Web Analytics
To Track,Drake and old players!

News:

Main Menu

To Track,Drake and old players!

Started by reddragonjr, November 26, 2017, 10:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddragonjr

I rarely do make serious posts,or topics but...I wanted to do this since a long time so here it goes.

First of all you know that I got lot of respect for you Track and Drake.I never trash talked you guys neither the new servers that came up in the last years.I never cheated and never got banned in 12 damn years and I know I'm not the only one, there are still many cool guys out there.

Second I got big respect for every old player ( friends, enemies ).There are times when we tease / flame each other in forum or in game it's common but never something serious like real insults towards family,race,religion etc.
Some do it but I know most aren't serious and do it in a rush of rage,joke w/e, in reality they are cool guys if you get to know them, excluding the trash ( toxic ppl,exploiters etc. ) there are some, like in every other game.

Now to Track and Drake,Tarantula was your 1st project guys and the best one, you know it,like I know it and every old player knows it.
You guys did put a lot of effort in that sever and hell there were times when it felt better than old dragon,nightmare,infinity,shadow.

To make it short it felt like home.

Why?

Because Track was so nostalgic that he even played on the server a bit after waaaaay long time ( don't ask me how I know it ;D )
Even Drake became so nostalgic that he began posting again on forum ( yeah miracle :D ) every update / fix, something very rarely from him.I know that Drake reads the forum from time to time but he doesn't post because of trolls, flamers etc.

It had the most online players, I think it was over 2k+.
80% of old players ( friends,enemies ) came back and played there.

That server took 3 serious big stabs and still lasted more than 1 year.
1st stab some rushed fast to endgame and sold epics for $,2nd stab some exploited the hell of it ( I don't have to mention names they know who they are ) and 3rd stab some corrupted GM's.

Hellraiser - was good but I didn't had that "thing"
Ayrin - was best pvp server no doubt about that.
Balder - I don't know what it is...cause for sure it isn't Dragon Network...it has nothing from DN in it,although I play it once in a while since I can't play other.
Tarantula - was perfect It had everything...it had a soul,nostalgia, it felt like home.

So now I'm asking you Track in the name of every old player to put Tarantula back, you still got the files when server went off.
You could do it in the place of Ayrin you don't have to delete files just shut it down.
And you don't have to pay extra $ since you said 1-2 months ago that you payed Ayrin maintenance like 6 months in advance, so you could put up easy Tarantula in the place of Ayrin and nothing would be lost.
For sure donation will come once Tarantula is up.
You just need to spam the emails from forum or spam facebook and old players will come and spread the word.

We the old players need a home and a stable one.Even when we go...we do always come back to check our home.
I think we deserve it since this Network lasted all this years due to You,Drake and old players...because with every new server more toxic players/exploiters came in our home,community.We need fresh players to,but not cancer ones.

They didn't add nothing to this network...they just pop from server to server rush endgame in every new server or exploit the shit out of it and than trying to sell items / adena for $

New players are always welcome but not toxic/cancer ones who sell/exploit.
And I prefer quality players friends,enemies ( that I know ) over quantity and I know you prefer it to like many others do.If we get 1-2k old peepz is more than enough.

Tarantula doesn't need updates and much attention since you and Drake fixed all bugs/exploits,it was perfect as it was when it went off.And you can still focus all your attention on Balder.The only update that Tarantula needed was to make tattoos permanent,many wanted that.

And the only thing that Tarantula needs is a wipe and one trustful GM with 0 power ( in case of abuse,corruption etc. )...just jail ppl,botters for some hours - day max until they "stop" eventually or get banned/perma banned if they abuse it too much.
And to do 1-2 pvp events once a month is more than enough.Since we had GOE event every day for 2h two times a day (ppl have different time zones ) so it was good for everybody.

^Floki^ can do it to.Since it won't be much work to log 1 time every 1-2 days and do 1-2 pvp events every month...of course if his willing to do it.Or you can do them like you did those 2 pvp events on Tarantula...still got the pics with your ugly dwarf lal.
I think you or ^Floki^ can find time for 1-2 pvp events once a month.

So yeah I welcome every old player that wants a home and a stable one to come and post here and spread the word.
And pls keep it out of spam or troll.The most of us are in they late 20's or over 30 ( 31 here ), act normal for once, no flames needed I'm serious.

