Web Analytics
playable spoil subs?

News:

Main Menu

playable spoil subs?

Started by Klytus, May 19, 2009, 03:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klytus

spoil equals profits and i'm wondering what sub options would be good to do that full-time in-game...
i need some advice and evaluation of spoiler subs that i currently find interesting (suggestions are appreciated ofc):

sk/spoil
wins my heart atm, since it's a partial debuffer and has excellent shield def...
...and it's possible in that shmexy female skin...

glad/spoil
i saw this sub mentioned somewhere on this forum and i think it might be interesting.
would it have mana issues, becouse of the number of mana eating skills?
is it possible to spoil with duals?

pal/spoil
ai, self-res... sure it's powerfull but the popularity of pal is a major turn-off.
while we're at tanks... tk/spoil or da/spoil? ;p

tyr/spoil
a spoiler classic... but i kinda dislike fists ;/

the most important thing for this char is not ownage, but fun playing with it in pt and some efficiency...
and some additional info to help me decide: no rb jewelry. tallum heavy +5 set. s grade weapon with no sa.

and ofc, i considered ee/spoil is awesome for the obvious trolls.
Klytus, i'm booored...

ChillyWilly

grrrr... ok, I know I'm missing it, but I just don't get it.   Retail subs can be other races, but don't stack.  DN subs stack, but are the same race.  So how would you get something that (for example) has both Glad (human) skills and spoiler (dwarf) skills at the SAME time?  and if they don't, what's the damn point?

could someone please explain, in SIMPLE English terms that the poor old confused granny can finally understand?

Hank40

retail subs DO stack, its just you have to go thru all the quests to retail then sub, so its just alot longer.
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][/URL]

Klytus

Quote from: ChillyWilly on May 19, 2009, 04:37:54 AM
grrrr... ok, I know I'm missing it, but I just don't get it.   Retail subs can be other races, but don't stack.  DN subs stack, but are the same race.  So how would you get something that (for example) has both Glad (human) skills and spoiler (dwarf) skills at the SAME time?  and if they don't, what's the damn point?

could someone please explain, in SIMPLE English terms that the poor old confused granny can finally understand?

uhmmm... i see lots of mutants on nm... where do you play that you haven't noticed them? :O

+ a guide how to make them - http://dnwiki.dragon-community.net/index.php/Category:Mutant
Klytus, i'm booored...

kidicarus

grrrr... ok, I know I'm missing it, but I just don't get it.   Retail subs can be other races, but don't stack.  DN subs stack, but are the same race.  So how would you get something that (for example) has both Glad (human) skills and spoiler (dwarf) skills at the SAME time?  and if they don't, what's the damn point?

Ok heres the deal... Mutant walkthrough:

If you start let's say a Dwarf, you can only subclass it to other dwarfs if you try and subclass at lvl 76+.
But if you for example want lets say a Spoiler/Sk you will start with a completely diffrent class within the same race. Lets say i would like a spoil/sk in dark elf female skin. I would start a DE female character that is NOT sk... for example SH.
I lvl that SH up untill i can start retail quest.... i make my retail sub to the class within the other race that i would like to have. In this case Spoiler.

So now you have the spoiler in dark elf female skin. Now all you have to do is lvl that spoiler and get a horn. Once you've got the horn you can go to sir eric rodermai. Sir Eric is a bit dumb so he can't see that you are on your retail subclass.... so he's gonna give you the option to subclass as if you were a dark elf.
You the choose SK sub while you are at your spoiler subclass... Voila you have an SH// SK/Spoil.

As for the author of the thread.... I would choose SK/Spoil :) SK is the king of tanks, and if you have the HP of a dwarf its gonna be a monster. You will probably not do as much dmg as the other combos. But i really like the SK playstyle and shield defence :P

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

Klytus

Quote from: kidicarus on May 19, 2009, 11:16:38 AM
As for the author of the thread.... I would choose SK/Spoil :) SK is the king of tanks, and if you have the HP of a dwarf its gonna be a monster. You will probably not do as much dmg as the other combos. But i really like the SK playstyle and shield defence :P

thanks for the reply, it's greatly appreciated :d
i have also realized a tank sub would be better since my usual farm squad consists of mages and pulling aggro on myself could save the pt at times...

but i'm ofc open to more constructive input :D

Klytus, i'm booored...

Futile

granny english:  ( <3 )

Retail subclass =
- when we are talking about the subclass from the official server.
- Your Look stays, but your skills change completely.

