Web Analytics
Currency

News:

Main Menu

Currency

Started by Painkiler, January 08, 2014, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painkiler

Since adena in late game is just not enough to buy serious equipment from players, and donator coin won't have same "power" as on dragon x15 will be there a currency like gold bars etc like it was on arena 200x?

GenghisKhan

Adenas can be really worthy if GMs implement few things like other servers. For example:

multiply price of teleport for 76+ chars
multiply minimum bid for CH
multiply CH upkeep (especially this one. It shouldn't be that you buy CH in first week and than you pay some miserable sum of adena to use it. Make this really really high and suddenly adenas gonna worth, for ever).

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 01, 2014, 10:16:44 AM
There will be no armors nor weapons at donny. Spoil/craft them.

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: Painkiler on January 08, 2014, 05:48:07 PM
Since adena in late game is just not enough to buy serious equipment from players, and donator coin won't have same "power" as on dragon x15 will be there a currency like gold bars etc like it was on arena 200x?
There will be donation coins only, not other custom currencies.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

+GekKey+

IMO it kills the negotiating on market and removes some challenge because it "fixes" a price for high value item. I prefer when you have to throw in some items + money. It add a twist to the game by making good and bad trades.

thepal

Quote from: GenghisKhan on January 08, 2014, 05:52:15 PM
Adenas can be really worthy if GMs implement few things like other servers. For example:

multiply CH upkeep (especially this one. It shouldn't be that you buy CH in first week and than you pay some miserable sum of adena to use it. Make this really really high and suddenly adenas gonna worth, for ever).

This is preety amazing idea... The adena taken by CH should be muuuch bigger.
Its shitty that ppl that who stopped play but left adena in CWH can rly keep it many months cuz it dont take almost anything...

Pentaheal

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 08, 2014, 05:52:24 PM
There will be donation coins only, not other custom currencies.

And these donation coins are going to be tradable? If yes, then this is the new currency for trading A+ equipment and similar stuff :)

GenghisKhan

Quote from: Pentaheal on January 08, 2014, 05:58:58 PM
And these donation coins are going to be trada (http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/storymaker-slideshow-history-mental-asylum0-514x418.jpg)ble? If yes, then this is the new currency for trading A+ equipment and similar stuff :)
There won't be item donations. That being said I highly doubt some1 would trade A+ equipment for coins that you can exchange for consumables.

+GekKey+

Quote from: Pentaheal on January 08, 2014, 05:58:58 PM
And these donation coins are going to be trada (http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/storymaker-slideshow-history-mental-asylum0-514x418.jpg)ble? If yes, then this is the new currency for trading A+ equipment and similar stuff :)

Yes, but back then they had a high value because you could get non drop-able items. Now, if coins are mainly used to obtain hats or such things, who knows how much valuable they will be when it comes to buying A/S grade items

Painkiler

Donator coins will be exchanged later for real cash so i think it will be good currency anyway.

GenghisKhan

Quote from: Painkiler on January 08, 2014, 06:07:26 PM
Donator coins will be exchanged later for real cash so i think it will be good currency anyway.
Well, if that system work as planned than that could be really swell. People could "donate" for equipment and number of items would remain the same. And by "donate" I mean buy items from players on safe way, while DN making their provision for maintaining the server.

Pentaheal

Quote from: GenghisKhan on January 08, 2014, 06:04:48 PM
There won't be item donations. That being said I highly doubt some1 would trade A+ equipment for coins that you can exchange for consumables.

Well that's questionable - it all depends on what exactly is going to be in the donate shop - but I'm pretty sure there're going to be some better goodies, such as enchant scrolls, life stones, 11++ soul crystals, accesories or other stuff - you know, things that aren't so huge, but you'll still rather exchange your stuff for it rather than adena, which isn't supposed to play role in endgame NPC trading because isn't customly "boosted" for creating healthy adena economy :)

But then again, it all will be shown once we recieve full donation list :)