You can pin this topic Track and put in a special section...dunno above Balder with title old players Tarantula or w/e.

I never wrote this much in a post ever...but it did it for all of you old peepz...and it means that I care,hope it was worth it.

Good luck to all.

P.S I hope you didn't lost the files else...Kurwa Mac ! wpierdol :)))
Tarantula SS2 Ninja TrIBaL The Shaman!
Dragon x15 Severance Ninja!
gl/he c2-c3 begin
TrIBaLu th/wl c3-c4-il-Hb
|TrIBaLu| he/pp c4-il-Hb
Always outnumbered! Never outgunned!

reddragonjr

Drake if you post here I will faint ( joking ) ;D

Shout-out to Kesy to, I know that he liked the server a lot because he played with us until the end :)
gl/he c2-c3 begin
|TrIBaLu| he/pp c4-il-Hb

Blizzer

And how was tarantula better than this weird server?
No custom pots, stupid tattoo system, disastrous dynamic exp rate system. Except name of the community tarantula wasn't even close to first dnet servers. The only thing that lured old folks was "yay it's interlude, it will be like old days". No it wasn't. After 3 months 50% left, after another 3 remained like 10% from first weeks population? Some things were balanced, some totally crap (hello daggers) because even if they claimed they got official files that wasn't true.

Probably with balder they thought that instead of usual dnet rush2win dudes they'll get casual game freaks, yet they forgotten there are other rush2win boys, just official-like lol
The Special One
Blizzer TH/DA 43x HERO - reloaded as TH/PAL
20+ HERO on other dagger classes
DaggerAllStar

Peorexo

Quote from: Blizzer on November 26, 2017, 10:40:05 AM
No custom pots, stupid tattoo system, disastrous dynamic exp rate system. Except name of the community tarantula wasn't even close to first dnet servers. The only thing that lured old folks was "yay it's interlude, it will be like old days". No it wasn't. After 3 months 50% left, after another 3 remained like 10% from first weeks population? Some things were balanced, some totally crap (hello daggers) because even if they claimed they got official files that wasn't true.

Probably with balder they thought that instead of usual rush2win dudes they'll get usual game freaks, yet they forgotten there are other rush2win boys, just official like lol
Yeah the dagger issue on tarantula was the real deal, i dont know how it could be that wrong

reddragonjr

Probably with balder they thought that instead of usual dnet rush2win dudes they'll get casual game freaks, yet they forgotten there are other rush2win boys, just official-like lol

Yeah man but you played with us only at begin and you left :/ many updates came after...
And yeah after 3 months server lost 50% because of those stupid exploiters...duping like freaks you know them :D and server went 1 month off...that was a big hit.

Quote from: Peorexo on November 26, 2017, 10:41:29 AM
Yeah the dagger issue on tarantula was the real deal, i dont know how it could be that wrong

Yeah 12k back stabs on newbs :))) sucks he missed that part,but shhh don't tell him much more.For sure you could have done much more dmg than me at max potential, I had just a poor pr/aw :D that wasn't even maxed out.
gl/he c2-c3 begin
|TrIBaLu| he/pp c4-il-Hb

SizeMatters

I agree that there was a lot of unnecesary custom stuff like tatoos on tarantula but no doubt it was much better than this one entertaining wise, pvps on golkies in C grade since first weeks and well, i played it for like 3 months whereas here i quit after 2,5 week i think it means something :)

HerrMayer

ure crazy as my idea of C4 srv

some ppl might say cool story bro

that nostalgia is smthing that many of us suffer

nightmare was good
arena was good
infinity was good

please insert boot disk
starting MS-DOS
laterz

when you read the forum, your eyes bleed...

Deferax

Taro

Morel

In general I agree with you.

But why you posted this "Stacksub community drama : We want new server" on retail server forum? People here are having fun, why do you bring them into conversation about stacksub -.-

This topic should be moved to Ayrin section.
Morela - True hero of common people

Naiz

Quote from: Morel on November 27, 2017, 02:00:07 PM
In general I agree with you.

But why you posted this "Stacksub community drama : We want new server" on retail server forum? People here are having fun, why do you bring them into conversation about stacksub -.-

This topic should be moved to Ayrin section.

