Previous topic - Next topic

HerrMayer

HerrMayer :  C4
LadyZENITH : C4
reddragonjr : C4
__Metallica__ : C4

whos next to add in the list
;D
when you read the forum, your eyes bleed...

Clonage

C4 lol. Why not prelude, KappaRoss. There's alot of reasons why L2 doesn't pull the same numbers as before, some of them being there's better games out there where you don't need to nolife to be competitive, outdated classes and mechanics, progression is horribly balanced, overpowered boss jewels, classes dependent of these jewels, being dependent on 8 other people playing specific characters, etc etc.
Put 2 classes in one character and you add another layer of problems that will surge, balancing issues, good compositions harder to pull off outside of CPs(in retail you just need a sws, in substack you need a specific combo, sws/ee for mages or sws/sr for archer, or you are at an huge disadvantage, it's not good enough to have sws/whatever.), skill stacking, etc.

The "good" thing is there's fixes to theses issues even in private servers but developers are just not dedicated enough to devote their time into developing fixes or something new to see if it actually creates or brings back old player base.

I could easily list flaws in substack/l2 and also fixes/changes that would improve the overall gameplay to every type of player but tbh i'm not seeing them ever be implemented so why bother...

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

HerrMayer

Quote from: Clonage on December 03, 2017, 04:32:32 AM
C4 lol. Why not prelude

bcz prelude will last how much? 1 week ?  short game imo

i think c4 is ok, few bugs to fix and not mention every upper free server files are bassed on C4, even hellbound is bassed on C4

there is no REAL lineage 2 server files out there
all of them are bassed on C4
only 2 oath of blood versions both of them are non real server just attached DLL  to the 656 server version that extend protocol to 709
well dVamp Interlude got on his own
i dunno much of it bcz there are so many versions...
then gracia final leak
and for more info ask drake lol xD

Barbaro

Uhh well let me tell ya what i think... I think DN has managed a 4-5 month server model where they can get some moneys the first couple of months and then the amount will decrease as people get stronger and rely even less from those XP items, with more lvl, better toons and CP/Clans consolidation as well players won't need those donation goodies as they would in the 1st month or something so that's less money and idk how much it cost to keep this thing running but if that moneys is not enough welp... a corrupted gm appears, a mysterious exploit, some OP god like gang, corrupted database or anything that allows em to kill the server and then wait some weeks to start a new 4-5 months proyect, idk how's the situation here i left this place when the HR 2.0 failure happened but be afraid, panic when they don't reply, interact with ya for weeks, thats a sign of imminent GG and save ur breath (typing) they didn't listened the community tips, suggestions or anything when HR2 had a chance to be fixed so why should be different this time?
I wouldn't be surprised if the staff is running sum bots and play the RMT role to get extra cash, there's always that guy who buys billions of unnecessary adena and hoards items.

Serv progression sounds good but till Hellbound or something bit higher (gracia final?) can't expect em to create something that competes directly with D15X that won't happen (another Freya-High five is like giving teh mid finger to D15x). And as Clonage says this game is very old now with so many new games dancing around, to that add the poor interaction from the staff here and ingame plus the advertising (reddragonjr) and hundreds or thousands private serv around. This game was designed and lived with those hardcore korean grind mmo mechanics (to keep teh monthly free ofc) and many dont want /cant spend more than 2-4 hours a day anymore (not me or many 25y + old players who experienced this 10 years ago, maybe teenagers oh wait... they're playing CoD wwII, PUBG, BFII, LoL, newer mmos... Lineage II? what's that?) but requires you to invest that and much more time like it or not, if you dont you'll be the practice target for CP's, donators and people who reach the endgame content within weeks.

I've seen argument bout how inefficient and ignorant players are, that you don't need "no life" to be strong and achieve valuable things, mostly that argument comes from experienced players who ignore all the above specially that some people won't even Wiki or read pmfun guides to improve how they play coz they already "know" how to play, at least at basic level which ok i agree, its inefficient but again, most don't care and will stay ignorant they won't invest more time reading and practicing and recruiting members with specific roles and classes to form CP's and play at specific hours or leading alliances getting a big zerg to fight the strongest group blablabla.... So what happens? they either quit coz cant compete or just ignore and avoid the strongest group, then that group gets bored because there's no one to fight (they already reached endgame stuff remember? pve is over and it wasnt a thing for those "pvp" players) and also quit or do some oly grind and sit at giran stairs every day showing pure awesomeness.

Also some experienced players say that certain things are easy af to achieve but they don't consider that not everyone has the same knowledge, time, desire, priority, support or resources so what they answer? "LOL not my problem git gud nub" and months later you can see how they throw all the wealth at giran plaza and quit an almost empty server and never realize they were a "death squad" that cleaned the server from noobs which represent a big % of the server population so yeah you can say thx to all the efficient and pro gamers you did ur part.

