Web Analytics
Feedback

News:

Main Menu

Feedback

Started by Clonage, January 26, 2023, 04:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clonage

Not really interested in starting myself, might log here and there to help a few friends.
Still giving my feedback since DN was a project where i have "wasted" lots of my time.

Some of the changes that would make me CONSIDER even thinking about making my own character:
  • Stop rushing servers out. There's barely anytime for engagement to be created between the community. There has been 0 skill changes from prev server. The best thing you can do is show interest that you want to deliver a good server and take your time doing it. Substack needs more attention than a retail like server. I haven't seen Frintezza NOT bugged in years on DN. Respect our time
  • I would prefer a more oldschool approach to the game. No combo disco, force cooperation. Even tho i think the bard(bd/sws) class design is horrible, it's too easy to be fully buffed with combo disco. Substack already makes support availability higher but might make it less optimal in situations like a mage party in need of a sws but there's only SR/sws available. Combo buffs are fine.
  • Make dwarfs substack w/e class they want. Like Spoiler/SWS
  • Keep spellbook requirement to learning skills. Past servers removed the SB requirement. Try to keep the market as untouched as possible
  • I would take a look at Lifestone 76 drop tables, it's worse than Mid LS 76. It's probably a chronicle thing but it makes 0 sense.
  • If there's enough interest for HB chronicle there's an open source extender for GF/GE, maybe it's worth to look into for a downgrade
  • Fix weapon mastery, there was a "bug" "last" server because gm's thought they pushed a certain change for the first beta,  but they didn't, so they had to "rebalance" the whole thing. Hint: it was between p atk and auto attack pvp dmg.
  • Highly enforce the +1 box rule. The best server i ever played is 1 client per player(and 1x  ;) ). It made everything have it's own value, clan halls(specially the buffer), friends list, support players, etc.
-----
For epics you want to add to the timer so it rotates time zones, something like:
Queen Ant 26h + 2h
Core 38h + 2h
Orfen 38h + 2h
Zaken 50h + 2h
Baium 126h + 2h
Antharas 198h + 2h
Valakas 270h + 2h
Frintezza 50h + 2h

It's just an example but it's better than retail values. The +2hr are total random(no idea if the mechanic is +- hrs, doesn't change much, the idea is still the same). No one wants to camp baium for 8hrs and most ppl would agree that its not fair for epics to be stuck on 1 time zone.
-----
Other stuff and questions:
Something may be wrong with the dynamic rates, where did level 85 come from? Max level in Interlude is 80. So it becomes 30x -> 6x?
Improved jewels like orfen and core?
Are epic bosses retail like in terms of stats and levels?
HB fully accessible at server launch? What dynasty sets are available? Level 2 shoulders and class based?

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

Plahvix

SpoilerAngel

Nobody asked

Quote from: Clonage on January 26, 2023, 04:05:24 PMNot really interested in starting myself, might log here and there to help a few friends.
Still giving my feedback since DN was a project where i have "wasted" lots of my time.

Some of the changes that would make me CONSIDER even thinking about making my own character:
  • Stop rushing servers out. There's barely anytime for engagement to be created between the community. There has been 0 skill changes from prev server. The best thing you can do is show interest that you want to deliver a good server and take your time doing it. Substack needs more attention than a retail like server. I haven't seen Frintezza NOT bugged in years on DN. Respect our time
  • I would prefer a more oldschool approach to the game. No combo disco, force cooperation. Even tho i think the bard(bd/sws) class design is horrible, it's too easy to be fully buffed with combo disco. Substack already makes support availability higher but might make it less optimal in situations like a mage party in need of a sws but there's only SR/sws available. Combo buffs are fine.
  • Keep spellbook requirement to learning skills. Past servers removed the SB requirement. Try to keep the market as untouched as possible
  • I would take a look at Lifestone 76 drop tables, it's worse than Mid LS 76. It's probably a chronicle thing but it makes 0 sense.
  • If there's enough interest for HB chronicle there's an open source extender for GF/GE, maybe it's worth to look into for a downgrade
  • Fix weapon mastery, there was a "bug" "last" server because gm's thought they pushed a certain change for the first beta,  but they didn't, so they had to "rebalance" the whole thing. Hint: it was between p atk and auto attack pvp dmg.
  • Highly enforce the +1 box rule. The best server i ever played is 1 client per player(and 1x  ;) ). It made everything have it's own value, clan halls(specially the buffer), friends list, support players, etc.
-----
For epics you want to add to the timer so it rotates time zones, something like:
Queen Ant 26h + 2h
Core 38h + 2h
Orfen 38h + 2h
Zaken 50h + 2h
Baium 126h + 2h
Antharas 198h + 2h
Valakas 270h + 2h
Frintezza 50h + 2h

It's just an example but it's better than retail values. The +2hr are total random(no idea if the mechanic is +- hrs, doesn't change much, the idea is still the same). No one wants to camp baium for 8hrs and most ppl would agree that its not fair for epics to be stuck on 1 time zone.
-----
Something may be wrong with the dynamic rates, where did level 85 come from? Max level in Interlude is 80. So it becomes 30x -> 6x?
HB fully accessible at server launch? What dynasty sets are available? Level 2 shoulders and class based?

thusard

Quote from: Clonage on January 26, 2023, 04:05:24 PMNot really interested in starting myself, might log here and there to help a few friends.