Or to the trash, since gms's don't give a flying fck about what we have to say and what we want. So many years passed and you guys still think that your posts matter.
Vash aka Mardun / SoBOtA / ChriSBrowN

Naiz  / Teutates

ExCiDiuM / CaerSidi

LadyZENITH

Wow this thing made me log-in here after years, so here I go:

Look man, Tarantula was not that good. It had pretty much only thing going for it and that was nostalgia. It was so strong it even brought me back to L2, as long as many old players I knew from old infinity, but most of them did not last long.

The server itself had poor balance (worse than 2007 C4 infinity), the no pots tatoo system uugh, the dynamic exp system making early game even shorter was so bad idea, etc, etc. Even the community on Tara was cowardly, one clan blocking baium 200+ begging. Imagine that on old infi, the next baium everybody would unite and push trough. On Tara? The begged for few more weeks and then left the game. I remember pking few guys in BS just for the sake of some action only to see them cry and while "noble first then I pvp" while I was lower lvl than them. Isn't L2 primary about the plotting politics and drama? Well apparently for current players not and when they loose the rush to endgame race they just quit and go to different server. Tarantula even had many castles unsieged in NPC hands when people already had S grades, cause who cares right, sieges don't give me noble nor epics. That was the mentality on the server and it sucked.

TBH I do not even know why people favor Interlude so much. To me best was C4. Interlude has brought some ok balance changes on retail, but that was it. On the other hand some horrible gameplay changes. To name few, for example you no longer had chance to drop stuff if you die to mobs even with 0 karma, removing another risk factor from the game. Also, the weapon auguments, good idea, except it makes your weapons undroppable, aka another risk removed. Another problem, "summon" skills, aka male logged off ES on all important players, you log him in, he summons the WC, he gate-chants the entire clan here and boom you are all on top of TOI. The inclusion of shadow weapons making the early-game even shorter and more insignificant tho the late-game did not really get any more content. Like... thats bad for the game guys. Such as the clan system change, aka from the big ally 40member clans to big clans small ally. I think that was a bad change for the game.

But all of this is just my opinion I know, and its not the primary reason most of the old players left Tarantula rather fast. Nor are the exploits or ballance or such, that was the last straw for those still remaining, but most were gone by that point. The issue is they were drawn in just by nostalgia which makes us remember things in better light than they actually were, and then hit in the face by the reality of the game, and the reality of current day community and all, simply told they did not enjoy this so they left, thats all there is to it. 

No wonder tho, imagine a mid 30's guy working full time, some of them with family that log-in for 3 hours once every 2 days. In less than month he is facing guys in total endgame, ofc he is gonna drop it cause back in the day he was on top, and he will not be a non-factor, and the basic gameplay of L2 is pretty boring.

The stuff that made the game good back then is no longer present. Even if you would revert to what I for example liked the most, aka the 2007 C4 Infinity era (the real C4,not the 2006 one with the C1 beta server core, god not that one), it would still lack the drive, cause people already know everything. Back then we were all noobish, we took months to get to B grades, we fought even dwarf vs dwarf on spoil spots that were not even that optimal, nothing was optimal in our play, but that slow progress and constant clashing seeded the complicated player and clan relationships that actually made even the endgame fruitful when we eventually got there, and thus we played for years with joy. This does not exist anymore. The moment you start you will be hit in the face by whales and CP's that will rush to the endgame. Nobody will enjoy the daily play as they all did it before and know exactly where to go and what to do on every lvl, playing basically on rails. None of this screams fun. Even if you do your best to counter the rush, for example implement a system where the more you play the less your exp would be that would reset daily, making the differences between accounts smaller, it would not fix it.

The only fix would be more complex change, something that would derails the old tracks, change where sutff drops/spoils, change where which mobs are, change quests, change the way you obtain sub and noble, make it better not worse (worse equals easier here), do not milk it in your cashshop (well you can a bit the PVE parts, but not the pvp ones), balance stuff manually and dont be afraid to make swift changes when needed, but most important do not publish the bloody changes (except like char skill ones), make people explore and share info again, aka make it impossible to google pmfun and play on rails. This is the only way I can imagine it being good. I do not want to play another Interlude, not even another C4 TBH, because Iv played it before and Tarantula was a proof that this cammel's back is already broken, its too worn down, its on rails, all played it before, it sucked, and the next time it will suck even more, its overplayed.

Funny, the reason we still long for old L2 is because the modern MMO's are such a shit.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(