Web Analytics
Setting up Lineage 2

News:

Main Menu

Setting up Lineage 2

Started by saige3875, June 29, 2009, 09:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saige3875

I just started playing again, and the patch will not download, right when it gets to the end it says that there is an error in completing the process. Does anyone know what to do?

PoToSi

Quote from: saige3875 on June 29, 2009, 09:06:42 AM
I just started playing again, and the patch will not download, right when it gets to the end it says that there is an error in completing the process. Does anyone know what to do?

My NOD32 antivirus detected the patch as a Virus the first time.

If you're using any kind of antivirus, plug it off and try again.

Atenea - Mystic Muse / Eva's Saint - 8x - Necromancer 7x - DemiGods captain. Inactive.

..but I can't spell it out for you.. no.. it's never gonna be that simple...

LinK187

Quote from: saige3875 on June 29, 2009, 09:06:42 AM

It's because it uses themedia encryption. You'll have to add your l2 folder to the exceptions list and turn off your security during file download.

saige3875

I have Nod32 but its not turned on.

LinK187

Quote from: saige3875 on June 29, 2009, 08:55:13 PM
I have Nod32 but its not turned on.

I also have it (ESET Smart Security) and I had to do what I mentioned above. You likely have yours set to not alert you when viruses/malware are detected and it's not alerting you. But if it's turned off, I don't see why. Unless you have other security applications running.

If you have windows vista. click start --> run and type "services.msc" . Find "Windows Defender" . Right click --> properties. Hit "stop" and then set startup type to "disabled". That may or may not help.

saige3875

Nod isn't in my startup list, and it is set to alert me so it has nothing to do with nod......

LinK187

You're startup list is different than your services.

Diabolical

Quote from: LinK187 on June 30, 2009, 03:39:26 AM
I also have it (ESET Smart Security) and I had to do what I mentioned above. You likely have yours set to not alert you when viruses/malware are detected and it's not alerting you. But if it's turned off, I don't see why. Unless you have other security applications running.

If you have windows vista. click start --> run and type "services.msc" . Find "Windows Defender" . Right click --> properties. Hit "stop" and then set startup type to "disabled". That may or may not help.

its wierd i have ESET Smart Security and i have windows defender and i didnt need to turn anything off .. and my game is fine
[URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/i/r123.gif/][/URL]

saige3875

Nod is never turned on when my computer is on. Its not open or running unless is open it, so Nod still has nothing to do with it.

LinK187

Quote from: Diabolical on July 01, 2009, 12:45:34 AM
its wierd i have ESET Smart Security and i have windows defender and i didnt need to turn anything off .. and my game is fine

You should disable the windows defender service anyway. eset isn't gona miss any malware that defender can catch. defender is just wasting your resources.

Diabolical

Quote from: LinK187 on July 01, 2009, 06:37:28 AM
You should disable the windows defender service anyway. eset isn't gona miss any malware that defender can catch. defender is just wasting your resources.

actually ESET missing malewares.   try combofix .. small maleware remover .. too bad it doesnt work with windows 7 .. but its fine with xp and vista
[URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/i/r123.gif/][/URL]