server idea

News:

Main Menu

server idea

Started by hcd, October 16, 2009, 07:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcd

Hi,

I've got an idea for a new server (of DN). The concept may sound a little strange to most of you, but let me explain it.

setup:
- 20-50x rates
- spoilrates as in C4
- no donations (and no COINS)
- max. overenchant (weapon/armor/skill) = +10
- no walker and if possible no GMs

The situation on the servers (as far as I heared) is similar. STAR-WARS, Farmers, Bots, a lot of DNET-armors (which are said to be not donated) and some GMs who don't really deserve to be called GameMaster. All in all the situation is bad. The 'old' spirit of the game is lost. The major idea of a retro-server is to offer an alternative. Those who insist in STAR-WARS can stay on their servers. Those who are bored of this and want to play as in old times can do so, too.

Why spoilrates as in C4?
With the current spoilrates, most markets depend on the walker-spoilers. If the spoilrates are better, the chance ppl use l2w might decrease. And you would see more dwarfs on the server, maybe as mainchars.

Why no donations?
1. I think the other servers - especially dragon 15x - have a great monthly yield. So one server without donations won't send drake to the street.
2. Not the donations, but the rewards created a big gap between the players. Those who don't have enough COINS for DNET will never be able to reach the same power as others. If you only have A-/S-Grade there is no difference if you fight them on level 65 or 85 - you die fast and do low damage. If there is no donation system, all players are equal.

Why no GMs?
No GMs is not what I though about, better say a few good ones.
1. The GM(s) is not allowed to play on the server.
So he cannot be clanleader or clanmember, he cannot take party. He cannot decide who sucks and who not, and so he treats every player equal.
2. The GM(s) shouldn't have the power to summon npcs/mobs/raids, items/weapons/armors.
3. There shouldn't be more than 1-2 GMs. The more parts in the chain, the higher the chance it breaks.

Normally it should work without any GMs, but L2w is the problem. Either there is no software to keep them away or it is not used here. As long as ppl can use walker, GMs are needed to locate and ban them immediately.

It is just an idea

currently playing GuildWars2 [Ring of Fire]

Dayman

TomekAlmighty

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
KingBishop, TomekCritz, TomekAlmighty, YoMama
Quote from: Blondy on November 18, 2007, 07:15:25 PM
you will never be better as you are now ... , you reached the "best point"

SyD

If u want a new server search another one, btw bb, gl in other server. ;D
[URL=http://img269.imageshack.us/i/heppforumdynajp.jpg/][/URL]
[URL=http://img5.imageshack.us/i/sevr.jpg/][/URL]

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: hcd on October 16, 2009, 07:44:46 PM
Hi,

I've got an idea for a new server (of DN). The concept may sound a little strange to most of you, but let me explain it.

setup:
- 20-50x rates
- spoilrates as in C4
- no donations (and no COINS)
- max. overenchant (weapon/armor/skill) = +10
- no walker and if possible no GMs

The situation on the servers (as far as I heared) is similar. STAR-WARS, Farmers, Bots, a lot of DNET-armors (which are said to be not donated) and some GMs who don't really deserve to be called GameMaster. All in all the situation is bad. The 'old' spirit of the game is lost. The major idea of a retro-server is to offer an alternative. Those who insist in STAR-WARS can stay on their servers. Those who are bored of this and want to play as in old times can do so, too.

Why spoilrates as in C4?
With the current spoilrates, most markets depend on the walker-spoilers. If the spoilrates are better, the chance ppl use l2w might decrease. And you would see more dwarfs on the server, maybe as mainchars.

Why no donations?
1. I think the other servers - especially dragon 15x - have a great monthly yield. So one server without donations won't send drake to the street.
2. Not the donations, but the rewards created a big gap between the players. Those who don't have enough COINS for DNET will never be able to reach the same power as others. If you only have A-/S-Grade there is no difference if you fight them on level 65 or 85 - you die fast and do low damage. If there is no donation system, all players are equal.

Why no GMs?
No GMs is not what I though about, better say a few good ones.
1. The GM(s) is not allowed to play on the server.
So he cannot be clanleader or clanmember, he cannot take party. He cannot decide who sucks and who not, and so he treats every player equal.
2. The GM(s) shouldn't have the power to summon npcs/mobs/raids, items/weapons/armors.
3. There shouldn't be more than 1-2 GMs. The more parts in the chain, the higher the chance it breaks.

Normally it should work without any GMs, but L2w is the problem. Either there is no software to keep them away or it is not used here. As long as ppl can use walker, GMs are needed to locate and ban them immediately.

It is just an idea

At start already Fail!
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]