Web Analytics
How to report a bot 101

News:

Main Menu

How to report a bot 101

Started by +GekKey+, June 01, 2010, 01:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+GekKey+

So, I saw so many topics here with people reporting bots and having so lames videos from integrated l2 recorder, or 1 screen with 3 people, and if they arent bots, then its ban ban 3 box!!!

1st of all... videos made from l2 integrated recorder are absolutly USELESS... dont even bother recording, and uploading this file. There is no proof of you see, when, where you have (serverwise). Send me a few screens of your and some clanmates exping, ill start my l2j test server, record a movie and post it on dnet forum, in the bad user section so you get banned. See what the point? Good.

To make a good video. you need screen recorders such as FRAPS, Hypercam 3, CaptureWIZ. With these programs you can make a good movie, you will see the names of people you want to report, the chat, when you try to offer them pizza but they dont reply (pff, like someone could not say anything to pizza!!) While you record you video, put a date stamp (simply say date and time in chat window) so GMs know when this occured.

2nd When you post screenshots, keep in mind that screens ARE NOT ENOUGHT to ban a player, there could be tons of circumstances that active players do look like bots, such as when you use right click on ur mouse to assist ffrom a party member. BUT these screenshots are important, maybe you cant get this player banned right aways but, next time the GMs are on, they can simply teleport to these chars and check them, instead of having to run across the whole map to find bots. Post many screens, 2-3 screens are not that much, arround 5 is good, and the less you edit your screens, better it is. Dont forget to put date stamps on them as well. Try use websites like imageshack.us or photobucket.com where you dont need to download the pictures. I seen people taking screens, zipping them and uploading them on filefront or etc... its not bad but its much quicker to just view the pics on web browser

Here is a example:
Keltir botting outside of dark elven start town
Screens:
http://img198.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=shot00002vm.png

Movie:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MVG75YKE

sm0g

null.void

+GekKey+

well after seeing some report topics and people being like ban ban ban alll and with used ingame recorder video, i think some need this howto...