News:

Main Menu

anyone run on linux???

Started by tiptip, May 31, 2011, 06:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aesha

Quote from: tiptip on June 01, 2011, 06:51:40 PM

What i done so far:
so, i installed WINE , i added all dll need for DirectX9 c , i installed DirectX 9c on WINE, it been installed , but when i try to run dxdiag.exe using wine nothing happend.
i installed lineage 2 client, and i copied all files from "full check" of dn from older lineage install.
now when i open lineage using wine first screen show up, i press start, and line 2 opening , now on the log in screen , where i should put username and password , non of the buttons have any text on them, the ok button, the canel button , the option button, all are empty buttons with no text, and when i choose username or password field i cant wright nothing, when i type something in keyboard nothing happen .....

well thats all details, if any1 that made lineage 2 work on his linux can tell me how he set it up ill be very happy.
i also OFC post topic on linux mint 11 forum , ppl there relly nice and try help me, ill keep trying, but my thinking was best ppl to help me is DN ppl who successfuly run lineage under linux <:

thanks a head for all replies ...

the windows fonts are missing, you just need to download a package of win fonts and install them, to avoid mistakes install them onto your distribution and also on your wine windows font folder and voila, I'm pretty sure that's it.

Good luk

PolSilv3r

With downloading so many things soon that 'Linux' will be 'Win' :P

Is it rly worth ? :D Not better instal Win too?
Why are you looking at my Avatar?

.:sexHERO:.
Server:  Zenith/Infinity x5

I am here since 07:52 GMT+1 25.12.2005

Aesha

Quote from: PolSilv3r on June 02, 2011, 09:33:09 AM
With downloading so many things soon that 'Linux' will be 'Win' :P

Is it rly worth ? :D Not better instal Win too?

Definitly worth the try, as playing a game on an "Alien" OS :) is quite rewarding once it is done, it won't run better than Windows (as it is emulated) but you won't notice a big difference if you have a powerful PC, I saw it as a challenge and I was quite happy that I made it.

Regards.

tiptip

well i got game work, have some problems:
on good graphics game slow, on low graphic normal.
weapon +4 and more not have glow, but a big nasty blue dot , and also hero glow is a big white dot.
so now im working on it (:

yes for now i run dual boot , i still play on windows, but ye i will keep working on it, cause if i could make ln2 work good on linux it will be relly worth it , then i will not need to see windows any more (:
but if i could not make it , ill just stay with dual boot (:
EvilTiptip - SH\BD    Tip Clan
Fistok - Glad/DA      WS Clan

ylim

in 2011 not "cool" anymore to be windows hater nad be linux fanboy  :-*

go osX now thats the cool OS :>

Aesha

Perhaps the Directx, I remember doing some changes to the Ini file switching it to OpenGL (need to remember how) but I'm sure you can google about that issue, If I remember I'll post it. good luck.

Enerilla

i do not understand the point in using dual system (win +linux). If u have original windows then there is no sense in using linux as a second operating system with its gaming limitations. U can find plenty of free apps for win, so u can be easily legal, u dont need a linux for that. If u dont have original win, but u use it as a second (or an emulated) system, then u are breaking copyright rules too, so i cant see the point again...
Nielin

Quote from: ylim on June 26, 2011, 04:40:35 PM
Sethan u always were a tard and ur parents feel it's bug but actualy its not

PolSilv3r

Quote from: Enerilla on June 07, 2011, 10:23:07 AM
i do not understand the point in using dual system (win +linux). If u have original windows then there is no sense in using linux as a second operating system with its gaming limitations. U can find plenty of free apps for win, so u can be easily legal, u dont need a linux for that. If u dont have original win, but u use it as a second (or an emulated) system, then u are breaking copyright rules too, so i cant see the point again...

:D :D :D :D

It's like playing on DN.

You are breaking the rules and copyrights cuz it's a pirate server but you are playing on it cuz it's free :P :)
Why are you looking at my Avatar?

.:sexHERO:.
Server:  Zenith/Infinity x5

I am here since 07:52 GMT+1 25.12.2005

tiptip

well i have original windows, it got nothing to do with it.
dual bot is for playing lineage2 normaly atm.

but the point in installing linux got nothing to do with ln2 or any other game. i only play ln2 atm, linux installed to have stable fast running system unlike windows, and very practicale desktop, im web developer , so most of time when i neer pc i wright codes and edit videos, linux make my life much more easy ......
EvilTiptip - SH\BD    Tip Clan
Fistok - Glad/DA      WS Clan

Therros

Hi guys, I'm happy to find such topic, 'cuz I also have some problems with running my L2 on my LinuxMint11. It loaded frome the first try, but I got no letters (fonts) in-game, and it's quite awful. I've installed windows fonts, but that did not help.