Web Analytics
YOU ARE SF! - Page 4

News:

Main Menu

YOU ARE SF!

Started by Natsuki, October 02, 2011, 07:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handrail

Damn this made me cry. Want old days back.
Odtag from Infinity.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

So who the hell is better? O_o

lasombra

Quote from: Bloody_Mess on February 01, 2012, 06:32:10 PM
OMFG ... i didnt log here since .... hmm.... ages :D you guys are still alive ? :P
Btw atm im playing in megmeld on official server and if some 1 is interested in coming there ill be glad to come in the clan where i am xD :) ... but its not like the good old days of DN infinity xD
PS: hm... i saw in this topic some old names xD ... wats up cyb :) and fell xD
PS2:i hope you still remember me xD
PS3: i am proud that i was part of SF :D

hello Solumyr :)
Ofc I remember :)

Hello Odtag also :)
Hello Berich !

Zenith / Infinity server
Felissin - Storm Screamer/Spectral Dancer

Prayer for the wild heart kept in cages

Tarantula server
FelissinII - sps
Felissin - SH

Berich

Quote from: 6bIK on February 09, 2012, 02:25:35 PM
opa, privet, 4ego v icq tebja nevdat'?

da nu kakoi isq Tolko skype  -  ber1ch
Zenith/Infinity x5
berich-sps/ee 1-st infinity hero

6bIK

Quote from: Berich on March 01, 2012, 08:22:02 PM
da nu kakoi isq Tolko skype  -  ber1ch
oki, parol' prinjal xD

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 09, 2013, 10:44:54 PMi removed ur sig for obvious reasons....same goes for 6bik
im Edited :D

weapon_zero

Quote from: LadyZENITH on December 29, 2011, 11:30:43 PM
Don't even mention such a thing! Heretic....
Have you lost it? This game is our history! I will never accept its ruined form... it must remain as a memory in its pure form!

in fact, couldnt´agree more, as usual. was just giving it a go and as you see, reached a verdict pretty fast. ;)

Quote from: LadyZENITH on January 06, 2012, 02:59:10 AM
All right. Just checking on. Few years and it will be a decade since I first touched L2 dammit we are too old. You are at least cool.... Unlike Cyberia up there. You know I remember her, that noble elf, blonde hairs, lady of Aden, sun was shining, Mercy was smelling.... and everyone was happy. Except Damon, he never is.

No matter. I'm just practicing my aim in UT and fast hands and reaction in Starcraft, and in future, I will go for a game called Archeage. If you haven't heard of it, I strongly suggest you take a look. It is not exactly a topic of tomorrow, maybe next year, but so far it holds promise I never saw since the days of L2. All the MMO games that came after L2 were crappy instanced/factioned/stupid/themepark wow clones... this one not. It will have all I loved and even much more.
that was beautiful *sob* i swept a tear.  :D
yup, might try archeage too, although really, i hate the mediocre charakter gfx and animations. also rumors have it that this game will be a terrible grind once again. but it looks like the best from all the options.

blade n soul - doesn´t sound too good for being highly instanced and it has been said that pvp there isn´t too good.
tera - i signed in for the beta just for the sake of it. yet i dislike that it lacks all the political aspects that it was supposed to feature originally, also the idea of "rooms" sucks. l2 open world ftw! plus, i recall your verdict on the game so i do not believe it´ll be worth precious time.
guildwars2 - oh well.. not gonna be bad i suppose but just... it is guildwars. and thus also highly instanced. :s

Quote from: lasombra on January 13, 2012, 09:01:22 AM
ehehe xD
I still play here,  and I do not plan play somwhere else, I'm too old for it :) Also...I still like this server.
And true, those new L2 chronicles are so crapy...I was testing GoD on official, and it's not L2 anymore, sux hard.

hehe so you tried it too. yeah it was awful. did you see what they did with the towns? looks like they did that in 1 day after they build the "new" talking island. in dwarf village they even forgot to delete an npc who was half burried in the ruins. and still the client was slow and buggy. too gud, too gud.

