Web Analytics
Windows failed to start

News:

Main Menu

Windows failed to start

Started by our4n0s, May 16, 2009, 06:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

our4n0s

i shuted down normally my comp and restarted it right after, getting this message.
Im asked to :
1) Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer
2) chose your language and press 'next' etc
3) click "repair your computer".

The thing is i bought it from dell, it is a laptop and i had it with vista already installed. I guess I miss the CD they are asking for.
Otherwise i have a fully fonctional win xp cd that u launched (switching to start cd from bios) but it is xp, it tried to format with it but it said that it couldn't read the harddrive.
I guess it couldn't because i was on vista not on XP, however i ran from bios some hardware tests and everything was fine.

So, any suggestion?  :)
retired

Furesy

Don't buy pre-build PC next time :D

our4n0s

Quote from: Furesy on May 16, 2009, 06:35:48 PM
Don't buy pre-build PC next time :D
was cheap ! i have some 4-5 years guarantee anyway
retired

Furesy

Quote from: our4n0s on May 16, 2009, 07:23:30 PM
was cheap ! i have some 4-5 years guarantee anyway
So call them to fix it for you :p

milampalas

the word "PK" says smt to u?
Yesterday night I found a new HB secret skill called "leathal kick"...
I used it in my new pc ,cause it turns of and freeze screen more than 10 times in a day..
And guess what!! I killed it!
Hope my bro can fix it today:)
GO there mate!
8B007 TH/*PP for now...

KAStrulo

The XP disc couldn't detect your hard drive because probably you need to install the drivers of it before starting the installation. There are versions of XP rounding in the internet that have SATA hard drive drivers integrated, download one of those and you'll be ready to install XP.

iNs

Quote from: KAStrulo on May 17, 2009, 08:02:28 AM
The XP disc couldn't detect your hard drive because probably you need to install the drivers of it before starting the installation. There are versions of XP rounding in the internet that have SATA hard drive drivers integrated, download one of those and you'll be ready to install XP.

+1

and sometimes you cannot downgrade the win from vista to xp so that could be one of the problems too, imo format entire disk under bios, get sata drivers, and then try installing winxp.
A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.
HR: Eviltwist/Creasy/GotYouWet
TR: Creasy
NM: Creasy/iKeel/Eviltwist/GodGiven/VoxMaris/letmekill
DN: oh boy ...

koszmara

@ins: tell me how to format entire disk under bios  ???  :P
@our4n0s: try with vista start disk or download ultimate boot cd ----> http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

PADNIJ DE/TYR
jazdator SPS/TK
koszmara TH/DA
aramzsok HE/WL

iNs

Quote from: koszmara on May 17, 2009, 01:37:58 PM
@ins: tell me how to format entire disk under bios  ???  :P
@our4n0s: try with vista start disk or download ultimate boot cd ----> http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

any stupid fdisk or similar shit under bios? Get boot disk of win98 or so, and gogo with floppy.

ps. Vista is crap anyway :O
A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.
HR: Eviltwist/Creasy/GotYouWet
TR: Creasy
NM: Creasy/iKeel/Eviltwist/GodGiven/VoxMaris/letmekill
DN: oh boy ...

Baloo

Quote from: KAStrulo on May 17, 2009, 08:02:28 AM

I heard there were many hard drives made not to work with XP, only with vista... Not sure but I believe it's true, but still I don't know if it has something to do with the XP disc not detecting the hard drive.
Thamina lBaloo Kilhina GreenieFrog (main)

[URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bun.png][/URL]

[URL=http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pedobear05.jpg][/URL]

koszmara

Quote from: iNs on May 17, 2009, 02:01:32 PM

any stupid fdisk or similar shit under bios? Get boot disk of win98 or so, and gogo with floppy.

ps. Vista is crap anyway :O
not bios but dos :P

PADNIJ DE/TYR
jazdator SPS/TK
koszmara TH/DA
aramzsok HE/WL

KAStrulo

Quote from: Baloo on May 17, 2009, 02:05:50 PM
I heard there were many hard drives made not to work with XP, only with vista... Not sure but I believe it's true, but still I don't know if it has something to do with the XP disc not detecting the hard drive.

As far as I know every Hard Drive can work with XP. The only problem is that you must install the drivers of it before the installation (that's generally made with a floppy disk) or try this version http://www.mininova.org/tor/2363824 It has the SATA drivers integrated of most of the hard drives out there.

Another thing you need to have in consideration is to search the drivers of your computers for XP. Not every company gives XP support for their newest PCs.