Web Analytics
Ridiculous problems installing L2...

News:

Main Menu

Ridiculous problems installing L2...

Started by FadeAway, May 09, 2010, 08:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FadeAway

Been at it for days now and aint making any progress...

So what's up:

Each time i download a L2 the first problem i get is that data2.cab and data3.cab are damaged or corrupted.

What it says in english: CRC for the packed files in L2 CT1 .....live\data2.cab not correct. The volume is damaged.

So the ways i tried:

- Downloaded from different sites: torrent/fileplanet/4share/etc etc.

- How: Internet Explorer, BitTorrent, flashget (a download manager).

- Kinds: torrent, from 4share different parts as rars, one big rar/zip file.

- With what?: I unpacked/extracted the files with Winrar and later tried 7zip (yes latest versions and the one for my OS).

- Disabled things: Firewall, Virus scanner, DEP, UAC (basically everything i got when it comes to security that could block a file).

Conclusion: Each damn time the data2.cab and data3.cab files are fcked up for some reason...

When i've unpacked everything this are the files i have as result (checked with other peoples and they had the same):

But still i can start the installation and the next problem strikes through:

Now i get that message like 15 till 25 times (once it gets to much it'll say 'catastrophic failure', but it aint always like that).
The funny thing is, if i run 2 times the same setup i get different kind of CRC errors each time. So basically one time it says the file is good and the 2nd time wrong.

Well then i've installed it and i get the bruce almighty crit error situation... (ye i've downloaded the DN patch -> unpacked -> full check).

The first headpart about my PC is mostly correct, only the OS aint correct... i got Windows7 Ultimate wich is 64-bit... dunno if that matters allot.
Onlything what i think left to know is that i got DirectX 11 so that can't be it aswell...

I've really ran outta options here... owyeah and i used the search button but nothing could help make get further.

Any idea's / suggestions (dont tell to throw my PC outta tha window xD) / solutions are more then welcome.

Thanks,

ps Lox feel free to remove or lock the topic once it's fixed.

IdarkI

i can send the client to you trough skype... if you want just leave pm here when you are free... and i will answer you when i am free  :D
cyu
To be the best, you have to beat the best
I'm undefeated, my style is everlasting
And I'ma never back down, you freaking clown!

trooperXkoki

Quote from: IdarkI on May 09, 2010, 10:19:25 PM
i can send the client to you trough skype... if you want just leave pm here when you are free... and i will answer you when i am free  :D
cyu
keyloger !!!!!!
trooperxkoki
xSTRAFKOx(not owner but i used it)

FadeAway

well downloaded it on my laptop and installed it without getting any error.

But now i get a different kind of Crit error (wich i think is easier to solve and more people had it i suppose).

2010.5.10 16:09:42
CPU : GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3175 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video : NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ (9745)
PosCode : LS1:0:0:0 2/0

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- ULinkerLoad::Load <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

any ideas?

hrolf

I am having the same error.

----------------------------------
Critical Error
2010.5.10 20:23:51
CPU : GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1598 MHz with 1014MB RAM
Video : Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family (4543)

History: UOrcMove::CalculateCRC32 <- 1.510000::0 <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
-----------------------------------

Just to help narrow the problems for everyone:
- I downloaded the Hellbound/CT1.5 Client from FilePlanet.
- I unzipped with WinZip.
- I did not run Setup.exe
- I downloaded the Client Patch from http://www.dragon-network.net/download.php. Clicked the 'alternatively here'.
- I extracted the files into the lineage2 folder, not any system folder, or anything.
- I said "yes overwrite all."
- I still did not run Setup.exe
- I launched it using 'dragon network updater'.
- The dragon net box came up.
- I clicked for updates.
- When that finished I clicked, "Start".

-Then I received the Critical Error.

Thanks for the help. I really need it.

Also I was pissed with Winzip so I just switched to WinRAR. Suspiciously there are three "data" files that remain zipped, even after I unzipped the Hellbound/CT1.5 Client. Don't know if that means anything.

I'm going to try the setup.exe, post Client Patch. I will move to update with the dragon network first and see what happens. I'm a little slow with computer jargon and life, so if that fixes it, forgive me.

EDIT: I think I may have made a mistake by not doing Setup. Ignorant move. I am moving Client Patch into the Lineage II folder under C: /Programs/LineageII.

EDIT: I'm in.

palladine

Quote from: hrolf on May 10, 2010, 09:48:35 PM
I am having the same error.

----------------------------------
Critical Error
2010.5.10 20:23:51
CPU : GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1598 MHz with 1014MB RAM
Video : Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family (4543)

History: UOrcMove::CalculateCRC32 <- 1.510000::0 <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
-----------------------------------

Just to help narrow the problems for everyone:
- I downloaded the Hellbound/CT1.5 Client from FilePlanet.
- I unzipped with WinZip.
- I did not run Setup.exe
- I downloaded the Client Patch from http://www.dragon-network.net/download.php. Clicked the 'alternatively here'.
- I extracted the files into the lineage2 folder, not any system folder, or anything.
- I said "yes overwrite all."
- I still did not run Setup.exe
- I launched it using 'dragon network updater'.
- The dragon net box came up.
- I clicked for updates.
- When that finished I clicked, "Start".

-Then I received the Critical Error.

Thanks for the help. I really need it.

Also I was pissed with Winzip so I just switched to WinRAR. Suspiciously there are three "data" files that remain zipped, even after I unzipped the Hellbound/CT1.5 Client. Don't know if that means anything.

I'm going to try the setup.exe, post Client Patch. I will move to update with the dragon network first and see what happens. I'm a little slow with computer jargon and life, so if that fixes it, forgive me.

EDIT: I think I may have made a mistake by not doing Setup. Ignorant move. I am moving Client Patch into the Lineage II folder under C: /Programs/LineageII.

EDIT: I'm in.
check other download page of HB Client
and...  ca. 2 weeks ago there was a problem with update, using hb patch.

Srecko

download HB client... if its corrupted, just download from different site, eventually u will get it right.
DO NOT start the game because it will start auto-download, u dont want that or u will have to re-install everything.

download server files, run DN loader u downloaded. Wait for updates from the server.

If still having problems, UPDATE your drivers. I mean ALL! Graphic/new service pack/direct X/video codecs...

Should solve 99% of software problems.

zylar

check date of post plz. may 11 :P stupid adbot
I only post when im drunk!!! im not responsible for stupid/insulting posts.