Web Analytics
Trying to enter - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

Trying to enter

Started by DooMFeaR, October 13, 2011, 07:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcd

One more try, this time we need to modify your DEP.

1. open your start-window (push the windows/home key)
2. click on the control-panel (if it is not in your start-window, use the search function)
3. depending on your basic configuration, you probably see big symbols with some notes (not what we know as control-panel from other windows versions)
4. Under the 'search field' (right top), you will see the point 'display' with a drop-down-menue). Click on this and choose 'small symbols'. The window will change and show you smth that looks more common. Scroll down and search for the "System", open it.
5. The window that opens now has two parts, a narrow left side and a wide right side with details. On the naviagation (left), choose 'advanced properties'.
6. A little window will appear with 5 maintopics on the top, choose the one in the center 'adjust'.
7. There you have 3 small topics:
"activity" (or efficiency)
"User Profiles"
"Start and rebuild"
Choose activity/efficiency and click on the 'properties'-button.
8. One more window will open, with 3 maintopics choosable on the top, we are looking for the last one, the DEP (Data Execution Prevention).
9. There you will have to chose between 2 options, if the first one is signed, choose the second one.
10. Now click on the add-button and add the l2.exe and the DragonNetwork.exe.
Save your changes, close all windows. Do a little reboot and try again.

As I don't use a english version of windows and you maybe also don't, the names of the topics and buttons may be different a bit. If it is too difficult or you just cannot find it, I will make a few screenshots.

The DEP prevents programs on your computer from doing some 'damage'. It is an automatic tool inside windows. Give it a try.
currently playing GuildWars2 [Ring of Fire]

DooMFeaR

This is what I did:

Now I will reboot then I will try to enter.

** PS: I got the same error. :(

hcd

It appears like a very boring joke to me. I don't really get it anyway, doesn't anyone else have an idea?

According to all, what I've read on the internet (until now), the problem not comes from L2 directly. It happens with other games and programs, mostly because of a hyper-active AVG or because people forgot any basic things to install. As you told us, other games with better requirements work good, I assume you just miss something what only L2 needs to run.

I'll try with the basics, I'm sure there is something trivial missing XD, something short and unimportant:
- get the current service pack for win7 64 bit
- get the current DotNetFramework
- update the dirvers of your soundcard
- how old is your windows-version (I hope you don't work with the pre-release)?
- get the windows 7 CD, boot with it and tell the program it shall "repair" itself (maybe smth is broken, which we don't see)
- have you tried to run lineage on another computer? (if you have one, try it. If it works, compare the differences, installed programs)

If anyone else got an idea, no matter how retarded it sounds, post it.

DooMFeaR

hcd, what anti-virus program do you use? I will uninstall AVG but I want something else to install.

Dumbled0re

the problem isnt from avg for sure I use both avg av and security center and they are both really simple and light apps. thats my opinion.
ABSTINENCE-GREEDY-AVARICE-LUST-ANGER-ENVY-LAZY -/- PRIDE-SELFLESS-TEMPER-DILIGENCE-TOLERATE-CHARITY-HUMBLE
"I feel so insulted with this common appearance of modernity"

hcd

Quote from: Dumbled0re on October 24, 2011, 02:55:32 AM
the problem isnt from avg for sure I use both avg av and security center and they are both really simple and light apps. thats my opinion.
/agree

Quote from: DooMFeaR on October 24, 2011, 12:18:20 AM
hcd, what anti-virus program do you use? I will uninstall AVG but I want something else to install.
regular free antivir from http://www.avira.com/

I don't really want to botch the registry-files. On my long list of stupid ideas, this is one of the last. Anyway, lets give it a try:

1. download (http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_downloads_hs_getfile_v1_35246460.html?t=1319451001&v=3600&s=5d84b49fa14b1d593ceb6f986efa25bc) this little tool and install it
2. run it
3. choose Registry at the navigation (left)
4. keep all points signed
5. click on the Scan for Issues button
6. when it is done (can take few seconds), click on the Fix selected Issues ... button
7. /yes /yes (save copy of registry)
8. run another scan
9. fix again
10. run another scan (keep doing 2-3 times, until only a few problems (1) are left)
11. do a reboot
12. try to run l2

Note: This action should be save, without further damage for your computer.

DooMFeaR

Quote from: hcd on October 24, 2011, 08:15:30 AM
/agree
regular free antivir from http://www.avira.com/

I don't really want to botch the registry-files. On my long list of stupid ideas, this is one of the last. Anyway, lets give it a try:

1. download (http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_downloads_hs_getfile_v1_35246460.html?t=1319451001&v=3600&s=5d84b49fa14b1d593ceb6f986efa25bc) this little tool and install it
2. run it
3. choose Registry at the navigation (left)
4. keep all points signed
5. click on the Scan for Issues button
6. when it is done (can take few seconds), click on the Fix selected Issues ... button
7. /yes /yes (save copy of registry)
8. run another scan
9. fix again
10. run another scan (keep doing 2-3 times, until only a few problems (1) are left)
11. do a reboot
12. try to run l2

Note: This action should be save, without further damage for your computer.

