PVP - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

PVP

Started by PunkeD, April 26, 2014, 02:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naiz

Quote from: Furesy on May 08, 2014, 10:35:53 PM
What's the max number of players in a clan? Something like 120 right?

Should change back to 40, for few reasons.
- Private servers can hardly sustain a large number of players (and therefore clans) these days. (Glory days of L2 are long gone)
- The smaller the clans, the more amount of clans you need to support the same amount of players. Now combine that with small alliances, there won't be enough castles for all clans, which leads to more fights. (and even if some clans make peace and arrangements, there's bound to be some discomfort, which always leads to drama!)

C4 all the way, just with smaller alliances!

Oh and hi, just droppin' by!

That would be nice.
Vash aka Mardun / SoBOtA / ChriSBrowN

Naiz  / Teutates

ExCiDiuM / CaerSidi

Xarion

- Private servers can hardly sustain a large number of players (and therefore clans) these days. (Glory days of L2 are long gone)
- The smaller the clans, the more amount of clans you need to support the same amount of players. Now combine that with small alliances, there won't be enough castles for all clans, which leads to more fights. (and even if some clans make peace and arrangements, there's bound to be some discomfort, which always leads to drama!)

Hello,

What you mean here? Technic, or?
-------------
Official DN FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dragon-Network/149250778434489
------
Follow us @ tweet:
https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=DragonL2

remeron

Quote from: ^Xarion^ on May 09, 2014, 09:05:42 PM
Hello,

I think he means "attract" instead of "sustain"....wrong choice of word..

Csenky

Quote from: ^Xarion^ on May 09, 2014, 09:05:42 PM
Hello,

As I see:
More and more members in a clan > more problem, more controversy. The game itself has a much smaller player base, therefore we need more stable players. Stable players need stable clans.
When there is a way to make a single clan (or an allience of 2 clans) to get such numbers of players like it is possible in IL, of course more players will wanna join for the free lootz and easy noblesse. But these clans disappear much faster, than a stable, 20-30 members of a small friendly companionship/society/whatever.
Few reasons:
- Epics/Raids aren't dropping enough stuff to make a good loot rotation for 100+ players, and we didn't even count the ally yet.
- 100+ players are unlikely to be from the same country (of course many ppl speak english, but I bet they wouldn't prefer it over their mother language - but strong clans recruiting by gear/level, not by nationality)
- Clan too stronk? Boring.
- Clan too weak? Better try a bigger clan.
Meanwhile if there are max 40 members, that's 4 party at max, most likely no more than 2-3 parties online at peak time. It would create more alliances > that leads to more organization > that leads to better PvP experience > that leads to interesting sieges > 3 castles wouldn't be enough to support the  biggest clans.. etc etc.
And imagine how many sides would rise up this way.

I don't hope anything about it, I don't think it would be possible, or how could you even do it after this time, I'm just trying to point out, how I see, because looking at Furesy's post, looks like we think similar.
Shadow x10: Zsu
Tarantula: Lycan

zocha

oi nuba  :D
Fr3zer - TH/PP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_c5d6VrdZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESjqET27qf0