Web Analytics
2 computers, 2 routers

News:

Main Menu

2 computers, 2 routers

Started by Nabz0r, June 09, 2010, 11:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nabz0r

Is the rule about 2 chars per pc available? And how will a gm know if its different machines?Cuz i have pc on DSL and laptop on Wireless. They both get same ip's sometime because they use 2 separate routs ( one normal, one wireless) and sometimes i get ip conflict problems. Need someone to clarrify this for me.

Noob and Beyond

Astr0

I have almost the same problem: we have big LAN with few 9-floor buildings in there and they all use 2 100 mbit internet connections with traffic balancing. External IPs are the same for all those (about 70-100 PCs). Me and 2 my friends are playing here and my bro will start too after exams. Will we be banned for quadro-boxing? And what if any of my friends will use l2walker? All characters who logged in from LAN will be banned???

P. S. To fix IP conflict set IP manually in network connection properties or configure your routers to assign IPs from different ranges.

ChillyWilly

I talked to Torn and Descent about that very thing ingame...  they said that they won't ban without checking first to see if there are really more than one player.  as long as nobody goes afk for a long time with their char on follow, you should be ok.  as for the walker problem, IDK.  maybe they can dig deeper than the IP, I know I heard somewhere that individual pc's have another "ip" address that they can check if they are willing to push just a few more buttons...

Astr0

Yes, every PC have external IP (visible from internet, the IP of router) and internal IP (IP in lan, not visible from the internet). I don't think that GMs can see internal IP if it's not transmitted by LA2 client itself. And as far as I know it's not. The same for MAC address.

What if someone will make shop and go afk? We played on Infinity about year ago and there was no problems... but here new GMs and new rules.

ChillyWilly

one of my friends used to be a GM, and said they could find the MAC address (thanks for reminding me what he called it :) ), but then he was on official, that might make a difference.  as for setting shop, thank goodness we have the offline shop option!  I use it, and it's the best new thing in the game!  I wish every server would get it, I might play more on Arena, even go back to Dragon15 once in a while... :)

2nFear

Quote from: Astr0 on June 09, 2010, 11:58:36 PM
we have big LAN with few 9-floor buildings in there and they all use 2 100 mbit internet connections with traffic balancing. External IPs are the same for all those (about 70-100 PCs).
In my town there is one big LAN with just 1 External IP ( around 2k people) . I just hope they dont play here :D

Nabz0r

bump, waiting for gm answer pls

Noob and Beyond

jailaa

when you are checked for more than dual box, we check ip first but we also look at char behaviour. if there are truly 4 chars from 2 computers even if 2 are dualbox 2 should behave like normal players not box / follow

Astr0

And what about afk / shop in town?

And what about ban for l2walker? In some topic you said that first you ban bots and add all players who logged in from that IP to watch list.
If anyone will bot from this IP again you will ban all those characters. Am I right?

Quote from: jailaa on June 08, 2010, 04:22:46 PM
This is your one and only warning ! We will ban ALL accounts logged from that IP !

Like I said : if your brother / sister / mother / father / friend or pet is playing on the same lan, have them stop or they will get you banned too. No excuses of this type will be accepted.
Ofc we can kick his a$$ in RL after first ban, but that won't 100% guarantee that he will stop botting... So if someone will get 2 bans for bot from the same IP than players from the whole LAN will get ban, even if he never logged in using their accounts.  Seems not fair :(
Can't you check hardware ID / MAC address of individual PC?

Nabz0r

Quote from: jailaa on June 10, 2010, 10:11:25 AM
when you are checked for more than dual box, we check ip first but we also look at char behaviour. if there are truly 4 chars from 2 computers even if 2 are dualbox 2 should behave like normal players not box / follow
I mean, can i have dualbox on my computer, and keep one buffer on my laptop?Im not talking about l2w....just logging chars.

Noob and Beyond

Meto

Quote from: ChillyWilly on June 10, 2010, 12:52:22 AM
one of my friends used to be a GM, and said they could find the MAC address (thanks for reminding me what he called it :) ), but then he was on official, that might make a difference.  as for setting shop, thank goodness we have the offline shop option!  I use it, and it's the best new thing in the game!  I wish every server would get it, I might play more on Arena, even go back to Dragon15 once in a while... :)

MAC cannot be seen if u are behind router. Well it's depend what set's router has, but those thinks are reject most of time for lan security. So i can log 10 bots to farm at different place`s. in 5 partys with 2 ppl and all will be ok? Also walker is old stuff. There is better ones wich ppl start to use. And dear Jailla on those programs screenshot wont help u :). U know what i mean don't u? Soulution is bot protection, but far as i know that protection is for login server not game server. So drake wont put that protection on DN.  If he don't want to destroy servers totally. This is the true, but nobody wanna accept it :) cheers

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Nabz0r

Quote from: Nabz0r on June 10, 2010, 02:27:32 PM
I mean, can i have dualbox on my computer, and keep one buffer on my laptop?Im not talking about l2w....just logging chars.
bump bump...need answer

Noob and Beyond