Web Analytics
Systemmsg-e.dat (You carefully nock an arrow)

News:

Main Menu

Systemmsg-e.dat (You carefully nock an arrow)

Started by Bailadora, October 21, 2017, 02:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bailadora

You carefully nock an arrow

Hello, is it forbidden to modify Systemmsg-e.dat? I hope it's not.
I tried to remove "You carefully nock an arrow" with L2 File Edit and L2 Lige, but it still shows up in game, as if it's not using my file at all....

So what's the policy on this? I never seen a server that forbids this yet.

Alannah

Well keep that line in systemmessage.dat, only delete the message itself, that way it shouldn't show up. We are not forbidding such thing..

after you change your setting dont run game by updater.. cause it will simply update files back..

format should look like this:

41   1   u,\0   1   79   9B   B0   FF   a,   a,   0   0   0   0   0   a,   a,battle\0
[url=http://support.dragon-network.net] Support [/url]

Bailadora

Quote from: =^Alannah^= on October 21, 2017, 02:54:46 PM
Well keep that line in systemmessage.dat, only delete the message itself, that way it shouldn't show up. We are not forbidding such thing..

after you change your setting dont run game by updater.. cause it will simply update files back..

format should look like this:

41   1   u,\0   1   79   9B   B0   FF   a,   a,   0   0   0   0   0   a,   a,battle\0
What a relief, hey that's exactly what i did!
Assuming the file is "Systemmsg-e.dat"? cos i couldn't find it spelled as "systemmessage.dat".
I never run the updater unless asked to. I use L2.exe on the system folder.
But still the message appears. :S

EDIT: Wait let me move L2 out of C:\ like you have it, seems like having it in C won't let you save a lot fo stuff like skills bar position and now this.

EDIT2: Yep, working after moving L2 to D:\  ;D
Go figure... Win10 sucks.
Thanks!

Alannah

weird stuffs... structure and folder protecion (required admin privs) etc.. well W10.
[url=http://support.dragon-network.net] Support [/url]