Web Analytics
Critical Error involving Virtual Memory -- Please help

News:

Main Menu

Critical Error involving Virtual Memory -- Please help

Started by foxinsocks506, November 22, 2009, 04:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxinsocks506

Friend of mine was playing L2DN with me last night with no problems. Logged in today and after about 15 minutes, he crashed. Since then, he cannot even log in because the game keeps crashing. The critical error log is as follows:

CPU : AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2112 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video : NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT   (8250)
PosCode : LS1:-122391:76198:-3154 3/1

Insufficient Memory.
Please check the Virtual Memory Option and available hard drive space.
You can check them by going to : Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance->Settings->Advanced->Virtual memory

History: FMallocWindows::Malloc <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 00000000 -772479048 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- -1170301705*8 <- FUnrealfileSummary<< <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::Load <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject:: StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Mesh LineageMonsters4.Mostro_Gunner_m00 NULL) <- UMeshComponent::LoadMeshComponent <- UMeshContainer::UpdateFirstMeshC...

In addition, yesterday he had about 8gb of virtual memory and the game ran without error. Today, as part of an effort to fix this problem, he has over 30+ gb of virtual memory free. Yet the problem persists. Any clues? Why would he suddenly be having a virtual memory problem when it was working fine just yesterday?

Ashlynn

Try to full-check the client and if the problem persists, re-install game :) It should be working.

In case it is not, try to adjust your virtual memory.
Control Panel » System » Advanced » Performance » Settings » Advanced » Virtual memory.

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

foxinsocks506

Did full check several times, and adjusted personal memory.

It would seem the error happens when the game can't keep up with the frames per second, so it crashes. Resizing the screen seems to fix it, though. Perhaps running in full screen mode would help, too, though I've been running in window mode and haven't had this problem... yet. (*knocks on wood*)

So if anyone gets a virtual memory critical error, try resizing the screen and see if it help :) Hope it does!