BAN rules for l2w

News:

Main Menu

BAN rules for l2w

Started by Ashanti, June 08, 2010, 09:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashanti

Here are rules of server regarding l2w:

- Do not use L2 Walker or any other program concerning bots, scripting, hacking or cheating.
(If you are caught using l2w you will be banned on caughted character + other main chars you have - of course all permanent ban)
- Dual box is allowed, which means you will be able to have 2 chars from same IP logged at same time (read again DUAL BOX not l2w).
- L2w or any similar program = PERMA Ban

I would like to ask GM's to add full information how can be l2w user reported to u? What is enough proof ss or only fraps? What should be on ss or fraps - nicks, date ??? Please add full information about it!

Why I asked about it? Because iI see that many of topic from this section were closed without any information if the ss or fraps in it is enough proof. Whats more, many of the char from this list is not at the BAN list, which were updated only by 4 names since a long time!
Please also could u informa community, if u r banning anyone and just didn't add it to BAN list? The situatoin is quite confusing (many reports, no replay from GM, no information on BAN list)

Thanks to advance

jailaa

We don't wanna make mistakes when it comes to banning "bots" that are actual live players. So we start with the presumption of innocence. Yes, this means that some people will probably get away with it.

My approach is to add the people reported here to a list that I periodically check ingame, checking them live is the ultimate proof. Also we get the IP of that char and all chars that connect from that IP go to the watch list.

Ashee

OK so I dont really get it. If I'm caught for botting all the chars I've logged so far will be banned? So for example I ask my friend (who use L2W and I dont know it or I know but I cant do anything against it) to log my char to get Cabrio's box. He's caught for botting and my char will be banned too? : O.

I know about the dont share your account thing, but believe me i wont cry if I will be robbed I take the risk, and I dont want to sit next to computer 0-24 but I want to go on my char.

So tell me how it works.
Server: -Infinite Nightmare 20x
Char Name: -Ashey
Char Gender: -Female
Mainclass (lvl): -Cardinal/Hell Knight (85)
Retail/DNsub (lvl): -Cardinal/PhoenixKnight (80)
Clan: -Black Army

http://www.angryduck.com/pictures/2010_12/animated_katy_perry41033x.gif

jailaa

This is how I do, i'm not sure what protocol or Torn,Descent will do : If 1 or more chars are found botting and banned, all other chars that are on that IP are added to watch list, meaning they will be checked 2-3 times a day. Chars on watchlist will get instant ban at first sign of bot

example:

found bot1 and bot2 botting from 127.0.0.1 (joke)
1. bot1 and bot2 gets banned
2. find all chars from ip 127.0.0.1
3. add chars from that ip to watch list
4. when any char from that IP is found botting or even suspicious .. all chars from that IP will be banned.

So if your friend/brother/wife/sister/mother/dad/son/daughter/cat/dog or fish doesn't stop botting even after being warned .. HE/SHE WILL BAN YOU TOO !

Ashee

OK thanks for answer, sound fair. :)
Server: -Infinite Nightmare 20x
Char Name: -Ashey
Char Gender: -Female
Mainclass (lvl): -Cardinal/Hell Knight (85)
Retail/DNsub (lvl): -Cardinal/PhoenixKnight (80)
Clan: -Black Army

http://www.angryduck.com/pictures/2010_12/animated_katy_perry41033x.gif

Ashanti

Thx for the information, also for me it sounds fair and now i see that posting report in bad user section have some purpose.

Some more question:
At proof ss and fraps should be date?
And what with fraps - is it stronegr proof than ss?
SS can be changed just  to hide the name of the char which made a ss?
Also when the ban list will be updated. There was some topics in this section which GM put information that the fraps with parcticular bot is enough proof and still those names are not on the BAN list?

BTW. If you really want to change a server situation / ban botters it is simple way to do that - go evry day to the place where bot is most popular - eg. all starting village, mos, vos, ketra, varka, fog, hb and many others. It shouldn't take u long time to go and check those spots during a day - think 30 - 40 minutes for all. The rule is clear - bots are there where are money/mats/recipes/parts

jailaa

Quote from: Ashanti on June 08, 2010, 12:09:24 PM
Thx for the information, also for me it sounds fair and now i see that posting report in bad user section have some purpose.

Some more question:
At proof ss and fraps should be date?
And what with fraps - is it stronegr proof than ss?
SS can be changed just  to hide the name of the char which made a ss?
Also when the ban list will be updated. There was some topics in this section which GM put information that the fraps with parcticular bot is enough proof and still those names are not on the BAN list?

BTW. If you really want to change a server situation / ban botters it is simple way to do that - go evry day to the place where bot is most popular - eg. all starting village, mos, vos, ketra, varka, fog, hb and many others. It shouldn't take u long time to go and check those spots during a day - think 30 - 40 minutes for all. The rule is clear - bots are there where are money/mats/recipes/parts

I won't detail my full checking methods but I think players have seen me yesterday in mos, it , starting villages , fog , woa , ketra and varka

6bIK

Quote from: jailaa on June 08, 2010, 12:15:54 PM
I won't detail my full checking methods but I think players have seen me yesterday in mos, it , starting villages , fog , woa , ketra and varka
isn't pro bot's locations ;)

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 09, 2013, 10:44:54 PMi removed ur sig for obvious reasons....same goes for 6bik
im Edited :D

Tinus

better check, vos, fod (at the vampires), beast farm and lvl 60 cata's  :-*
/mybirthday 20/09/2005

The Last Doombringer member online!

Zenith Infinity Raven

Vassility SPS/ES
Valima PW/SWS

6bIK

Quote from: Tinus on June 08, 2010, 01:14:53 PM
better check, vos, fod (at the vampires), beast farm and lvl 60 cata's  :-*
are u bot there ?:P

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 09, 2013, 10:44:54 PMi removed ur sig for obvious reasons....same goes for 6bik

Tinus

yes  :P, but sssssssht, dont tell nobody ::)
/mybirthday 20/09/2005

The Last Doombringer member online!

Zenith Infinity Raven

Vassility SPS/ES
Valima PW/SWS

6bIK

Quote from: Tinus on June 08, 2010, 01:36:33 PM
yes  :P, but sssssssht, dont tell nobody ::)

u see me near u ?;p