Fraps/Vegas h264 (avi) & AVC/AAC (*mp4) Guide

News:

Main Menu

Fraps/Vegas h264 (avi) & AVC/AAC (*mp4) Guide

Started by macris-0007, January 25, 2009, 10:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macris-0007

Fraps settings:

Use 25 fps because it is high enough detail for L2 (film movies are 24fps), and mainly because it keeps the file size smaller. Also make sure you have it on full size or w/e.

Code:
25fps vs 30fps:

1 second = 3kbits/s (example)
3000bits / 30frames = 100bits (12.5bytes) per frame
3000bits / 25frames = 120bits (15bytes) per frame
25fps = 1.2 times the quality of 30fps
Quality of 30fps @ 3kb/s = Quality of 25fps @ 2.5kb/s
Quality of 25fps @ 3kb/s = Quality of 30fps @ 3.6kb/s

Project Properties for Vegas (do this before when you open vegas, before you do any editing or importing):

To Open: " ALT+ENTER " on keyboard, or " File -> Properties " on top menu

i use 1440x840 but choose whatever resolution you fraps at

When you are setting the name and such of your rendered file, make sure you set it to be a *.avi file.

Render settings:

"File" -> "Save" .

"File" -> "Render as..." -> "Custom" ->

once again, i use 1440x840 but set it to whatever you fraps at

you can set the bit rate higher if you want but it will make the file bigger, 3k/s is pretty good, and seems to be the standard for L2 videos. If you use a high resolution for your videos, or you want your videos quality to be higher (if the video is shorter?) , you can go higher on the bitrate, but keep in mind how it will effect the file size. (Do the math. Length of video in seconds * Bitrate). 20minutes video : 3kb/s = ~550mb , 5kb/s = ~750mb , 8kbs = ~1.3gb

you can do multi-pass rendering if you want to, it makes the video higher quality. i don't usually do it unless I am rendering a long term project, because it takes about twice as long to render and can be buggy + have problems.

Multi-Pass Render:  (takes longer, but quality increase. optional.) :

Before you render it is very important to save your project! If your 1st and 2nd passes are different the file will be bad, and the video won't play/function !

1st Pass Render:

Make sure you go to the audio tab and disable sound for the first pass render (not the 2nd), so it renders quicker. Not required, but can help with speed of render.

2nd Pass Render:

Make sure your project is exactly the same!

If it is not, load the version of the project you saved before you did the 1st pass render.

To get to this screen do the same steps as your first pass render, but change the settings of this step to:

Make sure your filename and location are the same as your 1st pass render, if it does not ask you if you want to overwrite, then you are doing it wrong (most likely saving with a different file name / location).

The bitrate of your 1st and 2nd Pass renders also need to be the same.

------

** If you dont have that codec on your list then install:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...codec_pack.htm

Download the full one, and when installing it do the setting "lots of codecs + player".

h264 has a higher quality picture than XviD at the same file size.

*** Fraps Version 2.8+ , Sony Vegas Version 6.0+

-------
DragonNetwork ~ Nightmare 30x ~
* aDv *  BD/SH  
* DiablosII *  TH/WL
* Cracers *  HE/WK
proud member of ImmortalsLegion / Vend3tta / SINS /

a V a t a r s - v-CL
~ Nanaki ~ Celes ~ RPG ~ Arion ~ Asterios ~ Core ~ Hydra ~ DEX ~ Nanaki ~ Nightmare ~ RETIRED

ForTheSugarDaddy - BF4/LoL

macris-0007

AVC/AAC (*mp4) Guide

**1440x840 is just my resolution, set it to the same way you set your project settings

**Bitrate can be higher/lower, this is just the my recommended amount. If you change it keep the file size increase in mind.

there's nothing entirely wrong with mp4, but most viewers/users appreciate .avi more, due to it being a windows based format (wmp, etc).

--------------------------

Imo better is AVC/ACC and put Maxiumum (bps) 5,5 kk - 6 kk to Average (bps) 4,0 kk - 4,5kk
* aDv *  BD/SH  
* DiablosII *  TH/WL
* Cracers *  HE/WK

a V a t a r s - v-CL
~ Nanaki ~ Celes ~ RPG ~ Arion ~ Asterios ~ Core ~ Hydra ~ DEX ~ Nanaki ~ Nightmare ~ RETIRED

lordkimu

Fire ze gunzz ... lazersss   and missiles :P
and
U can't be smarter then smart bombs can U ?

www.eve-online.com

and   FLY with me :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFFXNm62UBM&feature=related

macris-0007

for ppl frapsing at resolution 1024 or 1152 u should use divx codec at hp 1080 ...same insane quality but wage is lower.
* aDv *  BD/SH  
* DiablosII *  TH/WL
* Cracers *  HE/WK

a V a t a r s - v-CL

DrAkhoo

SS2 squad Ninja Squad, Severance Kung-Fu Man

Deavon

I m looking (again) for Sony Vegas 7 or above working with windows 7 ,please anyone?

Luthor123

Quote from: Deavon on May 01, 2010, 12:35:37 AM
I m looking (again) for Sony Vegas 7 or above working with windows 7 ,please anyone?

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/276614857/sony+vegas+10?tab=summary

On your own risk.Didn't download myself.
Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
Nothing shows a man’s character more than what he laughs at.
An eye for an eye will ultimately, leave the whole world blind
There is no chance unless you take one