Quote from: Clonage on December 03, 2017, 04:32:32 AM
C4 lol. Why not prelude, KappaRoss. There's alot of reasons why L2 doesn't pull the same numbers as before, some of them being there's better games out there where you don't need to nolife to be competitive, outdated classes and mechanics, progression is horribly balanced, overpowered boss jewels, classes dependent of these jewels, being dependent on 8 other people playing specific characters, etc etc.
Put 2 classes in one character and you add another layer of problems that will surge, balancing issues, good compositions harder to pull off outside of CPs(in retail you just need a sws, in substack you need a specific combo, sws/ee for mages or sws/sr for archer, or you are at an huge disadvantage, it's not good enough to have sws/whatever.), skill stacking, etc.

The "good" thing is there's fixes to theses issues even in private servers but developers are just not dedicated enough to devote their time into developing fixes or something new to see if it actually creates or brings back old player base.

I could easily list flaws in substack/l2 and also fixes/changes that would improve the overall gameplay to every type of player but tbh i'm not seeing them ever be implemented so why bother...

Can't disagree, imo Dn should play the cosmetic game and throw some lootboxes, custom sht and skins they didn't add enough skins for the IC shields and, just shields? ohh yeah the hats .. meh, actually i liked the alien mask.
I hope they dont kill Ayrin or Balder, i'm not playing here anymore but don't wish people fun ends like happened with tarantula or late hr2, they should decrease the gap between noobs and experienced players allowing an early pvp scene, im not saying "turn this into 100000x rate" just some changes like half the amount of materials to craft armors and weapons, recipes available at regular vendors (no more grinding for days to get a recipe and mats) leaving the epics as the main challenge or modify the way ppl enchant equipment not allowing lollypop lightsabers idk making a server where everyone gets almost the same equipment and leave the rest to pvp skill and politics, better yet, apply the changes to ayrin or balder if necessary when population decreases like every game does with a patch and you'll bring lots of ppl back even ppl who quitted the server that's much better than making new servers again and again.
lvleenmee plis, adenas, quero nuevas skills!!

Tarantula ~ Barbaro gladi and 2 destro, bd, 6 dwarfs, wc, pp, se, moar dwarfs... they r fun n  epic.

Clonage

Quote from: HerrMayer on December 03, 2017, 05:11:13 AM
i think c4 is ok, few bugs to fix and not mention every upper free server files are bassed on C4, even hellbound is bassed on C4

I was being sarcastic... You're wrong. HB from DN was downgraded from GF. It's alot easier to remove/change stuff then to create or replicate how new content should work.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

HerrMayer

Quote from: Clonage on December 03, 2017, 06:12:27 PM
I was being sarcastic... You're wrong. HB from DN was downgraded from GF. It's alot easier to remove/change stuff then to create or replicate how new content should work.

no im not wrong coep hellbound svn is c4 bassed
about DN hellbound version Alannah alrdy said is GF bassed
what is ur point mate ?

Escaflew

I don't know, really.. I was trying to play these new servers as much as I could, but the the same feeling I had years ago, when I played on Nightmare/Dragon is gone. Things were much different back then and there is no way you can make it the same, just no way to do it. You know why? I've said it many times, but I will say it again. People change, the game is old. I doubt there are people who are currently starting to play the game and wanna try it, especially on a private server like this. 99.99% of the people here and on every other private server are old school players which are having real life to atttend to. Responsibilities. We are not the kids from highschool/university that had 12 months a year free time anymore. That's one of the major "problems". The game was special back then. I remember going to Enchanted Valley walking on the road from Hunter's Village to level up and when I get there I just realized that I forgot to buy soulshots and then I laugh to myself and soe'd. Same think happened not a long time ago to me and my friend and he just quitted the game and said he doesn't have time for this. See? People think differently now, people change and no matter what you try to bring back, no matter how good it is, people won't last for too long, even if they were back just because nostalgia hit them to the knee. Also as you said, there are exploiters, rushers and many other factors that destroy the game much faster than back then, when people actually enjoyed the game just because they loved the game and HAD alot of time to play. Things are way more complicated than that, though.. This is one thing.
Also C4 for the win, best memories!

HerrMayer

HerrMayer :  C4
LadyZENITH : C4
reddragonjr : C4
__Metallica__ : C4
Escaflew : C4

whos next to add in the list
;D

Jardiro

abusinG

Dragon ~ React1on:* Brera ~ Astroboy - and MOAR [OFF]
Tarántula ~ Tea Party:* MadLife ~ abusinG ~ Trikitriki [OFF]
Hellraiser HB ~ React1on:* Brera ~ OneForAll ~ AllMight ~ Merlin OFF

reddragonjr

Tarantula SS2 Ninja TrIBaL The Shaman!
Dragon x15 Severance Ninja!
gl/he c2-c3 begin
TrIBaLu th/wl c3-c4-il-Hb
|TrIBaLu| he/pp c4-il-Hb
Always outnumbered! Never outgunned!