DNet subclass =
- when u add a subclass, that is the same as your main class (Created char, look, profession)
- You get new skills from another class

Normal Dnet subclass char (the most common dnet char with skills from 2 characters of the same race)
Mutant Dnet subclass char (newly added system of subclassing, combines 2 characters of 2 different races)
people call it mutant, but to understand it better, we should call it a Bastard.

its a combination of elf + human for example. the outcome is an Elf/human hybrid.

lets say
A = main char class (this is how u created your char)
B = retail subclass (u did mimir elixier quest and can change your character to have totally different skills)
C = Dnet subclass (after hunting golkonda u can add a subclass from the same race of your mainclass)

A+C = Most common dnet subclassed char
B+C = Bastard subclassed char

i hope this is understandable.

PS: for topic creater.
the smaller your party = the richer your party gets.
i recently made a tyr/bh. simple of the fact. that i just need 1 support char (can be prophet only)
and i can solo everywhere. including dino with some effort.
with bison on. i dont even have to use mana for:

Stab mana (dagger)
nuke mana (mage)
support mana (supporter)
tank mana (aggression, tank etc)

if u need to pull aggro for your partymembers, then your party is not good.
if u really need to save your partymember, then make a support/spoiler.

the fact that sk is a partial debuffer doesnt win my heart, since most mobs, should die fast enough on a server with stacking subs.
u cant be bothered debuffing mobs, aggroing mobs, or whatever.
u have enough to worry, when u spoil and sweep.

whenever i make a small spoil party. i never want that the spoiler dualboxes a buffer or damagedealer.
a spoiler plays the spoiler. he has enough running + spoiling to do.
and whoever thinks spoiling is easy: is in a bad party, doesnt spoil good or is an easy mob area.

Klytus

Quote from: Futile on May 19, 2009, 12:01:03 PM
PS: for topic creater.
the smaller your party = the richer your party gets.
i recently made a tyr/bh. simple of the fact. that i just need 1 support char (can be prophet only)
and i can solo everywhere. including dino with some effort.
with bison on. i dont even have to use mana for:

Stab mana (dagger)
nuke mana (mage)
support mana (supporter)
tank mana (aggression, tank etc)

if u need to pull aggro for your partymembers, then your party is not good.
if u really need to save your partymember, then make a support/spoiler.

the fact that sk is a partial debuffer doesnt win my heart, since most mobs, should die fast enough on a server with stacking subs.
u cant be bothered debuffing mobs, aggroing mobs, or whatever.
u have enough to worry, when u spoil and sweep.

whenever i make a small spoil party. i never want that the spoiler dualboxes a buffer or damagedealer.
a spoiler plays the spoiler. he has enough running + spoiling to do.
and whoever thinks spoiling is easy: is in a bad party, doesnt spoil good or is an easy mob area.

oh damn... i agree spoiling is not as easy as one might think. i have played as a pure spoiler a few times in dino and it was always frantic with the constant spoiling and sweeping before the mobs dissapear...

isn't it too hard to handle with all the force that the tyr has to gather in order to use his skills? and isn't tyrant's mana consumption also high? i also don't have zaken which as far as i know is essantial for tyr subs to control the hp to keep it under 30%...

but you made me think of this sub...

also it's not a problem for me to share the wealth with good friends and playing solo has become a real turn off for me lately - i'd rather play a single player game instead...
Klytus, i'm booored...

ehlena

Spoil/destro or spoil/ty are just great.
Better spoil/destro, as you can use HP skills instead of MP skills, to let you spoil.

[url=http://heliosdaedalus.free.fr/laboman/]Laboratory Manager by Oleron[/url]

"We're working on it, please be patient!"

ChillyWilly

@ Kidicarus and Futile:  thanks guys, you finally got it through my head. ;D (I hadn't realized the "Sir Eric is kinda dumb" part, think that's what has been throwing me off) 

@ Klytus: yes, I've seen them everywhere. That's what was making me crazy, I knew it was possible, but the directions how didn't seem logical. (untill the "Sir Eric is dumb" statement)  sorry I added my question in your thread, glad they answered us both... hope I at least gave you a good chuckle  ;D

Klytus

Quote from: ChillyWilly on May 19, 2009, 03:00:55 PM
@ Klytus: yes, I've seen them everywhere. That's what was making me crazy, I knew it was possible, but the directions how didn't seem logical. (untill the "Sir Eric is dumb" statement)  sorry I added my question in your thread, glad they answered us both... hope I at least gave you a good chuckle  ;D

i don't mind. there's so much to learn about this game, so it's normal when things as that happen.
i'm curious if you're planning some mutant now... since the discovery of mutants can make heads explodes of the sheer number of possibilities ;D

and i'm really confused about my future spoil mutant... one one hand sk/spoil seems fine, but other subs seem to be more efficient... :D
Klytus, i'm booored...

ChillyWilly

not sure.  might play with the idea on Arena, can't afford it here.  in 3 years, I havn't managed to get a single char above 70, and couldn't equip one if I did... let alone buy a horn... lol