Web Analytics
Questions about retails and dn-sub

News:

Main Menu

Questions about retails and dn-sub

Started by masugly, May 07, 2009, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masugly

I'm having some doubts about the sub-system and i didn't find explanations for them. Please help me :)

My main char is sph, I made the 3rd job quest and then the retail quest and i choose a bd.

I understand that retail class doesn't share skills with the main class, so what's the advantage of doing it?

Now I want a dn-class to share skills with my main class, maybe sph/ps. Can I do it? In order to have this combination should I use the horn when using my sph? Would I have the 3rd job skills of my dn-subbed class (ps skills like assasin servitor) ?

thank you sooooo much for you answers about this! I'm confused! :)

Furesy

Retail sub is only usefull to get noblesse.

You can do DN sub on either your retail or your original class (but I advise you take your original class since making a cross-race char on your retail adds a few extra things you need to look out for)
Yes you can sub your Sph into PS, you'll be an SH/PS with skills from both classes. (you will have to do the PS 3rd class quest as well to get the PS 3rd class skills)

You need to accept the DN subclass quest at Sir Eric Rodemai at Aden square and obtain a Horn from Golkonda Longhorn. (it's a bit hard to get) After that you just go back to Sir Eric Rodemai and pick your subclass (PS) while on Sph stats.

digunan

DN sub with stack skills ---------> http://dnwiki.dragon-community.net/index.php/Category:DN_subclass

also mutant -------------->  http://dnwiki.dragon-community.net/index.php/Category:Mutant

Very good explanation - hope you will understand without problems.
Good luck.

masugly

Thank you soooo much for your responses. Now i have a better understanding of this.

I still have a doubt: I have my 3rd job done, can i do the 3rd job too with the new dn subclass?

A new one ( :p ): Noblesse can be taken with a char without retail and only with a dn-subclass?

thank you again

digunan

1. yes - every time you may witch between your classes trough sir eric rodemai in aden and make whatever you want in current class.
2. no

masugly

is it possible to have the same class for retail and dn-sub?

Furesy

Quote from: masugly on May 07, 2009, 10:31:40 PM
is it possible to have the same class for retail and dn-sub?
It is, BUUUUT, there's a small chance it gets bugged (if done wrong) and you can only do a 3rd class quest of each class once! This means if both your retail and DN sub are BD, and one of the BD is already Spectral Dancer, the other can never complete the 3rd class quest and therefor never get the 3rd class skills.

Caliburn

Quote from: masugly on May 07, 2009, 05:26:54 PM
Thank you soooo much for your responses. Now i have a better understanding of this.

I still have a doubt: I have my 3rd job done, can i do the 3rd job too with the new dn subclass?

A new one ( :p ): Noblesse can be taken with a char without retail and only with a dn-subclass?

thank you again

When you're subbed and ready to do 3rd class quest on the class you added (PS in your case), some parts of the quest NEED you to be on ps stats, like 700 mobs/4sep part. Since your doing a mage/mage sub, I'd say just stay on ps stats until you've become spectral master; think about switching afterward.

PS stats might be better though, I wouldn't know.
Tarantula:
- Solar

niran4321

Quote from: Caliburn on May 08, 2009, 05:25:43 AM
When you're subbed and ready to do 3rd class quest on the class you added (PS in your case), some parts of the quest NEED you to be on ps stats, like 700 mobs/4sep part. Since your doing a mage/mage sub, I'd say just stay on ps stats until you've become spectral master; think about switching afterward.

PS stats might be better though, I wouldn't know.

Sorry about posting in this old thread...but I'm still a little confused after reading this and the wiki.
Does that mean that if I have a character with the original class already in 3rd class and I add a DN subclass to that original class, I will keep the 3rd class status (eg. Sword Muse) and the 3rd class skills of my original class even if I de-level?

Also, will I be able to learn the skills I haven't learnt yet on my original 3rd class?

hcd

Quote from: niran4321 on October 02, 2011, 04:44:07 PM
Sorry about posting in this old thread...but I'm still a little confused after reading this and the wiki.
Does that mean that if I have a character with the original class already in 3rd class and I add a DN subclass to that original class, I will keep the 3rd class status (eg. Sword Muse) and the 3rd class skills of my original class even if I de-level?
After the last sub-system modification, you do no longer get deleveled when you DN-Sub any character. For example, if you have EvasSaint level 80 77,34% and you sub to MysticMuse (HORN), you will be EvasSaint/MysticMuse 80 77,34%.

With that update, it is also impossible to sub a char who has no 3rd profession completed. For example, you cannot sub an ElvenElder (HORN) until it is EvasSaint and min. level 78 0,00%.

In addition, every DN-Sub you add to your char (HORN) will have 3rd profession automatically. For example, if you sub your EvasSaint to Spellsinger, it won't be ES/SpS, it will be automatically ES/MM (= MisticMuse = 3rd professioned).

The only way to lose skills atm is to delevel by urself. Therefore the 9-level-border still exists. For example, you are MysticMuse and learned IceVortex on level 77. You keep that skill until you delevel to 69 0,00%. At the moment you reach level 68 100,00% (is possible), that skill will be removed.

QuoteAlso, will I be able to learn the skills I haven't learnt yet on my original 3rd class?
Is a common problem nowadays, one of the few dissadvantages of the new system. For example, you are MysticMuse level 77 but lack of SP to learn IceVortrex. You reach level 78 and get a Horn, sub the MysticMuse to EvasSaint.

From now on you can decide, on what 'stats' you play. You can play on EvasSaint stats, which allows you to use only specific dyes, grants you more hp, ... etc. But as long as you play on EvasSaint stats, you can only learn skills for that class.

If you go to Aden, next to the HeroMonument is a NPC called "Astral". For some adena you can switch the stats. For example, you would like to use an +INT dye (which not works on EvasSaint), so you switch to MysticMuse stats. Now you have all benefits of a nuker, but lower hp, mp, ... etc. As long as you play on MysticMuse stats, you can only learn skills for that class.

You can switch at "Astral" everytime as often as you want (as long as your adena lasts).
currently playing GuildWars2 [Ring of Fire]

niran4321