SUGGESTIONS/IDEAS FOR THE UPCOMING SERVER| NO SPAM | - Page 7

News:

Main Menu

SUGGESTIONS/IDEAS FOR THE UPCOMING SERVER| NO SPAM |

Started by Picksy, August 18, 2016, 07:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clonage

Quote from: Tessellate on August 24, 2016, 02:49:36 PM
wassnt there already a plan to make a box come out of the rb after it died, and you can get the questitem from opening the box. like on the baium quest.

When i was still playing there was the ideia of barakiel spawning a box with the staff in it. I don't know how it is atm. And tbh i don't know how complex it is to make that happen.

Quote from: Picksy on August 24, 2016, 03:38:52 PM

By the way, regarding the NPC buffer situation. If servers dieing too fast is a problem, having NPC buffer just makes it worse doesn't it ?

Yes and no.

No:
As i see it alot of people from substack servers are able to effectively solo farm because of how the DN system works. You get your main DDer, Dual box 2 character that are full support(ex: ee/sws & BD/SE) and do whatever the freak you want.
Of course an organized group/clan will get gear faster. But having less and less people looking for group/clans will start to tear down the MMO aspect of the game. Specially in a game where grouping needs 9 people. I dont think there's any other game out there were party setups require more then 6/7 people.

The only solution i see to this problem since it's substack, is only to allow 2 Boxes(Main+buffer) per PC because theoretically it is still 4 boxes compared to a "retail" server.

Yes:
If Boxing is actually reduced to 2, supports become alot more important. Right now the npc buffer bitch slaps on PPs and SEs. You do not need them for leveling.
Tweak #1: Removing the NPC buffer would make people actually invite supports for farm. Because you cant have everything Boxed.
or
Tweak #2: Instead of removing the NPC buffer, removing important buffs or lowering the actual level of these important buffs, such as Empower Zerk and Clarity, would make these classes more important for mid to high level farming.
This way if people want to create a boxed buffer they actually have to think what do they prioritize.
Mage example: more DPS(dances), more stable farming(EE) or something in between (SE).

IMO only basic pp buffs should be on the npc buffer. Acumen, btb 5, bts 5, haste, focus, DW, shield and m.barrier.
The most frustrating thing that was happening to me as a support player in previous servers, where they had this type of npc buffer(pp+ee+se) and i didnt have a CP to play with, people that play Solo DDers will just go solo leveling because there's no need of actual support players.

Quote from: somasz on August 24, 2016, 03:58:02 PM
Its important to keep alive every possible pvp spot. Baium its obvious - ring >> pippete so any alternative way is ok. But barakiel? Shorter respawns and small window is ok, but not chest.

Even with lower respawn timer people were crying because clans would just come and kill it. New players/Solo would never be able to get it unless someone invited them just because they felt generous. Happened alot to us. Countless times.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

somasz

clan hall buffs.
enough for low lvl pve or some random antharas quest etc

Neliel

Quote from: Jardiro on August 24, 2016, 11:50:31 AM
Where can i sign in?

You are already the main member of this party , find few more to complete the CP and we are ready to go!

Monastery Of Silence in my opinion is one of the spots that can be considered as the area of "custom" farm zone of something (items to get Staff of Kylar to become Noblesse) , FOG Ketra Varka IT Stakato Nest are already filled with important Quests and i cant remember easier zone.

Neliel

Quote from: somasz on August 24, 2016, 05:02:21 PM
isnt getting "staff of kylar" illegal and will lead to jail because of ?

But the idea of MoS has something in it to be considered in the future.

OFF Topic : ..... LF Close Range Combat CP ..... Send Personal Message .....

Morel

Quote from: Easley on August 23, 2016, 09:17:40 PM

1. No changes after launch! Everything that is announced at beginning has to stay (for consistency).True, ask expiranced players who played here/had CP for feedback about balance on beta (dont listen to forum warriors [; ) Same with donny items Not rly, time to time spellbooks events were not bad. Even adding highter grade EQ after some time (when even casual players were able to craft it) is not bad idea, so "new" players can catch up faster
2.Cut resist arrow effects in half for more variety of classes Meh, it should be tested on beta, after all there were archers party on last server
3.No self recharge at all  Can be
4. lower mana costs for song/dance drastically (stacking songs and dances take ALOT of mana and because of that it isn't working well with other subs than supports ) Yes
5.Mana pots only work in pve Yes
However i fell like it can lead to mana burn fiesta. So there wont be any fight with DMG, just party ud/pranah etc >> mana burn spaming >> 20 sec >> who had more mana burners won fight -.-

Not necessary but extra thoughts:
- Global GK to Epic bosses (zaken ship, anthy heart, valakas Klein)(also locations inside hellbound later on) Nope, nobless tps are ok
- Remove custom pots and tattoos? Nope

Quote from: somasz on August 23, 2016, 09:53:07 PM

My things to add/change:
- keep high lvl qa/zaken/core/orfen
- make open world epics (qa/core/orfen) unable to be healed
- alternative way to get red pippete knife

