
Max torque: 198nm@5000rpm

C:
Max power: 141hp@5500rpm
Max torque: 199nm@3000

I've also seen some cases where the chip causes the air/fuel-ratio to go really "thin", meaning
that you'll get too much air, which can damage the engine. This is of course pretty much the
worst case scenario, but still could happen. You'll most likely also lose any manufacturer
guarantees that you might have.

The only situation where I would even consider a pre-programmed chip (And then end up buying
a real engine management system.) would be with a v-tec engine, or the Toyota equivalent.

If you decide to stick with the Punto, your best option would be to lose the rear seats,
or decrease the weight in some other way. :)
Flower power, bitches! And no, I'm not a beatnik.
[URL=http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sighippie400czr0.jpg][/URL]

TomekAlmighty

Quote from: Sarvi on January 24, 2009, 07:14:21 PM
Don't buy a chip imo. Unless you've got a car with a charger they really don't do that much.
You won't be gaining 28hp, that's just advertising. If you really want your car to move a bit,
I'd try changing the car. 1,3L Punto just doesn't have that much potential. You could try
Golfs or other VAGs, like the 1,8T A3, VTi Civics, maybe a T4 x40 Volvo or something.

Pre-programmed chips are really just a waste of money, unless it adds boost. Even with
programmable piggybacks or full "engine control-systems", the gains are minimal on
non-charged engines, unless you've got plenty of other performance parts on it.

Here's an example how a "performance"-chip affected a 2.0L Opel ecotec-engine. Dynamometer results:

A: Stock program with 96 octane fuel
B: "performance" chip with 100 octane fuel
C: Stock program with 100 octane fuel

A:
Max power: 139hp@5500rpm
Max torque: 195nm@3000rpm

B:
Max power: 139hp@5000rpm
Max torque: 198nm@5000rpm

C:
Max power: 141hp@5500rpm
Max torque: 199nm@3000

I've also seen some cases where the chip causes the air/fuel-ratio to go really "thin", meaning
that you'll get too much air, which can damage the engine. This is of course pretty much the
worst case scenario, but still could happen. You'll most likely also lose any manufacturer
guarantees that you might have.

The only situation where I would even consider a pre-programmed chip (And then end up buying
a real engine management system.) would be with a v-tec engine, or the Toyota equivalent.

If you decide to stick with the Punto, your best option would be to lose the rear seats,
or decrease the weight in some other way. :)

Well that sounds really bad, but anyways the chips they are doing there won the best quality prise of 2008 in germany and i dont think somebody can get away by just writing smack on the net while such chips would actually give no extra performance to the car...

And the chips are actually different for every car you choose on the site, so they dont give you an "universal" chip for all kinds of cars.

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: TomekAlmighty on January 24, 2009, 11:32:58 AM
I have a FIAT grande punto 1.3 multijet with 90 HP and im thinking about buying a chip witch will give me extra arround 28 HP, so i will have arround 118 HP. So my question is, how dangeorus could this be for my car engine, has anyone of you any experiance with these kind of things?
(the chip will cost me 200 â,¬ and its easy to connect to the car... takes about 3 minutes and i can do it by myself and when ever i want i can remove it)

And the second question is:
My punto weights 1145 kg and with the chip im gonna have almost 120 HP, while FIAT bravo (the new one) 1.9 multijet has 150 HP and weights 1360 kg. I know its gonna be slower and have worse acceleration than the bravo, but i would like to know how much HP would my car theoretically need to actually have the same acceleration as the 150 HP Bravo witch has arround 200 kg more weight...

Thnx for the answers  ;D

Here is the link to the site where they have these chips with more info about what extra performance does the chip give: (its a german site btw)
http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning/Fiat-Grande-Punto-1-3-JTD-16V-Multijet-656-r.html

Do it, simple chippin ur car on that low engine doesn't pay off.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]