Quote from: Bloody_Mess on February 01, 2012, 06:32:10 PM
OMFG ... i didnt log here since .... hmm.... ages :D you guys are still alive ? :P
Btw atm im playing in megmeld on official server and if some 1 is interested in coming there ill be glad to come in the clan where i am xD :) ... but its not like the good old days of DN infinity xD
PS: hm... i saw in this topic some old names xD ... wats up cyb :) and fell xD
PS2:i hope you still remember me xD
PS3: i am proud that i was part of SF :D

you crazy... nothing much going on on my part. finally finishing up my studies (turned my back on the it business), sometimes playing league of legends. our clan is still in existance... kinda. :)
hope yer doing fine. :)

well looks like this "art" forum is the last thing which is left from old zenith/infinity. wonder how many of the old folks will be on once i fire up msn/icq (which i haven´t done in ages).
anyone has any contact with damon, the family guy? :D
is the trunk of nw playing any game still. i suppose they left aion longtime ago already)?
anyways, i´d love to join a game where some old faces from this server would join to as well. best if it was a game with much freedom to do what you like. in that aspect archeage really looks like the best choice available at current (amakiir is also kinda hooked on it already).

LadyZENITH

About time you showed up.....

About the upcoming games...

The cheap games that count on instances, marketing and crap around that... I scratch them in advance. I still did not forgive myself for expecting something from Tera for example and I did that exception because I know the people who were behind it, and I stupidly assumed just because they did something good in the past that they are still good.... well that was an epic fail as that game is.

Archeage seems like the only to me ATM. I'm just afraid they may stretch it too thin. And by too thin I mean... one week they introduce 40+ emoticons, next week they introduce tractors, next week they introduce whole underwater stuff and diving and....  there is already so much stuff.. like the game is just blooming with the amount of stuff. So that makes me wonder if they finish it and polish it correctly, also make it at least remotely balanced.

I don't have anything against the characters at all. I mean the Feres or how they are named were weird, but they redesigned them completely to make them... even more weird. But I like the Harians they are very cute, the animations are also fine to me and they are adding a lot of them.  The characters actually look fine to me. I mean... compared to for example Tera where the animations are totally weird and every female looks like total slut + most of the armors are asymmetric aka left half different then right half and that just goes against my brain.... purely. And then you have BnS and the... massive hips and out of proportion stuff... baah... no, clearly AA wins there, for me it does at least.

Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

PolSilv3r

Well well well... Who is here!  ::)

'TLApropaganda' or something like that ;D
Why are you looking at my Avatar?

.:sexHERO:.
Server:  Zenith/Infinity x5

I am here since 07:52 GMT+1 25.12.2005

weapon_zero

Quote from: LadyZENITH on March 04, 2012, 09:36:01 PM
About time you showed up.....

About the upcoming games...

The cheap games that count on instances, marketing and crap around that... I scratch them in advance. I still did not forgive myself for expecting something from Tera for example and I did that exception because I know the people who were behind it, and I stupidly assumed just because they did something good in the past that they are still good.... well that was an epic fail as that game is.

Archeage seems like the only to me ATM. I'm just afraid they may stretch it too thin. And by too thin I mean... one week they introduce 40+ emoticons, next week they introduce tractors, next week they introduce whole underwater stuff and diving and....  there is already so much stuff.. like the game is just blooming with the amount of stuff. So that makes me wonder if they finish it and polish it correctly, also make it at least remotely balanced.

I don't have anything against the characters at all. I mean the Feres or how they are named were weird, but they redesigned them completely to make them... even more weird. But I like the Harians they are very cute, the animations are also fine to me and they are adding a lot of them.  The characters actually look fine to me. I mean... compared to for example Tera where the animations are totally weird and every female looks like total slut + most of the armors are asymmetric aka left half different then right half and that just goes against my brain.... purely. And then you have BnS and the... massive hips and out of proportion stuff... baah... no, clearly AA wins there, for me it does at least.  
Oh well yea i also felt i that i missed quite a conversation in this topic. Didn´t expect that. Really nice to see that there is still life in here. :)

I hope your enthusiasm about ArcheAge will be proven correct in the end. I am not entirely sure about it yet. What appears good is the open world concept, the huge amount of freedom you have and also a certain resemblance to L2 imho. But i somehow also share your concerns, to say the least. The developer team is practically unknown, getting a project of this magnitude done without any major flaws seems really ambitious. For what do i need to dive for treasures in the sea or develop my whole online life around being a wheat farmer? Sure, it is a cool idea but how about focusing on core aspects of the game itself first. Have you seen the villages or castles build by players? Ugly and chaotic as heck, and it seems not really useful either - "castles" (usually just a maze of walls) there at least guard sth like a single "power crystal, now still castles in L2 are worlds more cooler than those in AA at current. So i am not sure if all these features are improving the game overall nor if that really altogether creates a working game concept. Not to mention balancing as you pointed out already. Their abysmal (should i say unprofessional?) international web presence is not helping much to resolve these doubts.