-----
Queen Ant 26h + 2h
Core 38h + 2h
Orfen 38h + 2h
Zaken 50h + 2h
Baium 126h + 2h
Antharas 198h + 2h
Valakas 270h + 2h
Frintezza 50h + 2h

-----
lets make shots not auto,need to be like c1, F1 attack / F2 shots
and spam F1 and F2

Taro

Quote from: Clonage on January 26, 2023, 04:05:24 PM
Yes the lifestone drop are horrible as i remember from previous servers + NM & MAJ recipes/fulldrops were not correct as well. These are the things i remember. Probably a lot more going wrong in the droplist.
My suggestion would be to get a new and better droplist.

Clonage

Quote from: SpoilerAngel on January 26, 2023, 05:22:20 PMNobody asked
Haji if you dont stop trolling i swear to god i will buy all ikea pandas in the world and set them on fire.

Quote from: thusard on January 26, 2023, 05:24:29 PMlets make shots not auto,need to be like c1, F1 attack / F2 shots
and spam F1 and F2
Is this a bad attempt at sarcasm?
If you're mocking the oldschool part of my feedback then you're stuck in time. Most competitive servers modernize a bunch of classes(where these mechanics were copied for DN latest servers), we're talking about combo disco, multiple combo buffs that don't even exist in retail, changing buff mechanics all together like prophecies being self buffs etc.
I prefer HB and GF over trash interlude. But newgen modernization of classes is overkill for substack.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP

CJ2000

ADDING THIS:

- restrict to 1+1 box maximum!!! in this way removing passive pole mastery from destro and giving resist to 2h swords for RB wouldn't be mandatory

- combo disco is not an issue if there is restricted boxes, also having 1 bard in party will be interesting in creating party combination

+GekKey+

+1

I also a played on this 1x server and it the fun was as close as it could get to old dnet time in terms that there were parties, action and player cooperation etc... the server felt alive instead of farmers + box.

SpoilerAngel

Where is my promised draco bow +f +10?

Btw, dont allow dual box otherwise its gay but its ok.

Clonage

GMs... I know this SpoilerAngel guy has been trolling but what he reported about the items and his characters are true lol. No idea why you deleted those posts. I was with him when it happened.

This is not 5M daggers, it's not even a single dagger. It was 1 dagger that got dropped and picked. But for some reason it still shows the item on the ground with a random number of stacks.

• Level 4 tattoos missing
  • Forgotten scrolls missing to test improved buffs.
  • 2x Magnus on npc buffer, missing G shield
  • Im looking into mana burn, value is way to higher compared to last server i played. Mana storm value was identical but single target wasn't. I'll be looking into some videos to compare.
    Values on a clean EE fully buffed TM robe set, no zerk with 2k+ mdef, -5men, +6%mdef tattoo: Storm 160s, single burn 299 lol. I will try to look into videos of other servers. I'm thinking it might be a formula nerf from HB+ that was being applied on the server i played. Still, these values on current obt are ridiculous. A caster can easily get 450+ mana burned if it doesn't fully stack towards mdef.
  • Hide was not implemented previous server because it was doing crit error for whole party. It still is doing.
  • Tateossian Jewel set missing

Still no answer regarding my questions ...

RetardedCP/AbyssCP

SpoilerAngel

Quote from: Clonage on January 28, 2023, 06:10:17 PMGMs... I know this SpoilerAngel guy has been trolling but what he reported about the items and his characters are true lol. No idea why you deleted those posts. I was with him when it happened.

This is not 5M daggers, it's not even a single dagger. It was 1 dagger that got dropped and picked. But for some reason it still shows the item on the ground with a random number of stacks.

• Level 4 tattoos missing
  • Forgotten scrolls missing to test improved buffs.
  • 2x Magnus on npc buffer, missing G shield
  • Im looking into mana burn, value is way to higher compared to last server i played. Mana storm value was identical but single target wasn't. I'll be looking into some videos to compare.
    Values on a clean EE fully buffed TM robe set, no zerk with 2k+ mdef, -5men, +6%mdef tattoo: Storm 160s, single burn 299 lol. I will try to look into videos of other servers. I'm thinking it might be a formula nerf from HB+ that was being applied on the server i played. Still, these values on current obt are ridiculous. A caster can easily get 450+ mana burned if it doesn't fully stack towards mdef.
  • Hide was not implemented previous server because it was doing crit error for whole party. It still is doing.

Still no answer regarding my questions ...

Clonage

Don't name this server Tarantula, it's misleading and disrespectful to our nostalgia... Last Tarantula was 8+ years ago.
I keep testing and keep getting disappointed. You can level up past 81 and enchant 3rd class skills... Which isn't a bad idea but there's 0 info about it. This wasn't even a feature on last server and it's not mentioned at all on any forum post regarding features/changes.

This had NOTHING to do with Tarantula. It's just another poorly managed DN Substack server.

Sigh...

RetardedCP/AbyssCP