Web Analytics
Summoners

News:

Main Menu

Summoners

Started by Playboy, October 11, 2011, 10:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playboy

I would like to ask for advise (it's not cry topic) regarding to SPS/ES  playstyle in Gracia on DN.  

Especially experience from people who play this kind of character(mage/summoner) are most welcome.

Why i'm asking?
I play sps/es since 2006, with some 1-2 year break, when HB was implemented. Now i came back to get some fun ;)
But (suprise!!) after few pvp, trying to kill some mobs, making few tests, i loose all excitment. Why?
- when i call summon, my damage is like 1/3 of normal mage (lol - it's even worse than sps without dn sub)
- summon +10 - 84lvl  is 1 hit on pvp

Conclusions:
-when you use a summon, your fighting abilities are strongly decrashed
-when you dont use summon, your defence abilities are decrashed (even when you use it, he is alive like few sec: time for servitor barier + s.empoverment, during this time you cant do almost nothing - 1/3 dmg)
-using summon to fight instead spells is pointless - summon is simply to weak

I know, that sharing atributes value with summon is a Gracia feature (and i dont know, summon "consumes" atributes when it's summon, or only when summon attack? - i mean on official, on DN it's clear) but on official summoners dont have any other chance to deal damage.
On DN, with stacking subclass, its like backstab in the back ;) for example: TH/PAL when use heavy armour, his attack speed will be reduced to 1/3.

So, main question of this topic: What's your startegy to play mage/summoner in Gracia? Any advises? Share your knowledge and experience with others :)

P.S. I dont need advises like:
-make new char and swich to HE/PAL

J4cKDan13L

Welcome back.... Imho gracia is simply "just for fighters" chronicle...  I noticed during sieges that 95% of players (without count buffer boxes) are archers or daggers... Mages are useless for farm cuz every mob and raid has a greatly increased m.def... and in pvp cuz even with 20k m.atk U will hit for 400-600 while archers and daggers will hit you back with 3-5k and some even with 10k (even if u are with full pdef buffs)...

Hell yeah I am a QQ master...
J4cKDan13L
Storm Screamer/Shillen's Saint 85

Infinity player since 15:53 gmt+1 of 28th june 2005 goddammit!

Playboy

I can deal with most of this dissadvantages, i'm using to it... anyway summoner was strong only in C1/C2 - farming LoA and exping clanmates with mass hydro from summon.
The worst thing which kills my fun is that, when i use summon, i feel like punished - 1/3 dmg  and stronger hits from enemy. There is no greater debuff in this game  ;D On selfbuff + seraph buffs i have like around 3800 m.atk +450Water :P
Anyway: Tips&Trick for mage/summoner are most welcome :)

flamingAwe

Quote from: J4cKDan13L on October 11, 2011, 11:09:01 AM
Welcome back.... Imho gracia is simply "just for fighters" chronicle...  I noticed during sieges that 95% of players (without count buffer boxes) are archers or daggers... Mages are useless for farm cuz every mob and raid has a greatly increased m.def... and in pvp cuz even with 20k m.atk U will hit for 400-600 while archers and daggers will hit you back with 3-5k and some even with 10k (even if u are with full pdef buffs)...

Hell yeah I am a QQ master...

blasphemy! i don't hunt many RBs, but i soled on se/bd buff golkies, halishas, bosses in soi w/o heal or recharge
and mobs are really no problem for mages (up to 18k crits to chimeras with my dyna mace+4...) (nc/pp, if readers don't know)

and about mage/summoner tips, i'll answer: most mage/summoners do not know they lose 80% of their attribute, when have summon, they just put barrier and nuke xD (actually archer/summoners have same tactic xD)
tip are simple: sps/es is canceler with good defence, or nuker with cast speed, chose by situations.

Arienrod

attri's weapon are going to ur pet then it can nuke better ... at least useful in PVE for Merrow/Magnus ;p

and yes if u wanna nuke with high cast speed effect of ES sub, then no pet

if u wanna pet, then it means manily debuff spam (cancel ofc, warrior bane, anti hide DOT etc ...) and cleanse party powa with seraph

good luck:)

Playboy

As i can see, in Gracia each class get a lot of new advantages, even summoner get a least 5 of them: buffs from seraphin 8)
If there are any other "+"for summoners , don't hesitate to enlight me  ;D

Sharing atributes i count as a very big dissadvantage comparing to HB (you loose ~66% of damage or defence potential, comparing to HB, depending you use summon or no).