Web Analytics
PvP system suggestion

News:

Main Menu

PvP system suggestion

Started by silent_death, March 19, 2014, 03:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silent_death

Hello, I'd like to suggest a PvP permanent event that brewed up in my head today.

We already have that Ultra kill announcement in place, so it will be very similar to that. Rules as follows:

•Double Kill - 2 kills
•Multi Kill - 4 kills
•Mega Kill - 6 kills
•Ultra Kill - 8 kills
•Monster Kill - 10 kills
•Ludicrous Kill - 12 kills
•GODLIKE - 15 kills
•HOLY S**T - 20+ kills

Rewards:

- Holy S**T status player receives prize upon death.
- Guy who kills him receives lesser prize

Guidelines (THESE CAN BE IMPROVED TO FILL UP HOLES FOR EXPLOIT)
- Noblese ONLY (to prevent abuse)
- Kill streak counter back to 0 upon player death or log out
- Different IP's only within kill streak (each IP would only account for 1 kill to prevent abuse)
- Kills of clan/ally members do not count
- Easily controlled by GMs since kill/IP list accessible
Your friendly neighbourhood forum troll.

=drake=

Or people could simply join GoE and have a full fledged pvp system with dedicated arena with mixed raidbosses and pretty much good rewards.

LadyZENITH

Nah, highly expploitive. Invite other party, kill each other for a while = profit. The server gives pvp points for killing people from different IP's. Thats all you need, party of other guys and you will just harvest-kill each other + 100% bishop ress and free coins. That would ruin the server instantly.

Hell, even whole clans that are in wars may get together to exploit this. Never underestimate the human nature for greed.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

zocha

Fr3zer - TH/PP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_c5d6VrdZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESjqET27qf0

Peorexo

if there is systemsg from h5
u have info from pvp up to +100pvp points
Not really need to making more spam msgs

N!k

plx no.
I guess some1 is not enough with farming dualboxes in goe D:
[Stalingard! Dnx15]    HNofs 2005-2014 Offline
[Fear Tarax3]             Narayan  2014     Offline
https://www.facebook.com/StalingradTeam
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2vjKyzWi09g5yT_oSH7YfQ

silent_death

Quote from: =drake= on March 19, 2014, 03:54:34 PM
Or people could simply join GoE and have a full fledged pvp system with dedicated arena with mixed raidbosses and pretty much good rewards.

What I gather from word of mouth is that not many people use it.. I personally I am not very interested in having to go into an enclosed space to PvP, it goes against the whole concept of the open world that is L2. I'd rather be running across the wide-open terrains we all love so much.

Quote from: LadyZENITH on March 19, 2014, 03:56:00 PM
Nah, highly expploitive. Invite other party, kill each other for a while = profit. The server gives pvp points for killing people from different IP's. Thats all you need, party of other guys and you will just harvest-kill each other + 100% bishop ress and free coins. That would ruin the server instantly.

Hell, even whole clans that are in wars may get together to exploit this. Never underestimate the human nature for greed.

Sorry that made no sense - the different IP thing can be applied across to this new system so that these exploits don't happen. I don't see how the same controls from the GoE can't be applied across.

Chicks

Quote from: silent_death on March 19, 2014, 06:52:10 PM
What I gather from word of mouth is that not many people use it.. I personally I am not very interested in having to go into an enclosed space to PvP, it goes against the whole concept of the open world that is L2. I'd rather be running across the wide-open terrains we all love so much.

Sorry that made no sense - the different IP thing can be applied across to this new system so that these exploits don't happen. I don't see how the same controls from the GoE can't be applied across.

I talk to the other clans in the alliance, we both gather 2 full party, and 1 by 1 we killeach others and repeate.
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
Quote from: Brownxtown
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76hYNCxHBUE

silent_death

Quote from: Chicks on March 19, 2014, 07:28:03 PM

I talk to the other clans in the alliance, we both gather 2 full party, and 1 by 1 we killeach others and repeate.

You gonna kill 20 of your allies without dying whilst they let you? Pretty easy to figure out if you're doing it.

Chicks

Quote from: silent_death on March 19, 2014, 07:49:11 PM
You gonna kill 20 of your allies without dying whilst they let you? Pretty easy to figure out if you're doing it.

You know, they can put up a semi fight too. Pulling punches exist... Ever lowered a Destro for a RB or pvp? Same shit. Controlled damage. He MAY die, if he get a huge crit, but it's unlikely. It could also look like a mass pvp, where maybe 1-2 accidentally die, but everyone else is lowered and 1 dude finish them off for the cash, then it rotates or he just keep going and pay them afterwards.

Vent/TS/Wtvr will help you do that very easily.

Your idea cannot work. Those allies doesn't have to be in the same clan, nor in the ally. Rerolls would do, they just have to relogg when it's their time to get the cash.
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

silent_death

Quote from: Chicks on March 19, 2014, 07:53:17 PM
You know, they can put up a semi fight too. Pulling punches exist... Ever lowered a Destro for a RB or pvp? Same shit. Controlled damage. He MAY die, if he get a huge crit, but it's unlikely. It could also look like a mass pvp, where maybe 1-2 accidentally die, but everyone else is lowered and 1 dude finish them off for the cash, then it rotates or he just keep going and pay them afterwards.

Vent/TS/Wtvr will help you do that very easily.

Your idea cannot work. Those allies doesn't have to be in the same clan, nor in the ally. Rerolls would do, they just have to relogg when it's their time to get the cash.

EDIT: Check original post edit guidelines. It's very easy to figure out parameters to prevent abuse.

Chicks

You realize that this takes away resources to develop said feature, from other frankly more important stuff (lag/bugs and banning/jailing scammers/bad users). It also takes time away from event creation, which is, IMO, a better source of PVP improvement, even if it's only for a limited time. Having to check every time a killing streak happen is time consuming... Why can't you have fun without having a reward? If you only want the ingame item, maybe you're not playing for the right reasons... And if you need that incentive to pvp, it's kinda lame...

Even with your limits, it's still easy to exploit... Leave clan, it's 1 day CD anyway, make a char just for that (the end grinding will be worth it...).

Don't tell me "we can keep track of who kill who"... because this will start to make a very long list of stuff to implement just for 1 functionality that will or will not enhance pvp...

I understand your concern, really, but I don't think this is a proper solution. Anyway GM's will decide.
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76