As for the GFX, i don´t know but from all the beta gameplay and character creation videos i have seen the crytek engine has not aged too well. Animations appear rather "wooden" imho, armors look rather dull, characters lack detail and that little something of extra "spirit" that i would normally expect from an asian mmo. Would get this far to say that L2 characters in the good old Unreal2 engine still appear more immersing than the majority of characters in ArcheAge at current... But it seemed to me as well that quality differs in between the races, apparently some are still running on models from an earlier development cycle. And i hope that the announced implementation of Crytek2 will be completed before launch (reminds me of NC promising Crytek2 for Aion almost since launch. To my knowledge it never happened-).
I remain skeptical.

BnS still has potential imho. Sorry, but i´d say your verdict on its art is a bit harsh. So far it is at least the best looking from all forthcoming titles. Some of the extreme character proportions will be toned down, since they found in beta that these models weren´t picked much by players, everyone went with the (few) more common body shapes. If they manage to get it out as a "social" and competitive game, not just a story based farmfest which you could as well experience in Singleplayer mode, it may be worth a try.

Anyways i hope for a good, challenging, innovative L2-style mmo that can be enjoyed with friends. Still waiting-  :-\

Quote from: PolSilv3r on March 05, 2012, 12:18:27 AM
Well well well... Who is here!  ::)

why why look who´s there. i bet this forum will die instantly the day you won´t post in here anymore. :D

PolSilv3r

I am hosting this forum, didn't you know it, did you? ::)
Why are you looking at my Avatar?

.:sexHERO:.
Server:  Zenith/Infinity x5

I am here since 07:52 GMT+1 25.12.2005

LadyZENITH

Quote from: PolSilv3r on March 05, 2012, 12:18:27 AM
Well well well... Who is here!  ::)

I don't know what are you talking about.

Quote from: weapon_zero on March 05, 2012, 02:11:19 AM
Oh well yea i also felt i that i missed quite a conversation in this topic. Didn´t expect that. Really nice to see that there is still life in here. :)

I hope your enthusiasm about ArcheAge will be proven correct in the end. I am not entirely sure about it yet. What appears good is the open world concept, the huge amount of freedom you have and also a certain resemblance to L2 imho. But i somehow also share your concerns, to say the least. The developer team is practically unknown, getting a project of this magnitude done without any major flaws seems really ambitious. For what do i need to dive for treasures in the sea or develop my whole online life around being a wheat farmer? Sure, it is a cool idea but how about focusing on core aspects of the game itself first. Have you seen the villages or castles build by players? Ugly and chaotic as heck, and it seems not really useful either - "castles" (usually just a maze of walls) there at least guard sth like a single "power crystal, now still castles in L2 are worlds more cooler than those in AA at current. So i am not sure if all these features are improving the game overall nor if that really altogether creates a working game concept. Not to mention balancing as you pointed out already. Their abysmal (should i say unprofessional?) international web presence is not helping much to resolve these doubts.

As for the GFX, i don´t know but from all the beta gameplay and character creation videos i have seen the crytek engine has not aged too well. Animations appear rather "wooden" imho, armors look rather dull, characters lack detail and that little something of extra "spirit" that i would normally expect from an asian mmo. Would get this far to say that L2 characters in the good old Unreal2 engine still appear more immersing than the majority of characters in ArcheAge at current... But it seemed to me as well that quality differs in between the races, apparently some are still running on models from an earlier development cycle. And i hope that the announced implementation of Crytek2 will be completed before launch (reminds me of NC promising Crytek2 for Aion almost since launch. To my knowledge it never happened-).
I remain skeptical.

