Web Analytics
evasion or p.deff

News:

Main Menu

evasion or p.deff

Started by darkpuffa, September 20, 2009, 05:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkpuffa

what is good set for archer/tank   dynasty heavy (good pdeff) or dynasty light (evasion)

Ashlynn

With archer/tank you will go into shield + sword setup from time to time and you may know, that shield is decreasing your evasion...
Although I don't know which kind of tank you will be (Pal, DA, SK, TK), you will use some skills which will sacrifice your evasion in order to increase p.def. So as a archer/tank, I would go into heavy set, because you don't have much chances how to get full evasion setup :)

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

kidicarus

Quote from: darkpuffa on September 20, 2009, 05:11:26 AM
what is good set for archer/tank   dynasty heavy (good pdeff) or dynasty light (evasion)

Go with heavy set. Deflect will still work great in a light set, but you will loose 1/2 your UD and veng if you use a light set.... Personally i don't think its worth it.
And if we are talking about pal/archer you will use majesty anyway so I don't see any point in using light set then.

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

thehunted

Quote from: kidicarus on September 20, 2009, 10:10:44 AM
Go with heavy set. Deflect will still work great in a light set, but you will loose 1/2 your UD and veng if you use a light set.... Personally i don't think its worth it.
And if we are talking about pal/archer you will use majesty anyway so I don't see any point in using light set then.

Barely any dagger/tank uses UD/Vengeance these days. Anyway, personally i prefer light set on this combo. You are faster, deal more damage and with these resists buffs you don't need that much p.def these days. So, unless you fight a tyrant, gladiator or another dagger user don't use majesty. Besides shield stun, bash and slam work with off hand parry as well. Furthermore, if you use Hell Knife off hand perry you can use Aegis Stance without any loss of power (it got 0 p.def anyway, but a very high excelent block rate).
Flatline Delivery:

Critias
DirtyDutch
Caedis

jungleMassive

Read whst he has written before posting Critias, he asked about a set for archer/tank and not dagger/tank. So for that combo use heavy set for sure.

Ashlynn

Quote from: thehunted on September 20, 2009, 10:59:37 AM
Barely any dagger/tank uses UD/Vengeance these days. Anyway, personally i prefer light set on this combo. You are faster, deal more damage and with these resists buffs you don't need that much p.def these days. So, unless you fight a tyrant, gladiator or another dagger user don't use majesty. Besides shield stun, bash and slam work with off hand parry as well. Furthermore, if you use Hell Knife off hand perry you can use Aegis Stance without any loss of power (it got 0 p.def anyway, but a very high excelent block rate).
yes, Shield Defense is great thing for an archer.

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

WindPhoenix

Quote from: Kamillo29 on July 19, 2009, 12:42:09 PM
teh almighty windpenixor the best pvper in DN history

kang

Quote from: Ashlynn on September 20, 2009, 11:28:13 AM
yes, Shield Defense is great thing for an archer.
its because every class is a potential dagger in critias's heart ;)

SpoilerAngel

Quote from: thehunted on September 20, 2009, 10:59:37 AM
he was talking about archer/tank not dagger/tank xP

thehunted

Oh, whups..

Heavy Set in that case. Noone kites anymore from what i've been told, so freak light :p.
Flatline Delivery:

Critias
DirtyDutch
Caedis