News:

Main Menu

Need help [Laptop/Netbook]

Started by Furesy, July 13, 2010, 03:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildpussy

acer aspire 1410 or 1810, not sure, anyway check this one with single processor
dunno if they still sell it or some new replacement came

p.s. dunno about 12' (1366*768), but i can tell you it's really uncomfortable to work (means writing in word and searching on web what to write) on 10' (1024*600), mostly because of screen height
however perfect for watching videos etc

prayazs

for the goals u describe, I guess the only things u need to check are battery durations and weight....

I guess all laptops nowadays can be used for the targets you give :P
most feared nicks I played in the past:
-Zevzek NE/BD
-velet HE/SWS
-veliahd PR/WK
-FiReStRiKeR WC/BP
-Aladinoz BP/PAL
-Icedearth BP/TK

IvolveR

Quote from: Furesy on July 13, 2010, 03:39:49 PM
Here we go again!

Well, I need one, as topic stated.

As I'll be spending most my 3rd uni year in foreign countries I'll be needing a laptop. Yet, I know shit of it, so can't really decide that well, nor know what is good or not, I have been looking around on the net quite a bit though.

I got a few preferences, such as;
- My budget is around 400 euro (can be a little over it) as I won't need it for gaming, neither do I want to spend much money on this.
- I don't want an ubersized laptop, I'm more going towards the netbooks, though I think 10" is a little too small (for typing large reports etc. for uni) so e.g. - between 11" and 14" would be cool.
- My main preferences would be the ability to multitask a bit, like having music playing, browsing, MS Word, MSN etc. without having much delay.
- Apart from the above, I want it to be able to play HD movies (downloaded ones especially, 1080p) movies on youtube can be 720p but prefer full HD anyway.

I recently found the Asus 1201N and 1201PN, from which I preferred the 1201N since it had a dual core proc. but that one has been taking out of stock and doesn't seem to be coming back. I can still buy the 1201PN but I'm not sure. Both are 12.1" which seems to be a great size.

That's about it I think, I know most here know more about PC's than I do, so any advice?
Im also looking for a laptop and my criterias are 90% the same like urs,ive also stopped at 1201N atm but still searching :P
Got any good site for online ordering btw?
Salerano ~ PenaFuriqta ~
Team Severance

BassSultan^^

take the acer aspire 5738ZG works fine its also able to play normal games, Msn Ms,Word icq, xFire bla bla everything works without delays :)

<3 Bassy

Es/Pw is  the real power Reloaded Bass is Back
ShockEffect >>> ty/pal <3

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6719938/Mein_18 DANCEE WITH ME SOMEBODY!!! :D:D:D:D

Furesy

Quote from: IvolveR on July 14, 2010, 04:21:08 PM
Im also looking for a laptop and my criterias are 90% the same like urs,ive also stopped at 1201N atm but still searching :P
Got any good site for online ordering btw?
I'm only using 1 site, since it's company of a friend and I'm getting discount there, it's Dutch site though :P

It seems the 1201N is getting back in stock in august though, so I might be getting that one afterall! (hopefully silver one)