Main Menu

Error

Started by busa1300r, July 25, 2009, 02:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChillyWilly

Quote from: LinK187 on July 27, 2009, 06:12:48 AM
sounds like you've freaked your l2.ini file. Trying to make walker work? XD

no

and I find the suggestion extremely offensive, considering what I think of walker users

LinK187

Quote from: ChillyWilly on July 27, 2009, 12:58:49 PM
no

and I find the suggestion extremely offensive, considering what I think of walker users

The only reason your server list would show up as freaked up is if you used l2encdec to decrypt your l2.ini and modify it and then reencrypt it. Or somone sent you a walker modified l2.ini.

For example, when Dragon was still IL and using the bakeice launcher, I had to use a workaround that made only my server show up, in this case Dragon, the other 3 servers were not on the list. Since they switched to HB, they no longer use a bakeice launcher so walker works normally again.

ChillyWilly

the file that gave trouble (with installing the patch) was not l2.ini
and it was the file that installed with the client I just downloaded from gamershell

as for the messed up server list, that is possible, as in order to log in I used the 2 files from the link in this thread

I just hope that the web server will be up soon, I really want to do a full check :/

(went and looked again, file that would not overwrite was msxmL4
one in client was 1.17 mb, one in dn patch is 1.21 mb)

LinK187

Quote from: ChillyWilly on July 27, 2009, 04:08:34 PM
the file that gave trouble (with installing the patch) was not l2.ini
and it was the file that installed with the client I just downloaded from gamershell

as for the messed up server list, that is possible, as in order to log in I used the 2 files from the link in this thread

I just hope that the web server will be up soon, I really want to do a full check :/

(went and looked again, file that would not overwrite was msxmL4
one in client was 1.17 mb, one in dn patch is 1.21 mb)

l2.ini controls what you see for a server list.

Narkosis

anyone actually get this figured out i just installed and used patch and same problem...  o well for making a return i guess.

ChillyWilly

this is what happened to me, and what I did:
installed client, tried to put in dn patch... got long list of "acess denied" messages
tried several times, finally ending up with one file that had not overwritten, the msxmL4 one mentoned above
could not delete it, so moved it to desktop (are several files with similar names, so be sure to get the right one)
moved the one from dn patch in to replace it (btw, I had unzipped to a file on desktop to make this easier)
at this point I could get to login screen, but couldn't log in yet, so I used the two files from danilo
now I can login , but the server select screen shows Arena as Shadow... I can live with that  ;D
(also ended up with that file sitting on my desktop... it still will not delete)

good luck

possessed666

So PLZZZZZZZZ, POST UP THE ARCHIVES, IM TRYING 2 PLAY HAVE 2 DAYS AND NOTHING!!!

P3J

Danilo can you upload files again

LinK187

Wouldn't deleting one's system folder and runing the launcher not do the same thing except properly?

ChillyWilly

Quote from: LinK187 on July 28, 2009, 02:26:44 PM
Wouldn't deleting one's system folder and runing the launcher not do the same thing except properly?

that's what I thought.. but it didn't work. as long as that file was there, it wouldn't delete. Any folder I move it to, won't delete. (I've tried)
and running the launcher doesn't do any good untill we can do full check again... is it fixed now? (just got up and havn't checked on that yet  :D)

flamingAwe

Quote from: LinK187 on July 28, 2009, 03:36:52 AM
l2.ini controls what you see for a server list.

ServerName-e.dat has names of servers, not l2.ini

and if someone can't delete/overwrite file, just use "Unlocker" programm, easy to find, easy to use.

ChillyWilly

Quote from: flamingAwe on July 28, 2009, 05:18:42 PM
ServerName-e.dat has names of servers, not l2.ini

and if someone can't delete/overwrite file, just use "Unlocker" programm, easy to find, easy to use.

never heard of it before.. just googled it, and don't think I have time to search through 500k results........ ::)
you wouldn't have something more specific to search for, would you?