Web Analytics
Why tanks got Nerfed hate/etc aura ? Reuse time. - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

Why tanks got Nerfed hate/etc aura ? Reuse time.

Started by One Live, June 26, 2009, 11:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zuluman

Quote from: kasha on June 30, 2009, 10:30:36 AM
so hard to check game updates?
http://www.lineage2.com/news/kamael_19.html#existing
http://www.lineage2.com/news/hellbound_12.html

agro have a chance to lock target its not 100%, mb not even 5 :D
mb agro effect was o/p in il? on every siege i was aggro by some1 +add this 'auto target' that works only when its not needed, i cant heal my pt in that way. and agro land was 100/100?

vengance is the best agro now ::)

You clearly have never played a tank and do not know what you are on about lol. The chance on every type of aggression has been reduced hugely, and the reuse increased by an insane amount. ONLY tribunal can lock targets in when it lands, mass hate is worthless beacuse the reuse is so huge and you are lucky to aggro one person, Agression has a decent reuse but the landrate sux hard no so its just a pointless mana burner, and the aggro from vengence is LOL, the best aggro my ass, veng is useful as a UD only.

Its kinda  funny that a tank with aggro skills used to aggro you in siege don't you think?? XD You can cry all this shit "it was impossible to heal", but the range on aggression and hate aura is minimal so in order to aggro you I woulda haad to be standing next to you.... perhaps you can see a potential problem there during a siege? Also it was never 100% but you used to be able to spam it for ~10-15 secs whilst until your MP was burn't.
^Russ^ aKa DeadLast... any server anytime

One Live

Hate aura was great on Rune Bridge :D could get whole temp ally on my  ass and since i can have now 12 k p def and 8k m def ~~ on my SK/AW I can hold temp for nice 1/2 min in same spot giving my ally chance to kill their bishops ^^ bla bla bla fix plz :)
Back to DneT ;]
- Owned ? ^^

Dragon:
Sunchi - DED
Ascarina - DED
Teleusz - DED
Sinia - DED

Nightmare:
WhiteChocolate - ON
Engel - ON

kasha

Quote from: Zuluman on June 30, 2009, 12:56:21 PM
You clearly have never played a tank and do not know what you are on about lol. The chance on every type of aggression has been reduced hugely, and the reuse increased by an insane amount. ONLY tribunal can lock targets in when it lands, mass hate is worthless beacuse the reuse is so huge and you are lucky to aggro one person, Agression has a decent reuse but the landrate sux hard no so its just a pointless mana burner, and the aggro from vengence is LOL, the best aggro my ass, veng is useful as a UD only.

Its kinda  funny that a tank with aggro skills used to aggro you in siege don't you think?? XD You can cry all this shit "it was impossible to heal", but the range on aggression and hate aura is minimal so in order to aggro you I woulda haad to be standing next to you.... perhaps you can see a potential problem there during a siege? Also it was never 100% but you used to be able to spam it for ~10-15 secs whilst until your MP was burn't.
yes and this spam sux, coz u cant target yourself to heal or even run. im playin on bp/da now and imho now it is like it should be, so stop cry ^^ its not a nerf, just its a "retail like", we have o/p aggro in il on dn.

about vengence ive tested hate aura and vengance and vengence work fine if u use it only as ud its your problem ::)
The sky is the limit.

Zuluman

Quote from: kasha on June 30, 2009, 02:50:11 PM
yes and this spam sux, coz u cant target yourself to heal or even run. im playin on bp/da now and imho now it is like it should be, so stop cry ^^ its not a nerf, just its a "retail like", we have o/p aggro in il on dn.

about vengence ive tested hate aura and vengance and vengence work fine if u use it only as ud its your problem ::)

Well ofc you think it is like it should be because why would a BP want to aggro more people lol, I don't think you understand the concept of an aggression skill, the whole point of it should be that you cannot run, target anyone else for a short period of time. If I run in to two parties of temps and spam hate I could only last 30 secs max (length of UD/Veng) because after one UD my mana would be gone, after that I have to try and escape before I die.

Hate aura does not work fine, the reuse is ridiculous and the land rate is even worse, if you want me to prove it pm me IG, land rate of vengance is just as bad.

As for "ita a retail like", tell me why would we have it like this when nothing else on this server is retail like.

Diabolical

Quote from: kasha on June 30, 2009, 02:50:11 PM

dude u seem to know shit about tanks and aggro and how it works ... if u use a skill and someone aggro u during the skill .. u go and run towards him right after u finish casting ur skill ( heal in ur case ) so it doesnt interrupt ur healing .. it just means u r one big crappy bp

from l2 links u sent :

" The power of Aggression and Aura of Hate skills have been significantly increased, as well as their reuse time. It has also been changed so that it is not affected by attack speed "

its power increased .. that means it should lands better now .. and the problem now its not based on attack speed anymore .. so u cant spam it anymore .. im fine with that coz i know the proper buffs for it .. but the landing rate of it is pure crap

[URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/i/r123.gif/][/URL]

kasha

Quote from: Diabolical on June 30, 2009, 03:00:49 PM
dude u seem to know shit about tanks and aggro and how it works ... if u use a skill and someone aggro u during the skill .. u go and run towards him right after u finish casting ur skill ( heal in ur case ) so it doesnt interrupt ur healing .. it just means u r one big crappy bp

from l2 links u sent :

" The power of Aggression and Aura of Hate skills have been significantly increased, as well as their reuse time. It has also been changed so that it is not affected by attack speed "

its power increased .. that means it should lands better now .. and the problem now its not based on attack speed anymore .. so u cant spam it anymore .. im fine with that coz i know the proper buffs for it .. but the landing rate of it is pure crap

if im healing myself or some1 else from pt and get agro heal wont have any effect >< so whos crappy bp here? ::) but the main prob in il was that if same1 was spamming aggro on me i cant target any1 else!
about land ive said something already imho o/p in il and now its fixed.
for me its the end of discussion, coz i only came here to tell you boys why it have reuse like that now [that is the point of this topic, right?] and you should get with it, but no... better way is to call some1 crappy bp or say that he probably never played a tank, i was playing th/pal in il and i was spamming hate aura too, so from my point of view its ok now, even if ill play th/pal again. mb its annoying if i can spam aggro, but i can play with it. next time look on this second site, not only from tank site. mb its a time for change char?

if u cant aggro whole ally on you by spamming hate aura... QQ moar

btw dont call me a dude... u can call your girl a dude...
The sky is the limit.

DePayens

Bah, I agree about some points.
In Hellbound reuse for hate aura has been significatly increased and I can accept it among official news.
But I never, never, never, never, never witnessed a single landing of the "locking effect", never...and, like friends and enemies know, I spend most of time spammin aura and aggression.

Sincerly, I didn't notice a reduced landing of those skills but "for certain" I didn't see any kind of increment.

I can accept also that maybe in IL that aura reuse was unba, especially durin sieges and mass pvp, but my question is...
Wtf should I do with that skill now?
Aura is definitely, completely "USELESS" now.

Any kind of help would be appreciated ofc:P
RUNE's ACADEMIES :: VALAR
CloudOfNibelheim

For what I became king of all the lost?
Barren and lifeless the land lies

Zuluman

Common track, please answer why these skills are no longer worth using.

Diabolical

Quote from: kasha on June 30, 2009, 03:21:23 PM
if im healing myself or some1 else from pt and get agro heal wont have any effect >< so whos crappy bp here? ::) but the main prob in il was that if same1 was spamming aggro on me i cant target any1 else!
for me its the end of discussion, coz i only came here to tell you boys why it have reuse like that now [that is the point of this topic, right?] and you should get with it, but no... better way is to call some1 crappy bp or say that he probably never played a tank, i was playing th/pal in il and i was spamming hate aura too, so from my point of view its ok now, even if ill play th/pal again. mb its annoying if i can spam aggro, but i can play with it. next time look on this second site, not only from tank site. mb its a time for change char?

it seems u r not a dude .. u r a dumb retard for not reading my post .. IF U CAST HEAL AND SOMEONE AGGRO U .. UR CAST WOTN GET INTERRUPT >> TAAAAAAAAAAAARDDDDDDDDD

LEarn to play ur char more.

and i can call my gf a dude .. she got more balls than u
[URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/i/r123.gif/][/URL]

Zuluman

Quote from: Zuluman on June 27, 2009, 12:23:39 AM
+1

The nerf on hate aura was utterly pointless lol, there are very few people that actually have the restraint and discipline to actually tank in PvP so you are only nerfing a minority of people. Also its not like hate aura was OP due to stacking subs or something it did exactly what the skill was made for.

Zuluman

+1

The nerf on hate aura was utterly pointless lol, there are very few people that actually have the restraint and discipline to actually tank in PvP so you are only nerfing a minority of people. Also its not like hate aura was OP due to stacking subs or something it did exactly what the skill was made for.

kidicarus

Quote from: kasha on June 30, 2009, 03:21:23 PM

I have played pal/wl and sk/bish for the past years so i know what it's all about here (Diabolical is also a tank freak and he knows his stuff). A char like pal/wl that is a meatshield, that is one of the few pure tanks around has 1 mission in a mass PvP and that is keeping as many ppl as possible occupied hitting him instead of your teammates. I haven't been aggroed more then once for the past month in a siege.... ppl just don't bother any more and personally i think its a shame.

Hate Aura is kinda lame now..... But if your in a mage pt you will actually get pretty decent buffs for the reuse. But the locking effect is not existing right now. You have it from judgement and tribunal.
But imo a locking effect like the one on tribunal and judgement would be kinda imba... Imagine how screwed a mage pt is when every mage is locked in on melee attacking a tank. Especially at siegetimes where its kinda laggy.

Conclusion - Reuse time can be reduced to decent time with the right buffs.... but you will probably not ever get them in like an archer pt so having the perk of a little more power would be nice (like NCsoft intended)

And the whole heal thing? Are you serious? Balance life and mass heals doesn't need any target, and the few times in a mass where you actually have to targetheal you can use grt battleheal that has 0 delay.

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]