Lopes movies - Page 10

News:

Main Menu

Lopes movies

Started by Lopes, April 26, 2007, 09:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weapon_zero

Quote from: Dadghamor on February 09, 2011, 02:51:22 PM
So, how is yours "nerd" time spent recently?what you suggest?
uhmm ..right let s stress lopes approval to take this offtopic some more. :D
all recent releases given to us by major game developers are in terms of creativity, challenge and innovation pretty much alike "duty calls" (check out the persiflage here if you havent seen it yet (http://www.thedutycalls.com/), too bad ea releasing similar stereotype titles in every genre year for year). also upcoming mmo titles seem rather disappointing and uninspired, giving us just the same old grind in a new wrapping. so this is a hard question you ask me right now i think.. :D

personally after some months of break i m back on working on our uber "c3" entitled project. but at times i m still playing a round of lol with some newb friends.
but there are right now maybe some good alternatives worthwhile to spend nerd quality time on, mostly from the indie label corner:

• minecraft ... yeah i think it s worth a try though it s up to everyone if he/she is so much a sandbox builder...
  • mount and blade .. 200 ppl vs 200 ppl in a medival setting slaying the heck out of each other -try it despite the poor grafics
  • dwarfen fortress.. same here.. this game screams so much "make me an mmo".. it s a shame it aint, still good challenging stuff
  • bloodline champions: seems an interesting new moba title (moba= dota style, online multiplayer)
  • la-mulana: awesome platformer!
  • trilby quadrilogy: great point and click adventure series, hope you can take a bit of horror/suspense
  • sc2 .. nah not really imho it s lost it s shine way too fast, especially compared to the godlike sc1
also this may be a good time to dig out some classics! how about playing some c&c generals zero hour again, this game is genius (as many older titles ofc) and almost prophetic given the historical correlation, or stuff like company of heroes, swat4 just to name my favorites or heck, just get back to diablo2, transport tycoon, heroes of might and magic, thief series (dark project), replay some great nintendo classics on emu, or some good stuff on mame (emulation arcades).

so from the mainstream point of view this is a bad time for quality and longterm motivational gaming (which i usually assign pc gaming with ;)) but if you re looking abit asides the commonly known trails there are gems to be found. maybe someone else knows more about the indie scene and great upcoming titles.

Dadghamor

Minecraft is really addictive for the first 2 hours....Need to give a chance to some of your titles

Torek

Quote from: Dadghamor on February 12, 2011, 02:25:56 PM
Minecraft is really addictive for the first 2 hours....Need to give a chance to some of your titles

i gave up with it when i was close to complete the phanteon xDDDD

weapon_zero

another really great indie game to be highly recommended for in between is magicka -(play it in multiplayer coop)

check it out.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_XP9OBWGKo

Dadghamor

I have compatibilty problems between my video card new's driver and monitor resolution...so can't run this game ( even if my pc can handle the last CoD)