Tank "nerfs" - Page 23

News:

Main Menu

Tank "nerfs"

Started by R0gan, February 24, 2014, 03:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicks

Quote from: =drake= on March 18, 2014, 06:30:19 PM
Is called "Tattoo of Wall", not "Tattoo of Aggro".
The main characteristics of this tattoo is the outstanding shield defence. The added aggro is just an extra.

Yet you brought it as a good tattoo for making RB... Thus my argument that under that optic, it's not as good as you seem to think it is. I guess we'll have to see how it works out with the boosted aggression, but I doubt much will change regarding that tattoo. Tanks will still only attack once or twice. If I want more shield pdef/rate, I'd get a mana tattoo to keep my toggles up longer. If I want more overall defense, Giant (or wtvr the HP tattoo) to trigger FF "sooner" and for longer.

Frankly I don't see the purpose of that tattoo for most situation.
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
Quote from: Brownxtown
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76hYNCxHBUE

=drake=

Quote from: Chicks on March 18, 2014, 07:45:48 PM
Yet you brought it as a good tattoo for making RB... Thus my argument that under that optic, it's not as good as you seem to think it is. I guess we'll have to see how it works out with the boosted aggression, but I doubt much will change regarding that tattoo. Tanks will still only attack once or twice. If I want more shield pdef/rate, I'd get a mana tattoo to keep my toggles up longer. If I want more overall defense, Giant (or wtvr the HP tattoo) to trigger FF "sooner" and for longer.

Frankly I don't see the purpose of that tattoo for most situation.

Have you tried it beyond lv2?
At lv4e, when maximized, when used in conjunction with tank shield skills you basically have 100% parry rate and physical damage received is reduced by nearly 75% (virtually is like having 75% more hp)

The Tattoo +HP doesnt cover up so much physical damage mitigation like the Tattoo of Wall does.
Of course against magic attacks is another thing but Tattoo of Wall is meant against physical attacks.

Note:
Just as info, relationship between tattoos' level and players' level:
lv1 = lv20 chars
lv2 = lv40 chars
lv3 = lv60 chars
lv4 = lv70 chars
lv4e = lv76 chars

Garn.

and where 80% of server is mage, it's really useful.
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x
First Hero GS on server :D

=drake=

Quote from: Garn. on March 18, 2014, 08:05:58 PM
and where 80% of server is mage, it's really useful.

You have other tattoos for that.
MDEF tattoo or the explained +HP tattoo...

Chicks

Quote from: =drake= on March 18, 2014, 08:07:30 PM
You have other tattoos for that.
MDEF tattoo or the explained +HP tattoo...

This is all relative to your class/stats I guess...

I'd also have to understand exactly what advanced block give, how to achieve exceptional/perfect block (what influence it, mainly), if that's even in IL... Because if it's in IL (which I doubt), it may be cool to have that tattoo, mixed with something else to boost perfect block rate... after all, a crit-to-be that do 1 damage is always nice :P.
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

loXol

Quote from: =drake= on March 18, 2014, 08:07:30 PM

i prefer when u you ignore cryers replies.
i just wait the nerfs, when sub tanks/xx will take advantges of your fixes for full tank sub( 0.1% of server)...
Quote from: pieh on April 08, 2008, 12:07:43 AM
i like the result of aden siege: Hexa, one of few clans that really deserve (i mean overall not only pvp/siege skills) to have castles

Garn.

just tested aggression in pvp.
same as before = totally useless.
spammed aggro with almost 1k atk speed, he didnt change target not even once.
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x

Peorexo

Quote from: Garn. on March 19, 2014, 12:11:55 AM
just tested aggression in pvp.
same as before = totally useless.
spammed aggro with almost 1k atk speed, he didnt change target not even once.
funny cos when i was testing it with friend on bishop/tank, like every 2nd/3rd agro i got his target and like 1:5-6 i was chasing him cos of agro.

Garn.

Quote from: Peorexo on March 19, 2014, 10:47:58 AM
funny cos when i was testing it with friend on bishop/tank, like every 2nd/3rd agro i got his target and like 1:5-6 i was chasing him cos of agro.
used more than 1k mana on aggression, never changed target.
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x

Chicks

So em. Yeah. Deflect arrow toggle was consuming mana like crazy and had animation. Anything about that?
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76

BRANDEN

Quote from: Chicks on March 21, 2014, 05:54:23 PM
So em. Yeah. Deflect arrow toggle was consuming mana like crazy and had animation. Anything about that?
Quote from: BRANDEN on March 14, 2014, 04:20:12 AM
well drake could you at lest disable the toggle mana consumption on deflect arrow, and make it like holy armor and aegis Stance?
so at lest we wont have to toggle it on/off everytime we fight a mob using bow too.
meh i tried too but no answer.

Chicks

Quote from: BRANDEN on March 22, 2014, 12:37:22 AM
meh i tried too but no answer.

Yeah I saw your post but couldn't assert your claim. AFAIK, it has a mana cost thats is relatively low. It seem to drink 100% of my tank's mana regen, which makes it look like everything is fine at first, but you just never regen mana.

I noticed an important difference with a BD (so not a high lvl deflect arrow), where the mana consumption was pretty high.
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76