Web Analytics
exp and partyexp - Page 8

News:

Main Menu

exp and partyexp

Started by =drake=, January 18, 2014, 11:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyZENITH

Yes yes, agree, parties were about friendship, or getting together to grind at places where alone you could not. It was never (and should not be) about "ok inv you cause we get higher bonus". And that I say as person who has many buffpets so... yeah.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

PepsiQQ

omg just change the rate already, what are u waiting for... 170% is clearly winning.

kwolu

Quote from: PepsiQQ on January 20, 2014, 12:23:19 PM
omg just change the rate already, what are u waiting for... 170% is clearly winning.

Didnt you left already ?:/

WinKedz

Now suport cant exp because no one want invite ppl... better exp alone lol... change this exp...

=drake=

Quote from: Simao on January 20, 2014, 11:52:53 AM
Drake,

How was this setup looking in the past (IL) on Infinity/Dragon. I think that it's smarter to learn from history then to do the math all over again and reinvent the wheel. The whole purpose of exping in party was that you could not exp alone in certain places that offered nice rewards (spoil/drop/quest etc).

In past the setup was no partyexp to maximum 110% (that's a +10% in party)

Simao

Quote from: =drake= on January 20, 2014, 01:01:49 PM
In past the setup was no partyexp to maximum 110% (that's a +10% in party)

And we survived and a lot of people played in party for the above reasons. I think you hear a lot of whine because ppl wanted to create a dual box buffer/support and thought it's going to be the same as if they exp alone. Having read what you stated in this topic I would be more conscious about the inflation and general economy rather then exp experience - if the market get thrown out of balance it's going to hurt a lot more in the long run then the "fast exp". If ppl want to go and exp in vos or other good solo exp locations so be it but then they will wake up around lvl 60+ that a C-grade set and weapon is no longer enough to continue - that is when clan/party becomes essential (apart from the social side of such play style). My best advice would be cancel the poll and setup it the way you see most fit. As with everything server will still have some "childhood" problems but it should stabilize in the long run. 

All we see or seem, is but the dream within the dream ...

Mael

I agree with WinKedz. Running in a party must be rewarded and 25% more (as it is now) is not enough because this 25% is the time you spend on running from mob to mob and on waiting for a re-spawn. 70% more is rewarding enough for random people to actually want to run in groups.

However the best case scenario is still a dynamic party exp rate. Raging from 150% with only 2 people (150%*exp/party_count) and 200% (or more) with 9 people in a party, with the adena drop unaffected ofc.
So the formula would look something like this: [[(150+(50*(party_count-1/8)%)*(exp*dynamic_rate)]/party_count] in addition the all the level difference modifiers ofc. :)

I'm just thinking loudly here, so please feel free to ignore. :)
Ignus SH 7x

sm0g

Quote from: Mael on January 20, 2014, 01:13:23 PM
I agree with WinKedz. Running in a party must be rewarded and 25% more (as it is now) is not enough because this 25% is the time you spend on running from mob to mob and on waiting for a re-spawn. 70% more is rewarding enough for random people to actually want to run in groups.

However the best case scenario is still a dynamic party exp rate. Raging from 150% with only 2 people (150%*exp/party_count) and 200% (or more) with 9 people in a party, with the adena drop unaffected ofc.
So the formula would look something like this: [[(150+(50*(party_count-1/8)%)*(exp*dynamic_rate)]/party_count] in addition the all the level difference modifiers ofc. :)

I'm just thinking loudly here, so please feel free to ignore. :)

Too much math for me, but if you have to wait for respawn then you are in wrong position with your party.
null.void

Blizzer

Now exping with alacrity pot is better and faster than with party, at least on lvls 40-49 ...
The Special One
Blizzer TH/DA 43x HERO - reloaded as TH/PAL
20+ HERO on other dagger classes
DaggerAllStar

Garn.

Quote from: Blizzer on January 20, 2014, 02:04:33 PM
Now exping with alacrity pot is better and faster than with party, at least on lvls 40-49 ...
unless you're a tank  8)
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x
First Hero GS on server :D

Vendettacz

I think some people discovered America again. And i bet, before this discusion you had no idea what party bonus exp means.

Ofcourse it's nonsence to exp in cementery with full pt. It's location for max 2 people. Or running around Cruma with full pt. That's just WTF.
professional retarded driver

lNecropsy

Quote from: Vendettacz on January 20, 2014, 02:35:15 PM

Ofcourse it's nonsence to exp in cementery with full pt. It's location for max 2 people. Or running around Cruma with full pt. That's just WTF.

+1

Exp in full pt was never great. There are few places where it would be good, like in LoA x4~x5 mobs.
MAYBE on some catacombs.

x2 mobs are for 2-3 ppl.
Necro (psy)
RedKnights Clan