server management fail again or fishy? - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

server management fail again or fishy?

Started by ZeniT, February 10, 2014, 05:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler

Quote from: Dalkanan on February 10, 2014, 05:27:01 PM
im tired of Corrupted GMs, we were on Phoenix and lost 3 months due to corruption , dont wanna lose more ... (Im not saying all GMs are corrupted, Im saying check GM Artur ... ) Couse hes behaviour was strange ....
What he said.
Sir, we are surrounded! Excellent, now we can attack in any direction!
www.zerg.darkbb.com

Voodoo

Dalkanan

Please , kids who maybe  were abused by their parents and everything for them equals crying , go to your kindergarden , to your cave or to your planet .... And let the adult have their conversation, okay ??

Just wanna know why 2S ended sooner , thats all , if GM can provide me with logic answer , than i will shut the freak up.

zippobg

SadFace
WC/OL

naTiexu

U did hell of surprise. We were so surprised!! DUde we knew u are there with 2 parties and we was on other oracle there is no surprise. I hope u take a lesson and play save next period :)

Vendettacz

Fact is that 7s ended up 1h earlier without anyinfo. That need some explanation.
professional retarded driver

Dalkanan

Dude , plz , this is not an argument .... Server should work as its written. Its like Atharas would have spawn window beetwen fridany - sunday , and it spawn on wednesday , and ur  saying me , dude you should be prepared and you should camp week earlier couse who the freak knows whats gonna happen. So ur argument is invalid ...

=drake=

Why wait last 15min?
Reboot was announced too since yesterday....

7signs ends at 17:45 (as it then restarts at 18:00)
Reboot is announced 5 minutes before and is quite a lot spammed that is happening...
Downtime is 10 minutes to fully reload all

I see no corruption in this and seriously:
a) any registration could have been made in that 5 minutes timespan that you know server is going down
b) you had a week...

Garn.

Quote from: =drake= on February 10, 2014, 07:05:03 PM
Why wait last 15min?
Reboot was announced too since yesterday....

7signs ends at 17:45 (as it then restarts at 18:00)
Reboot is announced 5 minutes before and is quite a lot spammed that is happening...
Downtime is 10 minutes to fully reload all

I see no corruption in this and seriously:
a) any registration could have been made in that 5 minutes timespan that you know server is going down
b) you had a week...
ehm, fact is that 7s has closed 1 hour earlier than that.
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x
First Hero GS on server :D

Simsung

Drake, thanks for the response but you did not answer the question.

There was plenty of time to sign up after the reboot. But the whole 7 signs period ended an hour early. This is a problem, not that there was a reboot or not. Server was up on time to let people sign up safely if the time was kept correctly.

Why wait for the last 15 minutes? Because you can be certain that you're signing up for the winning side, no matter what (no more festivals so the score seen on the record is final).

We were preparing for just that all day, had all the needed characters online waiting at the priest, and then suddenly it was closed an hour early, leaving all of us sideless and unable to farm AA / kill RBs. This is a huge deal, causing a major imbalance on the server. It's a PvP game where competition is really big. This ruined our chances this week to gear up at the same speed as other clans that signed up early.

We wanted a sure bet, not a gamble. We got screwed.

#edit

On top of that, it has caused a huge unfairness with upcoming sieges.

=drake=

Quote from: Simsung on February 10, 2014, 07:27:37 PM
Drake, thanks for the response but you did not answer the question.

There was plenty of time to sign up after the reboot. But the whole 7 signs period ended an hour early. This is a problem, not that there was a reboot or not. Server was up on time to let people sign up safely if the time was kept correctly.

Why wait for the last 15 minutes? Because you can be certain that you're signing up for the winning side, no matter what (no more festivals so the score seen on the record is final).

We were preparing for just that all day, had all the needed characters online waiting at the priest, and then suddenly it was closed an hour early, leaving all of us sideless and unable to farm AA / kill RBs. This is a huge deal, causing a major imbalance on the server. It's a PvP game where competition is really big. This ruined our chances this week to gear up at the same speed as other clans that signed up early.

We wanted a sure bet, not a gamble. We got screwed.

Wait the last minute to get benefits without do anything was not the greatest idea.
Would have been more smart to join a side and fight for it... the game is meant to be played this way.

Anyway, as everyone have different time zone and for sure my 18:00 is not your 18:00 (and in fact, my 18:00 is not even the server 18:00) you should use the command ingame called .time
type .time in the chat and you get the server time

The 7s change time is not at 18:00 servertime but is at 16:00 servertime.
In addition, the server follows "GMT+1 Amsterdam" (instead of UTC like Dragon) so depends on which part of the year it goes up/down by 1 hour.

Anyway to make it simple: festival ends 1 hour before the start time it had the previous week (GMT changes overlaps could alter it)

(why you guys did not registered in the 5 minutes timeframe when the reboot is spammed?)