3 x YES

Barakiel / Cabario / TOI bosses are OK right now 6h+/-1h
NPC buffer is OK right now (regular buffs , without clarity/wm, without resists and ofc no s/d)
Imo decrease olimipiads time from 4h to 2h per day. As far as i remember it was 6pm-10pm so basicly prime time. In last two weeks people had to choose if they want to camp oly or go somewhere with party. Ergo less mass pvp ;<<
I want our TOP NUMERO UNO Mystogan to run around with us, instead of killing everyone on arena ;<
Morela - True hero of common people

Picksy

I think that the mana pots for pve is already enough adding the nerfs to the tank subs . In my opinion self recharge can be the same. We are obviously only talking about it, not really testing it ingame so those kinds of changes should be done on a closed beta environment to really see if after the nerfs to the tank subs and the "no mana pots in pvp" are enough to balance it out, or if mage parties still need the "no self-recharge" thing

Clonage

Quote from: Morel on August 24, 2016, 06:46:18 PM
- Remove custom pots and tattoos? Nope

Care to elaborate why not?

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

Vexim

/*offtopic
Quoteisnt getting "staff of kylar" illegal and will lead to jail because of ?
It depends in which country you are living :D
*/

Most important thing is what kind of server will it be? Low, mid or high rate? I guess it will be similar to Hellraiser?

On Hellraiser there was HUGE gap between some of the so called 'mile stones' of character progress, while leveling and gearing up with a grade/s grade was quite nice and not tiring at all, due to increased rates of stakato/fog/ketra,varka quests (i rly liked it, maybe only quests for s weapons recipes were little too fast), dropping orichalcums for dyna (recipes and parts were kinda okey) was pain in the ass, as far as i know it was changed later on, but still, id like to see some smoth transition between those stages. (sure dyna sets are top ones and should be considerably harder to obtain than s grade, but i dont want to see situation where i have enough recipes/parts for 4 sets and not enough orichalcums to craft 1 :P).

- Big YES for mana pots out of pvp, but how will it exactly work?
My first thought: Character that is FLAGGED cannot use mana pots, no matter if it is in combat or noncombat mode and character that is NOT Flagged can use pots in both combat and noncombat mode.
In this case mana pots would be only PVE thing.
BUT what about sieges or PVP zones where characters are NOT Flagged? Will they be able to use pots? So there could be some problems in implementing this idea.
Second one (simple one): Characters that are in combat mode cannot use pots. Plain and simple, you wont be able to use mana pots while fighting other players or mobs. BUT there are still some problems:
Heals and Recharges (+ some other skills) dont make chars enter combat mode, so even during pvp while bishops or elders are not attacked by others (+ are not attacking) will be able to use pots and still heal/recharge party members.
Even such a simple thing like this can create some problems that need to be taken care of.

- Adjusting/nerfing some skills is obvious, Deflect Arrow and Shield Mastery + some shield toggles are top priority.

- I hope You will add aditional (elemental) enchant routes for some skills (glads,tyrs,daggers etc) like it was on Hellraiser.

- Custom pots and tattoos. I dont like them at all, but they are some kind of feature on DN servers so i wont make big drama about them.

- Raidbosses (both epics and normal ones) random window reduced to +/- 1h + pvp zones (working ones...)

- Vote rewards. It MUST be implemeted from start, also it MUST be worth to vote. There was post about it somewhere with nice ideas like buffs or something like that.

- Oly period. IMO it should be 2 weeks + oly should start some weeks (2?3?4?) after server opening. Adding some aditional rewards abtainable for NGPs would be nice aswell.

- Remove additional mana consumption while dancing/singing, its stacksub after all and some stacks have to spend mana for many other things + make dancing available with all weapons.

My things to add/change:
- keep high lvl qa/zaken/core/orfen
- make open world epics (qa/core/orfen) unable to be healed
- alternative way to get red pippete knife
+3

Well thats it for now.
"When a Malkavian speaks, listen. When a Malkavian acts, leave. When two Malkavians gather, run."

somasz

Quote from: Vexim on August 24, 2016, 07:10:43 PM
Second one (simple one): Characters that are in combat mode cannot use pots. Plain and simple, you wont be able to use mana pots while fighting other players or mobs. BUT there are still some problems:
Heals and Recharges (+ some other skills) dont make chars enter combat mode, so even during pvp while bishops or elders are not attacked by others (+ are not attacking) will be able to use pots and still heal/recharge party members.
Even such a simple thing like this can create some problems that need to be taken care of.

This is actually good to increase players skill lvl on mass pvp.
Eg. you are elder and have to decide, stay back and recharge teammates with mana pots on or be agressive and mana burn ppl. In other hand, you see elder behind enemy lines - poke him to add some mana problems.
Kinda interesting for me  8)

Picksy

ye, and also enforces the "oh shit, we're out of mana", start running until you're out of combat to get mana back

somasz

And what is wrong with that? Most important pvps are to defend/get control of some part of map - epics/sieges/rbs/exp zones

Vexim

Quote from: Morel on August 24, 2016, 06:46:18 PM
Imo decrease olimipiads time from 4h to 2h per day.
It was 6h (from 18 to 24) pain in the assssss ^^

BTW, after ANY change, no matter if it is skills or gameplay stuff, make a detailed changelog about it. (not :UD/VG effect nerfed with robe, but: UD/VG effect nerfed to 30% with robe, that 'small' % and other similar things are VERY important.
"When a Malkavian speaks, listen. When a Malkavian acts, leave. When two Malkavians gather, run."