News:

Main Menu

ATI 4870 Heat problem

Started by Diabolical, July 25, 2009, 08:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinK187

Quote from: wildpussy on July 27, 2009, 04:27:04 PM
extreme limit? :P
when card will start to burn, fan will start to spin, i cant see any logic why temperature will help? if card specifications is 80 C as normal, why 60 or lower should help? maybe card starts to set auto lower clock speed on too big temperature, but this is an over-heating problem/protection which will probably be shown with a message or errors, and i don't see how some tweaks in CCC or any program can help against that. on all auto it will make 100% fan speed before that will happen

Well clearly you have no grasp of microcircuitry and basic physics. If you can't be assed to know what you're talking about, i can't be assed to explain it.

Quido

Quote from: Diabolical on July 25, 2009, 08:13:01 PM
Hey i need some help .. i've been through so many hardware sites to help me about this and i didnt rly get a satisfying answer anyway the problem is :

my video card temp. is around 69 - 72 C ( idle ) and of course while gaming is more around 75 - 80 C which is a disaster for my card ( even though i have air conditioner in my room )

anyway .. i tried all the possible solutions  .. Made a new profile in CCC and manually edit the fan speed to 38% .. the fan sound got a little bit higher but anyway the temp didnt get improved a lot .. it just reached like 62 .. set it at 50 % speed and it was like 58 C .. anyway doing the manual fan is kinda stupid .. coz it wont go less for less performance or higher for high performance .. is there anyway to make the fan works related to heat ?? ..

or what can i do to make the heat down to 40-50 without hearing big noise coming from my case

Let me know ur advices . Thanks
I have the same card. Its normal
Quote from: Furesy on September 24, 2008, 03:24:21 PM
One more thing, good to see you finally posting with your own name again