Started by busa1300r, July 25, 2009, 02:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P3J

pleas someone send me l2.ini and l2.int
me meil p3j@o2.pl

LinK187

Quote from: flamingAwe on July 28, 2009, 05:18:42 PM
ServerName-e.dat has names of servers, not l2.ini

and if someone can't delete/overwrite file, just use "Unlocker" programm, easy to find, easy to use.

It holds the value after read from the ini. So ultimately l2.ini controls that. Which also explains why his server list was freaked.

ChillyWilly

Quote from: LinK187 on July 29, 2009, 05:29:35 AM
It holds the value after read from the ini. So ultimately l2.ini controls that. Which also explains why his server list was freaked.
funny, when I did full check, servername e-dat updated, l2.ini did not... and my server select screen is now correct

LinK187

Quote from: ChillyWilly on July 29, 2009, 05:55:31 AM
funny, when I did full check, servername e-dat updated, l2.ini did not... and my server select screen is now correct

Whatever you wana think mate. ;)

PoToSi

Quote from: LinK187 on July 29, 2009, 05:07:21 PM
Whatever you wana think mate. ;)

Just admit you're wrong lmao.

Atenea - Mystic Muse / Eva's Saint - 8x - Necromancer 7x - DemiGods captain. Inactive.

..but I can't spell it out for you.. no.. it's never gonna be that simple...

LinK187

Quote from: PoToSi on July 29, 2009, 06:21:21 PM
Just admit you're wrong lmao.

I'm an avid walker user. Prior to HB Off, bakeice was on all IL and C5 servers and needed to be worked around. L2.ini edits were required. L2.ini is read from when the game starts and places values in other files as well  as in memory. What do you think the "ini" is an abbreviation of? Initialization mate. If i change what is in l2.ini in regards to the server names, then next time l2 launches, servername-e.dat will have the new value(s) writen to it. The reason l2.ini exists, is so that only one file really needs to be written to for numberous types of updates.

So you were saying...?

zylar

this is in servername-e (and 100 more)

server_id   tag_?   server_name   server_desc
0   1   a,Dragon (15x)\0   a,
1   1   a,Infinity (5x)\0   a,
2   1   a,Nightmare (30x)\0   a,
3   1   a,Arena (200x)\0   a,
4   1   a,Arena (200x)\0   a,
5   1   a,Luna (1x)\0   a,
6   1   a,Totenkopf\0   a,
7   1   a,Hindemith\0   a,
8   1   a,Teon (EURO)\0   a,
9   1   a,Franz (EURO)\0   a,
10   1   a,Luna(EURO)\0   a,
11   1   a,Kastien\0   a,
12   1   a,Airin\0   a,
13   1   a,Staris\0   a,
14   1   a,Ceriel\0   a,
15   1   a,Fehyshar\0   a,
16   1   a,Elhwynna\0   a,
17   1   a,Ellikia\0   a,

The L2.INI contains stuff to initialize the game and where to find the server to much to post
I only post when im drunk!!! im not responsible for stupid/insulting posts.

ChillyWilly

Quote from: LinK187 on July 30, 2009, 05:40:39 AM
I'm an avid walker user. Prior to HB Off, bakeice was on all IL and C5 servers and needed to be worked around. L2.ini edits were required. L2.ini is read from when the game starts and places values in other files as well  as in memory. What do you think the "ini" is an abbreviation of? Initialization mate. If i change what is in l2.ini in regards to the server names, then next time l2 launches, servername-e.dat will have the new value(s) writen to it. The reason l2.ini exists, is so that only one file really needs to be written to for numberous types of updates.

So you were saying...?
that just sounds backwards to me... makes much more sense that the ini file takes the data it needs to initialize the game from the
data file, which stores data untill it is needed to run the game.....

seems to me that what cheaters are doing is changing the ini file to alter the way it uses that data

... but then, it would have been the ini file that got updated, wouldn't it?   sigh  guess I 'll never understand it...
any more than I can understand why ppl cheat at games in the first place

PoToSi

So you were saying...?

L2.ini is a file that initialites the game, nothing more. L2Walker uses an altered l2.ini because the client isn't L2walker. I dont know how it works, but Im 100% sure the server list is taken from servername-e.dat.

Atenea - Mystic Muse / Eva's Saint - 8x - Necromancer 7x - DemiGods captain. Inactive.

..but I can't spell it out for you.. no.. it's never gonna be that simple...

flamingAwe

So you were saying...?

Before talkicg bullshit try to decode l2.ini. - yo will see text (explanation below)
try to put readonly attr to otehr files - you will see they don't change on every lineage start

L2.in i is harcoded name for main INI file of unreal engine (file being used can be changed with command line parametrs)
inside ih has: some sections containing
IP and port of server (login)
paths
Video / sound / network parametrs
and some other ENGINE (unreal common) setting up parametrs

names of lineage servers on login screen, names of items, NPC have no connection to Unreal game and is stored in other dat / ini  (and others) files

This post just shows how damn stupid can be botter

LinK187

Quote from: zylar on July 30, 2009, 06:26:45 AM
this is in servername-e (and 100 more)

server_id   tag_?   server_name   server_desc
0   1   a,Dragon (15x)\0   a,
1   1   a,Infinity (5x)\0   a,
2   1   a,Nightmare (30x)\0   a,
3   1   a,Arena (200x)\0   a,
4   1   a,Arena (200x)\0   a,
5   1   a,Luna (1x)\0   a,
6   1   a,Totenkopf\0   a,
7   1   a,Hindemith\0   a,
8   1   a,Teon (EURO)\0   a,
9   1   a,Franz (EURO)\0   a,
10   1   a,Luna(EURO)\0   a,
11   1   a,Kastien\0   a,
12   1   a,Airin\0   a,
13   1   a,Staris\0   a,
14   1   a,Ceriel\0   a,
15   1   a,Fehyshar\0   a,
16   1   a,Elhwynna\0   a,
17   1   a,Ellikia\0   a,

The L2.INI contains stuff to initialize the game and where to find the server to much to post

Like I said. ServerName-e.dat does hold that info. But It`s read from l2.ini. When this info changes on the ini, it will write to the dat on next launch of the game. The ini also holds various other values which are writen either to other files or to memory. Hense it being an initialization file.

Quote from: PoToSi on July 30, 2009, 12:16:32 PM
L2.ini is a file that initialites the game, nothing more. L2Walker uses an altered l2.ini because the client isn't L2walker. I dont know how it works, but Im 100% sure the server list is taken from servername-e.dat.

Read prev reply to quote above this one.

Quote from: flamingAwe on July 30, 2009, 01:22:57 PM
Before talkicg bullshit try to decode l2.ini. - yo will see text (explanation below)
try to put readonly attr to otehr files - you will see they don't change on every lineage start

L2.in i is harcoded name for main INI file of unreal engine (file being used can be changed with command line parametrs)
inside ih has: some sections containing
IP and port of server (login)
paths
Video / sound / network parametrs
and some other ENGINE (unreal common) setting up parametrs

names of lineage servers on login screen, names of items, NPC have no connection to Unreal game and is stored in other dat / ini  (and others) files

This post just shows how damn stupid can be botter

Apparently you haven`t done the decryption before.

ChillyWilly

hmmm... since my l2.ini did not get changed by the loader, and my servername-e.dat did, if the l2.ini I got from the forum was what changed the server names, why didn't it change them again when I ran the game?