News:

Main Menu

Raiboss status

Started by =^TrackZero^=, January 09, 2014, 10:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICEcko

Quote from: =drake= on January 10, 2014, 12:55:30 AM
advantages WITH it:
a) no chance by a single party to control the boss by knowing only themselves the last death time
b) more PVP in that area as everyone knows when the boss died so they all can gather there at the "minimum respawn time" and start fight meanwhile the boss spawns.
[/b][/color]

/agree
Dragon 15X :
DevotedSouls - ICEcko HE/PP

Nightmare 30X:
BlackHand - ICEcko BP/WC
BlackHand - UrukH4i OL/PR

kramligz

Quote from: =drake= on January 10, 2014, 12:55:30 AM
I vote for YES and the reasons are pretty important and imho wins over the "let's not have it because is nostalgia!"

advantages WITHOUT it:
a) nostalgia? and lack of sleep for fair players.

disadvantages WITHOUT it:
a) afk camping with screen analyzer software for pixels and a stone over F1 macro with /target nameboss
b) exclusive control by a single party because they know when it died so they can calculate easily the respawn time (well known) and anticipate it (go there 1min before the minimum respawn and wait knowing it will respawn while no other player knows)

advantages WITH it:
a) no chance by a single party to control the boss by knowing only themselves the last death time
b) more PVP in that area as everyone knows when the boss died so they all can gather there at the "minimum respawn time" and start fight meanwhile the boss spawns.
c) less damaged keyboards from stones glued over (see disadvantage A of first list)

disadvantages WITH it:
a) no idea... no nostalgia (sort of)

I vote yes as well. I encounter this problem back when I am at phoenix. I want to do my retail sub class quest by killing raid bosses at TOI but I have no idea when it is killed and when it will respawn. Yeah! I know the formula of the respawn time but how did I compute if I have no value for the last respawn. It was very hard for me then since I can only play 4-5 hours a day because of my work.

I really appreciated you guys (GM) by raising this topic. Two thumbs up. Keep it up.

=^TrackZero^=

- Just to add that Retail boxes will remain spawned ~10 minutes now, instead of 3 what was default. So everyone can reach in time, or at lest high chance you will catch them.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

djvancho

i think RB panel have refresh on every  1 hour so if rb spowned before this hour who camp it he will catch it
Tarantula   IL     Dragon H5          Hellraiser         Gaia         Infinity

BUFFSONG         BUFFCAT            SHAMANA         SHAMANA              NE/PP
sws/ee               best pp/wk ever       WC/OL         WC/OL        
sps/sws                        
ne/pal
BUFFCAT
wk

daruno

Quote from: igi on January 09, 2014, 10:30:31 PM
+1 no raid status at all, just respawn time+random is enough. I/we dont want everything served on a silver plate
++

LadyZENITH

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 10, 2014, 02:36:06 AM
- Just to add that Retail boxes will remain spawned ~10 minutes now, instead of 3 what was default. So everyone can reach in time, or at lest high chance you will catch them.

That is, out of all, actually an idea I agree with.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

Escaflew

Definitely not. Just don't.

SnoopD0g

I think that rb status is good idea if it will be like 12h + maxx 6 random, and if there will be info refresh only after RB dying. That will be fair for players who gonna spend their life on farming rb: they can cach it and only after they kill it the status will be changed, and the same for players wich wonna play normaly and cant spend few weeks to cach barkiel or golka or any other rb, hey just can plan their own game  time...
Anyway those who gonna farm RB will do it anyway no matter of rb status or etc, but it will be easyer to the rest of players and more pvp fun there (especially if there will be pvp zone). There will be no 1 ty\de with full afk supports and kill rb 1x1, if more ppl will know about +/- spown time there will be more ppl there and those who will be faster/stronger/smarter will get the price...
SnoopD0g - Adventurer/Hierophant  - trying to survive
Snoopyd0g - Stormscreamer/Shilen knight (R.I.P)
4k2pac -Soultaker/Hierophant (R.I.P)
xBigBenx - Grand Khavatari/Doomcryer (banned)

Naiz

Wait, what? Are we talking about regular bosses or Epics? Cuz i'd vote yes for normal rb and no for epics.
Vash aka Mardun / SoBOtA / ChriSBrowN

Naiz  / Teutates

ExCiDiuM / CaerSidi

djvancho

i vote + for all rb i hate to made 5 acc summoner/spyes
Tarantula   IL     Dragon H5          Hellraiser         Gaia         Infinity

BUFFSONG         BUFFCAT            SHAMANA         SHAMANA              NE/PP
sws/ee               best pp/wk ever       WC/OL         WC/OL        
sps/sws                        
ne/pal
BUFFCAT
wk

Peorexo

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 09, 2014, 10:18:43 PM
As in topic.
dont care about web rb status (prefer w/o it tho), but the only thing i care about RB, start server with all RB/EPICS DEAD. Dont favor players who can nolife together with server start. Let them wait for it.

Saboteur

NO for me  .  If we gona bring the "old fun" back , then it has to follow the "old rulez" .
I just log to applaud Track and smite Glasy ..

missing frames in my videos are there to show you, that my fraps software is not pirated ^^  it can record onlz 30secs and then u must push the buton again