Web Analytics
Olympiad System

News:

Main Menu

Olympiad System

Started by +GekKey+, August 07, 2010, 03:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+GekKey+

So, little history for maybe new comers or whaterver. Because there was a large number of people in my opinion, crying, on other servers about heroes, drake decided to modify the olympiad system. In order to be a hero, you need at least 1 point, a total of 50 fights minimum, and at lears 30 wins compared to the retail olympiad where u need at least 1 point, a total of 9 fights, and a minimum of 1 victory.

Now if u take a look at our heroes, you see that many classes have no heros, and why ? because its a pain in the ass for some classes to get 30 wins, they get their points farmed by classes wich are better in oly.

So, we all know what we are, a copy/paste from other servers. But look at the situation at the moment, we dont have stack sub in oly, no skill augment is usable in oly, many classes still have no hero, and we have the same settings as a stack sub oly system

SpamUser

Quote from: GekKey on August 07, 2010, 03:39:55 PM
So, little history for maybe new comers or whaterver. Because there was a large number of people in my opinion, crying, on other servers about heroes, drake decided to modify the olympiad system. In order to be a hero, you need at least 1 point, a total of 50 fights minimum, and at lears 30 wins compared to the retail olympiad where u need at least 1 point, a total of 9 fights, and a minimum of 1 victory.

Now if u take a look at our heroes, you see that many classes have no heros, and why ? because its a pain in the ass for some classes to get 30 wins, they get their points farmed by classes wich are better in oly.

So, we all know what we are, a copy/paste from other servers. But look at the situation at the moment, we dont have stack sub in oly, no skill augment is usable in oly, many classes still have no hero, and we have the same settings as a stack sub oly system

5 victory min

obv some classes are better than others, but oly is REALLY balanced now

it works

server is few months old, what do u expect, each class with 10 ppl list??

its fine as it is

+GekKey+

Quote from: SpamUser on August 07, 2010, 03:50:30 PM
5 victory min

obv some classes are better than others, but oly is REALLY balanced now

it works

server is few months old, what do u expect, each class with 10 ppl list??

its fine as it is

Determining the Hero

Following a month-long PvP competition, the Hero is selected according to Olympiad points, and the Hero retains the title throughout the duration of the next month’s competition. The Hero is determined on the first day of every month.

The Hero will be the individual who has accumulated the most Olympiad points according to their main class, has competed more than 9 times in that period, and claimed at least 1 victory. The Hero will be placed in stand-by mode and exclusive abilities and weaponry are removed after the one month period.

For example, even if a player has accumulated the most Olympiad points in the current period, if he has competed less than 9 times or has never claimed a victory, he is ineligible to become a Hero; it is possible that periods may pass without a Hero being designated.

When two players with the same class have accumulated identical Olympiad points, the one who has competed most will be designated Hero.

When there are multiple 1st place winners from each class, the character that has won the most games becomes a Hero. When the number of games won is the same, then the character who has the highest winning percentage becomes a Hero. When Olympiad points, number of wins, and winning percentage are all the same, then there will be no Hero in each class.

Yea, server might be new, but look at the classes, theres not even 1 name on the list... you gonna tell me no one from this class is in oly ?

Ashee

My solution for olympiad is that we should have it similar like in gracia that you can use skills in oly and they reload as soon as you are in the arena, so you can perma register, and oly time should be one hour long. because of the perma skill reuse every class could register same amount of time and because of the short period all the ppl who wants to oly that day (share points or play) will reg in the same time cause they have only 1hour. I know its not retail like, but we dont have enough ppl on server or who plays oly and its always the same 5-6person plays on olympiad and the others wait for a day when there is some epic boss or something and they can share points.
Server: -Infinite Nightmare 20x
Char Name: -Ashey
Char Gender: -Female
Mainclass (lvl): -Cardinal/Hell Knight (85)
Retail/DNsub (lvl): -Cardinal/PhoenixKnight (80)
Clan: -Black Army

http://www.angryduck.com/pictures/2010_12/animated_katy_perry41033x.gif

k0dex

ashee I didnt read all your crap bcos after 1st sentence I got sick. what it help for bishops? it will help tanks and destros.
1st solution here is decrase fights and REPAIR ALL SKILLS bcos its pathetic and retarded oly on this server...

+GekKey+

Quote from: k0rina on August 07, 2010, 05:00:16 PM
it may sound  retarted   but its not about that u care  about oly and players
  u just care for ur ass like every1 here me u and every1     .   
i guess u  arent able make 30 wins and 50 fights  so thats why u  made this topic searching  for the "easy way" 
but u know that making  9 fights and be rdy  for hero it sux   , so drake decided  make it more hard   "even if he will never block "fake oly tranfered heros"    still he reduced much % of it  compared with the past  .
oly isnt  totally balanced but still it is  , so its normal a summoner pwn  for example
so i  guess olympiad system is ok  and btw ye some classes arent able make heros alone  even with  9 or 50 fights     thats why clans exist for help u make it so  my advice is to make an oly char if oly hurts u so much or just find a good /helpfull clan and ask their help  .

yea... ofc, i look at the rankings, and im still think wtf, there is no hero in wl,aw,pr,ps,ty(not sure) and i probly forget alot... Yea, i opened this topic cause i play pretty much a gay class for oly, but id like to make hero by myself, and not with help of xxx people...

SmiteMe

Quote from: Lecktor on August 07, 2010, 03:56:15 PM
hi,

i never care about oly and never will care...People always will transfer make it 1 or 1000 fights u always have those retarded transfer clans

better,quit oly for 100%

or make it class based   :) but than the "fake" hero's also can transfer  :) be course those no lifers just make 5 chars

wtf is wrong with you :D let be course begi n !