Tank "nerfs" - Page 24

News:

Main Menu

Tank "nerfs"

Started by R0gan, February 24, 2014, 03:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=drake=

We have done more tests on our side.
See changelog for upcoming changes in Deflect Arrow.

BRANDEN

Quote from: =drake= on March 22, 2014, 03:48:28 PM
We have done more tests on our side.
See changelog for upcoming changes in Deflect Arrow.
honestly i don't see why the need for mp consumption on the toggle, the mp consumption not so big to hinder a tank during pvp but it keeps us from keeping it on at all time during farming..etc like holy armor/weapon.
the mp consumption is just there to annoy us with no real reason, i understand nerfing the effect to balance but why it drain mana too???!!!

=drake=

Quote from: BRANDEN on March 22, 2014, 06:11:01 PM
the mp consumption is just there to annoy us with no real reason, i understand nerfing the effect to balance but why it drain mana too???!!!

Because they cant cancel it out from you.

BRANDEN

but archers doesn't have cancel...unless its archer/nuker which would be weird.
and before you made it a toggle even if it were to get canceled it could be insta casted again, so i still don't see a good reason for it.

Chicks

Quote from: BRANDEN on March 22, 2014, 06:11:01 PM
honestly i don't see why the need for mp consumption on the toggle, the mp consumption not so big to hinder a tank during pvp but it keeps us from keeping it on at all time during farming..etc like holy armor/weapon.

Depending on your class it IS a big issue. My tk is mana hungry in pvp with aggression spamming + guard stance + shield forteresse (and in some cases some 3rd class toggles too, fortitude if I recall the name.) Combined with deflect arrow it's just not worth using it. The gain I get from all other spells for even a short duration (30 sec for exemple) greatly overcome the gain I would get from keeping deflect arrow up, simply because deflect arrow is specific to archers while guard stance/shield fort is useful against all figthers, archers included.

I guess we'll wait for the actual mana consumption of the change, as the rule is not listed (or I missed it) before criticizing too much, but on paper it's ok. It does help tank/daggers or tank/duals, but still does nothing to full tank setup (not that I expect much love in that aspect, but just saying).
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
Quote from: Brownxtown
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76hYNCxHBUE

=drake=

Quote from: Chicks on March 24, 2014, 06:07:39 PM
I guess we'll wait for the actual mana consumption of the change, as the rule is not listed (or I missed it) before criticizing too much, but on paper it's ok. It does help tank/daggers or tank/duals, but still does nothing to full tank setup (not that I expect much love in that aspect, but just saying).

But for your point of view what is the pure tank setup beside an unsubclassed tank?

Chicks

Quote from: =drake= on March 24, 2014, 06:48:22 PM
But for your point of view what is the pure tank setup beside an unsubclassed tank?

a tank using, MAINLY BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY, a blunt/sword as main weapon. Switching to bow/pole when needed (pvp mainly, pole can be used to farm faster too). Tank/glad, tank/WL, tank/summoner, tank/healer (as figther with Acu wep, seen it before), tk/sws (I guess SK/BD could work too but it's not optimal. At all) and lastly, DA/PAL. This is the general vision I have of a pure tank.

For my previous post, regarding having all toggles on, read it as : a tank oriented in defensive capabilities, not offensive, for mass pvp (siege mainly)/RB.
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
Quote from: Brownxtown
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76hYNCxHBUE