Started by ZuUuUuUuU, February 14, 2017, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZuUuUuUuU

When will wipe this server :) ?

Vendettacz

when you stop donating.
professional retarded driver

Barbaro

Do you guys realize that all these "wipe & bb" topics dont help bringing new people right? if i was a newcomer and came here to check the community and what's the server status i wouldn't bother playing here, wont even download the client, it gives the "imminent dead server" impression so why i should spend time doing something here, something that sooner or later is going to disappear like a damn house of cards falling in any moment. Many current players share the feeling and right now the desire of getting your gear, lvl up or complete any quest is dropping. Cant blame any of you dont get me wrong, its a bit of drama with real and reasonable concerns.

This impression is reinforced with the recent low activity from DnStaff not replying this topics (cmon staff giving a 2-3 lines answer or statement takes like what? 1-2 minutes? to busy to do that?) plus the ingame and forum "rumours" like the one in djvancho topic.

Imo DNstaff should close and disappear such topics soon as they give an answer. in the past Track was like "stfu everything is good, people are joining and playing stop the nonsense" and now just silence  :-X
lvleenmee plis, adenas, quero nuevas skills!!

Tarantula ~ Barbaro gladi and 2 destro, bd, 6 dwarfs, wc, pp, se, moar dwarfs... they r fun n  epic.

Clonage

Quote from: Barbaro on February 14, 2017, 08:24:57 PM
Do you guys realize that all these "wipe & bb" topics dont help bringing new people right? if i was a newcomer and came here to check the community and what's the server status i wouldn't bother playing here, wont even download the client, it gives the "imminent dead server" impression so why i should spend time doing something here, something that sooner or later is going to disappear like a damn house of cards falling in any moment. Many current players share the feeling and right now the desire of getting your gear, lvl up or complete any quest is dropping. Cant blame any of you dont get me wrong, its a bit of drama with real and reasonable concerns.

This impression is reinforced with the recent low activity from DnStaff not replying this topics (cmon staff giving a 2-3 lines answer or statement takes like what? 1-2 minutes? to busy to do that?) plus the ingame and forum "rumours" like the one in djvancho topic.

Imo DNstaff should close and disappear such topics soon as they give an answer. in the past Track was like "stfu everything is good, people are joining and playing stop the nonsense" and now just silence  :-X

Inactivity by DN staff will always be a thing. They had good ideas like free 24h TOP  A weapons + SA to help new players to catch up. They also had newbiepack on last server, dunno why it wasn't implemented. But their rate of work is kinda slow and i can tell you why.

Alannah is the only person who can manipulate server files.
Track is kinda like Community manager even tho he's Head Admin(?).
Drake is web dev.
Evacuate forum mod? I don't even know if he has access to gm acc ingame. Doesn't matter.
Extender dev ???? unknown

So as you can see you have literally 2 people who work server sided.
It's hard to invest on DN when you have full time jobs + family + random events that happen irl. Having 2 people who work on different aspects on server will make alot of down time in development. For those who don't know what the extender is(im also not 100% sure myself) it's basicly a way to change functions and other stuff  that is not in plain text. For example changing m crit formula from Gracia Final to Hellbound, changing the protocol of which L2 clients can connect to the server (in this case it's changed to HB client obviously), custom stuff like auto loot, substack itself(since i haven't seen any change to the system itself i would say it is extender based with added tables in db) and etc.

Tbh there's nothing you can do to improve this situation unless they get more people to join DN staff. And from their previous experience with SAM i dont think they will recruit anyone.

Since it's the only "decent" substack(1+1 mid rate no BS) people that actually like this type should play the game. With all the mess that happened there's no way i'm gonna keep playing vs people that didnt work for their stuff. One thing is to buy legit items with Coins/irl money other is to get jewels ,gear,  enchants on skills, bot, items from NPC, etc.
"Now" i understand how fast some people had S80 without farming in HB. Not going to name anyone but you know who i'm talking about.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

Barbaro

sadly i cant tell who didnt work his arse off to get s80 i was too busy playing my fun but cuestionable style with many characters as if this was interlude while everyone else were making their first steps into hellbound, ive heard rumours tho, involving people from every side.

Staff inactivity is a thing i know, something usual when everything is going with np but lately it feels like they dont wanna answer/interact in some way with the community, not even with the classic "stfu and play"track answer to every qq topic and when that happens i feel worried lol. Dunno whats going on with em Irl if track is getting married or alannah is building a rocket, whatever it is they can find a couple of min to write something, people nowadays communicate everything regardless time issues, while they poop, cook, work, r sick, busy in anyway idk, plus they are part of the community its not just us the whiners, forum users and players.

i understand everything you said, sht that must be done here or fixed can be slow af, a message to us shouldn't, cant find any excuse right now and believe me some words can make a huge difference (even if its a lie).

meanwhile people hesitate and dont know if should leave, keep playing or take a break, btw donation is ok and specific stuff as reward too, rl money isn't (direct payment for top-most wanted items) it promotes RMT presence and then bots begin to do their sht hoarding adena, drops, searching exploits, bugs etc also encourage the "pay 2 win" status and for that we can just go and play on Naia, Freya or any retail server.
lvleenmee plis, adenas, quero nuevas skills!!

Tarantula ~ Barbaro gladi and 2 destro, bd, 6 dwarfs, wc, pp, se, moar dwarfs... they r fun n  epic.