BnS still has potential imho. Sorry, but i´d say your verdict on its art is a bit harsh. So far it is at least the best looking from all forthcoming titles. Some of the extreme character proportions will be toned down, since they found in beta that these models weren´t picked much by players, everyone went with the (few) more common body shapes. If they manage to get it out as a "social" and competitive game, not just a story based farmfest which you could as well experience in Singleplayer mode, it may be worth a try.

Anyways i hope for a good, challenging, innovative L2-style mmo that can be enjoyed with friends. Still waiting-  :-\
why why look who´s there. i bet this forum will die instantly the day you won´t post in here anymore. :D

Gaaaqh cannot agree completely, I think the engine matures quite well, as I already told I have nothing against the animations, the character design seems fine, fitting and highly customizeable ( now I do not talk about character customizations,  but the approach they are taking when you can upload your own cloaks, your own symbols on flags, ships, etc. The engine is far more fitting for MMO games then the so often used Unreal3. Unreal3 has one huge issue, it processes geometry trough just one thread, that is why the framerate go so much down in Tera hen you have 40+ people on screen, that is why the game is not targeting any mass pvp at all, you have no sieges at all, etc. The game is one big instance fast, the same can be told about Blalde n Soul, because the engine can either not support mass pvp or look awful. The sieges in archeage so far, even hen they were limited, were fully playable framerate-wise. So the engine handles it far better + absolutely fluent day/nigh/weather changes, did you see the sun-rays during sunset? Really beautiful. 

As it comes to beta-progress, CBT 1-2 was Cry engine 2, CBT4 is Cry engine 3. People say, that without any ini tweaks, the CBT3 was looking the best so far.

You did not like the way people made the castle, but it is because it was the 1st one and there was nothing to protect behind the walls, so they made this maze which is nearly impossible to penetrate, but there is one more castle and that looks already much better. The magic is really that people can build it how they want it. You conquered the ground, you can build there beauty or shit.... it is upon you, there is nothing predefined.

As it comes to the company yep, unknown so far, but it is commanded by Jake Song, biggest personality in MMO industry in Koream, man that left NCsoft in 2003 to create this company and create this, and it looks viable enough to me. 

The only downside is, like you mentioned, absolutely no international, marketing, hype, announcements, the web is just blah. If you need something you have to get the info the hard way, aka translated from Korean and that is never too much accurate.

Sorry if it looked like I was bashing BnS, I accept the game as it is, if they tune down the "weird characters" then I have nothing against the game visually, because it already features good characters as well. Its just a little bit off my taste gameplay-wise. It is a game targeting one on one combat, or small group combat... over everything.   Well, at least it looks like it does good in what it is supposed to do, not epic-failing like Tera. BnS may be a possibility if I'M bored before AA comes. I wait for AA because of the possibilities, there has not been MMO this wast and with that many options to do. I really want to grow the crops, to mine the minerals, to build workbench and smelter to make something useful from it, the free pvp/pk model, the no-instance open-work only approach And in the end you build own ships, castles, houses, it encourages wars for ground, open world politics, everything. To me it is like... taking what I liked on L2.... making it look better and more free + adding 4x more stuff on it.  This game is my biggest hope since I left L2 ( and to be honest I always sucked so bad after Infinity that I should have done that a way earlier and I still own apologize for some people for wasting their time.), it is really looking great. Maybe Ill try B n S, as I'm quitting Starcraft for now, the game is too stressful for me, I realized I play a game to stress myself and not gaining any fun/joy in the process, and tat is not good.

Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

Amakiir

OMG this forum still exists XD

hello to all nostalgia-ists :D

another Archeage enthusiast reporting in. couldnt agree more with LadyZENITH, every other game i tried or looked at was shit. WoW clones everywhere, but this game has potential :D

i wanna be a fairy ^____^

oh and btw
DEATH SO SF   ;D

Amakiir Soultanker(R.I.P)
[url=http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Nekozuki/forumsig][/url]
[url=http://sig.anidb.net/redirect/8390/6E4ht/][/url]

weapon_zero

"I want to be a fairy and i want to get stoned..." :D

btw i´m on holiday these days, so sorry for the missing response. well, let´s hope there will be more revealed about archeage soon. although i think that you, zenith, are seeing this game a little through rose-sloured glasses i still hope that you will be right of course. i guess AA has the greatest potential at least. :)