I did this.... Same problem :|. I don't know what else to try :(.

Dumbled0re

Doesnt seem to be anything related to the ie connection or with the router u are running to access www... I cant get it...  sorry...  reinstall that madafaker os.
ABSTINENCE-GREEDY-AVARICE-LUST-ANGER-ENVY-LAZY -/- PRIDE-SELFLESS-TEMPER-DILIGENCE-TOLERATE-CHARITY-HUMBLE
"I feel so insulted with this common appearance of modernity"

hcd

Quote from: Dumbled0re on October 24, 2011, 11:41:34 PM
Doesnt seem to be anything related to the ie connection or with the router u are running to access www... I cant get it...  sorry...  reinstall that madafaker os.
Of all the things we can try, this is last on my list. It is very annoying, eats time and there is no 100% guarantee everything will work fine - not even the programs/games which are working atm. I've got a few more ideas:

- open client/loader over DragonNetwork.exe
- in the right upper corner, you click on "settings"
- try different bit-rates/resolutions (apply and run the game)
(some notebooks have strange standard-resolution, can cause errors)

- get a free version of ad-aware
- install it, run it
(is not like any AVG, detects/deletes other programs which might block)

- open your lineage 2 foler
- right-click on your DragonNetwork.exe
- Propperties => Compatibility
- try with XP (SP3), Vista (and Windows 7)
(runs well on Windows 7 on many computers, but some games make trouble. I don't think it will change anything, but is worth a try anyway)

- don't run any kind of program when you try to run L2
(no instant messenger, no winamp/WMP - nothing, only connect and try to run)

- one more try about the drivers, I know you don't like it 'again'. I promise this is the last time I mention this:
-> remove your drivers of your Grapics Card and of your Sound Card complletely from your computer
-> run that registry cleaner, just to make sure they are completely gone
-> shut down computer, wait 2-3 minutes
-> boot your computer, if windows want to install automatic dirver, abort
-> shut down computer again, boot it again after 2-3 minutes and install the newest drivers
-> reboot once again and try run l2
(sounds weird, I know)

- have you tried with 'safe mode'?
-> reboot your computer and keep pressing F8 during the boot-procedure
-> a DOS screen appears, choose safe-mode (with networking) and try there
(this is only a test, I'd like to know if it works or not. I don't ask you to play in safe-mode forever.)

Anyway, I'm really running out of ideas. If we won't find a fix soon, you might have to do what Dumbled0re suggested :S. (if you have 2 or more partitions on your HDD, it will be easier. Just move all your 'important' files from the partion of your OS to another one. Than format the partition of your OS and reinstall windows there. In case you have everything on one partition, move your files on a USB-Stick or a portablle HDD).

DooMFeaR

Quote from: hcd on October 25, 2011, 09:13:22 AM
Of all the things we can try, this is last on my list. It is very annoying, eats time and there is no 100% guarantee everything will work fine - not even the programs/games which are working atm. I've got a few more ideas:

- open client/loader over DragonNetwork.exe
- in the right upper corner, you click on "settings"
- try different bit-rates/resolutions (apply and run the game)
(some notebooks have strange standard-resolution, can cause errors)

- get a free version of ad-aware
- install it, run it
(is not like any AVG, detects/deletes other programs which might block)

- open your lineage 2 foler
- right-click on your DragonNetwork.exe
- Propperties => Compatibility
- try with XP (SP3), Vista (and Windows 7)
(runs well on Windows 7 on many computers, but some games make trouble. I don't think it will change anything, but is worth a try anyway)

- don't run any kind of program when you try to run L2
(no instant messenger, no winamp/WMP - nothing, only connect and try to run)

- one more try about the drivers, I know you don't like it 'again'. I promise this is the last time I mention this:
-> remove your drivers of your Grapics Card and of your Sound Card complletely from your computer
-> run that registry cleaner, just to make sure they are completely gone
-> shut down computer, wait 2-3 minutes
-> boot your computer, if windows want to install automatic dirver, abort
-> shut down computer again, boot it again after 2-3 minutes and install the newest drivers
-> reboot once again and try run l2
(sounds weird, I know)

- have you tried with 'safe mode'?
-> reboot your computer and keep pressing F8 during the boot-procedure
-> a DOS screen appears, choose safe-mode (with networking) and try there
(this is only a test, I'd like to know if it works or not. I don't ask you to play in safe-mode forever.)

Anyway, I'm really running out of ideas. If we won't find a fix soon, you might have to do what Dumbled0re suggested :S. (if you have 2 or more partitions on your HDD, it will be easier. Just move all your 'important' files from the partion of your OS to another one. Than format the partition of your OS and reinstall windows there. In case you have everything on one partition, move your files on a USB-Stick or a portablle HDD).

I did this step by step... I got the same problem. In safe mode, Lineage doesn't start at all because I can't enable Direct 3D for Video card. The last solution is to format my HDD then install another version of windows 7 x64.
Thank you guys again for helping me out.